Search

Lounge Access - FRA Connecting L/H F to S/H J

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Lounge Access - FRA Connecting L/H F to S/H J

LH newbie here (usually travel BA)

I am travelling from the UK to EZE via FRA.

The outbound flight is J all-through. The inbound flight is F to FRA, then shorthaul J to the UK.

What lounge access do I get? In particular, do I get to use the Frankfurt First Class terminal when I am at FRA, having landed in F and going out in J? Do I get any sort of F lounge entitlement at F?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: LH HON
Assuming no status, you get business lounge access in FRA on the outbound and first lounge access (including first class terminal) on the inbound. Using the first class facilities however currently requires you to enter Germany

so - assuming you have a long enough connection- the first class terminal is recommended
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by flieduk

The outbound flight is J all-through. The inbound flight is F to FRA, then shorthaul J to the UK.

What lounge access do I get? In particular, do I get to use the Frankfurt First Class terminal when I am at FRA, having landed in F and going out in J? Do I get any sort of F lounge entitlement at F?

Thanks in advance.

LH lounge at LHR, business lounge at FRA.

Inbound, *A lounge at EZE, reserved seats there for LH F pax, enhanced service & a PA will take F pax for boarding. At FRA, try to use FCT for your flight to LHR because the FCL is at A & in Schengen & your LHR flight would depart from Z or B in non Schengen, from FCT you will be driven to your flight to LHR.
GlobalNomad likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the responses, so two follow-up questions.

How do I get access to the FCT Lounge? Do I just go there (or will LH Ground Crew provide a vehicle to drive us to the FCT)?

Second question, we are likely to want to buy duty free (liquids) at EZE. Will we be allowed to take this onto our shorthaul J flight to UK or will we require to clear security again? On the outbound flight when we arrived from the UK at FRA, the whole flight were actually were de-planed directly into B departure gates so there was no security to clear for the EZE flight.

If we require to clear security again, will LH allow us to check an additional bag at FRA? (If so do we need to enter germany to do this)? We have an additional single bags allowance...
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH HON
You have to walk to the FCT, you will have to enter Germany to do so and you can check your addl bag there.

you will need to reclear security either way, if your duty free stuff is in a sealed bag you’re ok though.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
You have to walk to the FCT, you will have to enter Germany to do so and you can check your addl bag there.

you will need to reclear security either way, if your duty free stuff is in a sealed bag you’re ok though.
+ 1

There are also duty free shops on arrival at FRA, you can check the prices online
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

Thanks in advance.

I followed that itinerary (well, more or less) a few weeks back - i started the trip in Frankfurt, so the FCT was a no-brainer. Coming back I couldn't be bothered and diverted to the A Flounge before tunnelling my way to the Senator lounge in B to be ready for the MAN flight. The helpful A lounge receptionist urged me to have lunch there, then go to FCT so I'd get a car to the plane: but that would have introduced a extra layer of faff. And as luck would have it the MAN gate was next to Sen-B.

The Star lounge at EZE is nice enough, but can get a bit chocca. Last time here were reserved seats for F-ers, but it was an odd idea that seems to have died a deserved death. They asked at check-in if I wanted someone to collect me from the lounge, an invitation I didn't take up (the gate is in front of the lift serving the lounge). Arriving at EZE it's probably best to ignore the helper picking up F passengers and HONs at the aircraft door: it's a service that can only slow you down.

LH's F service is usually a notch or three above BA's. But I managed to plump for a broken seat on the way out, and there was a diversion to Montevideo. On the way back there was a disruptive drunk across from me. And that return flight ended at what must be the most remote of FRA's remote stands: certainly the fleet of buses and vans required for a B748 took their time to locate us.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller

However, we are coming from a non-EU airport. I thought in those circumstances, the "sealed duty free bag" exemption did not apply?

I also thought you lost that exemption when you went airside?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
However, we are coming from a non-EU airport. I thought in those circumstances, the "sealed duty free bag" exemption did not apply?

