FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   H2/2022 Status Miles Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2082852-h2-2022-status-miles-promotion.html)

theKrafty1tar Apr 25, 2022 11:21 am

H2/2022 Status Miles Promotion

Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa (Post 34195125)
I just did 8 LH flights this year. With my trips I could think about HON this year but lack of bonus for Q2 makes it unlikley. I would just chase United 1K.

You never know, but I doubt they will extend the double miles promotion. Especially looking at pricing and loads this summer it doesn't seem like they're doing too bad.

oliver2002 Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am

Loads in Q2 seem to be good, but M&M/LHG is looking forward into Q3 & Q4 right now and crafting a package to drive demand to the right level. If the proposal is accepted promos for Q3 and/or Q4 will be announced towards the end of May.

Tomasz Pa Apr 29, 2022 9:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 34206765)
Loads in Q2 seem to be good, but M&M/LHG is looking forward into Q3 & Q4 right now and crafting a package to drive demand to the right level. If the proposal is accepted promos for Q3 and/or Q4 will be announced towards the end of May.

I hope it would get accepted so I can get my first ever HON this year!

59Impala Apr 29, 2022 2:24 pm

wouldn‘t mind the 30k status miles on CC spend again. Have 3 C class TATL flights this year, but gets me with some other domestic US flights only to around 65k status miles.

LHSEN Apr 30, 2022 3:26 am

For sure flight loads been much better in Q2 from what I’ve experienced. I think there will be some sort of promotions for H2, but don‘t think as aggressive as double status miles … maybe something to do with award miles, and fixed additional status miles for each flight taken.

bobhope2 May 25, 2022 1:25 am

Almost at the end of May - did you hear anything yet or are they still waiting to see?

oliver2002 May 25, 2022 8:39 am

Heard nothing so far, maybe next week, will let you know as soon as I hear something.

vantage03 May 25, 2022 10:23 am

I sincerely doubt we’ll see another double HON/Status Miles promo.. F cabins are generally full and I’d be surprised if a large portion of HONs hadn’t already clocked up at least 300k+ HON miles, and SENs already renewed, by the end of the current promo

Raul_R May 26, 2022 4:04 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 34279390)
I sincerely doubt we’ll see another double HON/Status Miles promo.. F cabins are generally full and I’d be surprised if a large portion of HONs hadn’t already clocked up at least 300k+ HON miles, and SENs already renewed, by the end of the current promo

I think the same.
Personally will have by 30.06. already 500k+ HON miles for requalifucafion from 01.01, so…
the promo was really good. :)
And yes, by my experience as well F cabins are full, airline should be happy.

MichielR May 26, 2022 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R (Post 34281431)
I think the same.
Personally will have by 30.06. already 500k+ HON miles for requalifucafion from 01.01, so…
the promo was really good. :)
And yes, by my experience as well F cabins are full, airline should be happy.

I am not so convinced that the sample here at FT is representative. I agree that for self-funders/independents the promo has been very helpful as this group of travellers has kept flying, but most of the corporate travellers I know are still under all kinds of travel restrictions and have had their travel budgets cut significantly. Another sample of one, but I am going to miss my renewal as I am definitely not going out of my way to fly LHG - the ex-CH fares are not competitive at all and the C product is outdated as we all know.

That said, LH will also track corporate bookings and if they are happy to let these travellers (a previously very captive group) go, then I don't see the promo extended after all.

Nic33 Jun 7, 2022 11:28 pm

I am flying in July and am wondering whether anyone heard of a hint with respect to the possible extension of status miles promotions....

ckx2 Jun 8, 2022 3:34 am

Given the current load factors I'd be surprised.

oliver2002 Jun 10, 2022 8:05 am

A new promo/campaign for H2/2022 is ready, details will be published June 13 at 7pm.

vantage03 Jun 10, 2022 4:51 pm

1.5x HON Miles July-December incoming. You heard it here first.

Completely unnecessary imo, they’re just going to end up with more status pax to pay for which is exactly what they don’t want.

How about opening A class instead of F8A0 and encouraging engaged customers to actually spend money instead of gaming the system? Hopeless.

f4freeJunior Jun 10, 2022 11:27 pm

Only HON Miles or also 1.5x status miles?
anyway these F8A0 thing is indeed frustrating. On my standard route to SIN it is very often F8A0 but F sells out very quickly so when I book like a few weeks in advance typically F is already sold out and no chance to end up in F. Same story for business: mostly J9C0 ex ZRH and the plane fills up anyway. My recent tickets were all in J fares (one in C to NRT) and often I only got them with the help of the booking guarantee. And they are not exactly cheap, all of them almost 9k chf. DXB and NRT still OK to buy A fares but SIN and BKK very hard to even find anything below J if not booked months in advance.