Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost luggage and LH is zero help. Ideas please.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Lost luggage and LH is zero help. Ideas please.

My sister flew CDG to SZG on June the 8th. She arrived but her suitcase didn't. Till now they haven't found it.

What is VERY important is she had some meds in her carry on, but the rest in her luggage. They still can't find luggage.

We have called and sent emails and we get the same exact response.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:25 am

I think the only reasonable idea/advice is to sort out the medicine on the basis that you won't see the suitcase again.
mnhusker and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by 8420PR
I think the only reasonable idea/advice is to sort out the medicine on the basis that you won't see the suitcase again.
Some of it are the self shots, you can't take those onboard, can you?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LH in CDG told me that they are still searching for it, LH in Germany told my sister that it could be in Frankfurt.

What gives, who is telling the truth?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: LH SEN
Did she get a tracking number?

What do you see when you put her details into http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_en.htm ?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:07 am

I have lost bags many times. Worldtracer usually has the best information you can find. Calling never gave me any additional information. Every time the bags showed up at the adress I gave them when I reported the missing bag after 3 to 7 days.
becks1, airoli, Fabo.sk and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Yes - there is no blame on your sister at all.

But, in the best case the suitcase is in one of many piles of luggage at airports throughout Europe and will take days/weeks to process and deliver to your sister. In the worst case the label fell off and it is never going to show up. Anyone from LH you can talk to on the phone is only going to look in the computer system (which you can do as well) - hence the speculation about where (FRA or CDG) it is.

The only thing you can do is wait, and focus on replacing the contents when they are needed.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Medication can always be taken with you, they are exempt from the liquid ban.
TerryK, JMontpelier, pdeut and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
LH in CDG told me that they are still searching for it, LH in Germany told my sister that it could be in Frankfurt.

What gives, who is telling the truth?
It's not a contradiction. So likely both ... to some degree.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine

What do you see when you put her details into http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_en.htm ?
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I have lost bags many times. Worldtracer usually has the best information you can find. Calling never gave me any additional information. Every time the bags showed up at the adress I gave them when I reported the missing bag after 3 to 7 days.
Thank you. I will put the info and send her the link.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Yes - there is no blame on your sister at all.

But, in the best case the suitcase is in one of many piles of luggage at airports throughout Europe and will take days/weeks to process and deliver to your sister. In the worst case the label fell off and it is never going to show up. Anyone from LH you can talk to on the phone is only going to look in the computer system (which you can do as well) - hence the speculation about where (FRA or CDG) it is.

The only thing you can do is wait, and focus on replacing the contents when they are needed.
I hope the tag didn't fall off. Besides, don't they put that little thing on the side?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Medication can always be taken with you, they are exempt from the liquid ban.

Didn't know that, even liquid shots? Does one need a prescription from the Dr??
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine

"we are trying to trace your luggage". And no other info.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:21 am

"we are trying to trace your luggage". And no other info.
Ok, so the reason for their vagueness is they haven't tracked down the bag yet.

I know it has been almost a week but I would not lose hope yet. Ground staff are horribly overloaded right now due to people out sick and roles still to be recruited. There is probably a huge backlog of bags to be processed.

Of course she needs to sort herself out medication wise which is a hassle but any costs can be passed on to Lufthansa. Keep those receipts.
flospi likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: UA*G, AA Plat, Accor Diamond, Marriott G
I went through this with LH two weeks ago, albeit an interline issue was involved. The bag did not show up as found on LH’s system/app until the bag arrived at my destination.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Didn't know that, even liquid shots? Does one need a prescription from the Dr??
Medicine for personal use are exempt. Including liquids. Never check medicines in hold luggage.

Hand luggage and hold luggage

When travelling by plane from an airport in the EU, you should keep in mind certain security requirements when packing and boarding:
  • Liquids carried in the aircraft cabin such as aerosols, drinks, toothpaste, cosmetic creams or gels must be carried in a transparent plastic bag - maximum capacity 1 litre - and no container may hold more than 100 ml. Liquid containers larger than 100 ml must be placed in checked baggage. The volume restriction does not apply to medicines and baby food.
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...s/index_en.htm
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.