I also thought you lost that exemption when you went airside?
Sealed bag exemption applies to any sealed bag that fulfills the criteria, that's the point.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I followed that itinerary (well, more or less) a few weeks back - i started the trip in Frankfurt, so the FCT was a no-brainer. Coming back I couldn't be bothered and diverted to the A Flounge before tunnelling my way to the Senator lounge in B to be ready for the MAN flight. The helpful A lounge receptionist urged me to have lunch there, then go to FCT so I'd get a car to the plane: but that would have introduced a extra layer of faff. And as luck would have it the MAN gate was next to Sen-B.

LH's F service is usually a notch or three above BA's. But I managed to plump for a broken seat on the way out, and there was a diversion to Montevideo. On the way back there was a disruptive drunk across from me. And that return flight ended at what must be the most remote of FRA's remote stands: certainly the fleet of buses and vans required for a B748 took their time to locate us.

I'd like to raise a question arising from my trip.

when my seat gave up any of its electronic functions, and faced with a full F-cabin, the purser offered me a (hopefully fully-functioning) seat in business-class, or to stay upright in the F-cabin. I opted to continue in First and remained their for the hours remaining, and the subsequent diversion to Montevideo. Really not a big deal, but certainly sub-optimal.

The purser re-appeared with apologies and 10K miles in voucher form. Not exactly a king's ransom, but there you are. She said the bonus miles would appear in my account. They haven't and i'm unsure if they should do, or if I need to do something.

I'm loathe to go through the telephone support lines at the moment; and wonder if I can sort things out the next time i travel through FRA or MUC. Does anyone know the drill?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'd like to raise a question arising from my trip.

when my seat gave up any of its electronic functions, and faced with a full F-cabin, the purser offered me a (hopefully fully-functioning) seat in business-class, or to stay upright in the F-cabin. I opted to continue in First and remained their for the hours remaining, and the subsequent diversion to Montevideo. Really not a big deal, but certainly sub-optimal.

The purser re-appeared with apologies and 10K miles in voucher form. Not exactly a king's ransom, but there you are. She said the bonus miles would appear in my account. They haven't and i'm unsure if they should do, or if I need to do something.

I'm loathe to go through the telephone support lines at the moment; and wonder if I can sort things out the next time i travel through FRA or MUC. Does anyone know the drill?
They should have appeared in your account from my recollection, aren't there some details on the reverse ? I would email M&M, they are usually good at responding & send a copy of the voucher.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
FCT sponsored guests

Sorry to jump in, it seems easier to not start a separate thread with related questions.

Traveling with a family of 4 (sr citizens with one couple requiring assistance) the couple needing assistance is TATL BER-FRA-BOS F while the other two family members provide some of the needed walking airport assistance. To complicate matters the other family couple will be traveling BER-FRA-MCO in J Will they allow both couples entrance to the FCT? (Linked PNRs if that means anything)
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Sorry to jump in, it seems easier to not start a separate thread with related questions.

Traveling with a family of 4 (sr citizens with one couple requiring assistance) the couple needing assistance is TATL BER-FRA-BOS F while the other two family members provide some of the needed walking airport assistance. To complicate matters the other family couple will be traveling BER-FRA-MCO in J Will they allow both couples entrance to the FCT? (Linked PNRs if that means anything)
You can always try but thats clearly against the rules, *A rules are now that guests need to be on the same flight & that's also the FCT / FCL rule at FRA
You can book any necessary assistance online or via the dedicated F line for the pax in need of that
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

No, while guests are allowed, they have to be on the same flight.

Under normal circumstances I would recommend the FCL B for the couple needing assistance because they would have been driven to their flight, but the FCL B is still closed. They can try FCT but would need to exit the building and walk there, so that's not a good option either. Leaves the C lounges
at A for all four pax and booking FRAPORT assistance to the gate for the two.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
No, while guests are allowed, they have to be on the same flight.

at A for all four pax and booking FRAPORT assistance to the gate for the two.
None of them are actually in F on arrival in FRA so i think only the F departing pax have access ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.