Community
Wiki Posts
Search

H2/2022 Status Miles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by MichalB
Absolutely counterproductive and useless. Senator Lounges are already fully packed, why do they want to bring in extra traffic there?
I think LH have insight to how many status members are behind the curve to meet requal requirements. I expect the end of complimentary status extension will lead to a massive drop off from 2023.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Seems to be on par with what AF/KLM are offering for frequent flyers.
AF/KL were 6 months ahead. They had double XP last year and 1,5 times XP from January-June this year. From July onwards, it's only the regular XP, unless they announce an extension of this promotion beyond June 30.

So in terms of status miles promotion, LH was more interesting than AF/KL in the first half of this year (2x vs. 1,5x) and will remain more interesting the second half of the year (1,5x vs. 1x)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
I think LH have insight to how many status members are behind the curve to meet requal requirements. I expect the end of complimentary status extension will lead to a massive drop off from 2023.
....Which is why I think some form of status bonus will continue into 2023 too, and- as we have heard- there might perhaps be a new status system from 2024 anyway.
GlobalNomad likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
AF/KL were 6 months ahead. They had double XP last year and 1,5 times XP from January-June this year. From July onwards, it's only the regular XP, unless they announce an extension of this promotion beyond June 30.

So in terms of status miles promotion, LH was more interesting than AF/KL in the first half of this year (2x vs. 1,5x) and will remain more interesting the second half of the year (1,5x vs. 1x)

But AF KLM status is easy to get and easier to keep than a Senator/HON...
Moreover with the AF if you have surplus status points (calles XP) you can keep them indefinitely to qualify for the years to come. I personally got XP for 2 years requalifications.... and flown only intra european flights in eco!! Whit the same amount of flight done on LH I could not even reach FTL!!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Will this promotion also combine with the account pooling one?
searched on all threads and MM site: what do you mean by "the account pooling one"?

would you mind sharing the link?

thank you
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by st8dm
searched on all threads and MM site: what do you mean by "the account pooling one"?
Targetted promo:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...pt-2022-a.html
st8dm likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
But AF KLM status is easy to get and easier to keep than a Senator/HON...
Moreover with the AF if you have surplus status points (calles XP) you can keep them indefinitely to qualify for the years to come. I personally got XP for 2 years requalifications.... and flown only intra european flights in eco!! Whit the same amount of flight done on LH I could not even reach FTL!!
Totally agree with you. Except for the word "indefinitely": I would really not count on this, some people have taken advantage of this rule doing the KRK run over and over again to keep qualifying for PLT or Ultra for the next 10 years... they are rumours that they are re-working the Flying Blue programme and this perk could be disappearing overnight. But that's another discussion!
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
Totally agree with you. Except for the word "indefinitely": I would really not count on this, some people have taken advantage of this rule doing the KRK run over and over again to keep qualifying for PLT or Ultra for the next 10 years... they are rumours that they are re-working the Flying Blue programme and this perk could be disappearing overnight. But that's another discussion!
That would be hilarious. Filled up Ben's coin purse with all those Euros and he just changes the rules .
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I'm wondering if it's even worth it to start now with a full fare biz intercontinental flight from zero (0) status miles?

Will I achieve even FTL with BOM-FRA r/t?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lets see... BOM-FRA is roughly 4000 miles. A simple return in P is 8000 SM x 1.5 (H2/22 promo)=12000SM. So you need 3 rt for FTL. In H1 it would have been 8000x2 plus 2x 2000=20000 SM for on rt in P, ie only 1 1/2 rt gave you FTL.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lets see... BOM-FRA is roughly 4000 miles. A simple return in P is 8000 SM x 1.5 (H2/22 promo)=12000SM. So you need 3 rt for FTL. In H1 it would have been 8000x2 plus 2x 2000=20000 SM for on rt in P, ie only 1 1/2 rt gave you FTL.
Yes, when I saw this advertized on board LX F a few weeks ago, I was stunned...

Too bad I went with UA MP - which is not as valuable now that they are not flying direct BOM-EWR and other parameters...
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:42 am

Hello
2 questions I hope you have an answer to:
-i will fly on Swiss and Edelweis (operated and sold as such) in december 2022. But the ticket is issued on United stock 016.
Would the 1,5 promo also applying on those flight also?

-on AF and Delta flights to US is under certain conditions possible to ask to change the contract owner by changing the eticket number from delta to af stock or vice-versa. Does this option also exist on staraliance?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
In *A only the operating carrier matters, who issued the ticket is immaterial. If the metal you're flying participates in the promo, you'll get the bonus.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
In *A only the operating carrier matters, who issued the ticket is immaterial. If the metal you're flying participates in the promo, you'll get the bonus.
thx really clear
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Can confirm - was flying LH on a united 016 ticket last month. Got the x2 status miles + the 2000 miles for the US-Europe legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.