Frankfurt connection question

Old May 26, 2022, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Frankfurt connection question

I am connecting from LH 755 to LH 454. I am in business class on LH 755 and in First Class on LH 454. The current scheduled connection time is 1 hr and 25 mins. In looking at actual flights times, LH 755 seems to be constantly delayed. LH 454 also seems to have constant delays.

My question to anyone who has made this connection, is whether I will have time to visit the First Class lounge?
Old May 26, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: LH HON
If everything is more or less on time - no
Old May 27, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Hkmurthy1
I am connecting from LH 755 to LH 454. I am in business class on LH 755 and in First Class on LH 454. The current scheduled connection time is 1 hr and 25 mins. In looking at actual flights times, LH 755 seems to be constantly delayed. LH 454 also seems to have constant delays.

My question to anyone who has made this connection, is whether I will have time to visit the First Class lounge?
Welcome to FT !

You will only know on the day, if you actually have 1.25 you could make it to the FCT, the FCL A is in Schengen anyway & you would need to clear transit security & passport control to get there & passport control again to leave for SFO. Have a look at the FCT thread here for further information
athome likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Welcome to FT !

You will only know on the day, if you actually have 1.25 you could make it to the FCT, the FCL A is in Schengen anyway & you would need to clear transit security & passport control to get there & passport control again to leave for SFO. Have a look at the FCT thread here for further information
but by the time they make it to the FCT it’s time to leave
Old May 27, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
but by the time they make it to the FCT it’s time to leave
Well, I’ve certainly had time to go there on a 1hr 20 connection but as said, all depends on the arrival flight into FRA on the day
Old May 27, 2022, 10:21 am

Lufthansa LH 755 (Bengaluru- Frankfurt)
Lufthansa LH 454 (Frankfurt- SFO)
for those who haven't memorized flight numbers.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; May 27, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Old May 27, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Well, I’ve certainly had time to go there on a 1hr 20 connection but as said, all depends on the arrival flight into FRA on the day
It also depends on how familiar one is with paths and facilities
Old May 27, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
It also depends on how familiar one is with paths and facilities
It does but exit signs are easy to follow
Old May 28, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It also depends where LH755 arrives and where LH454 departs. Yesterday LH755 arrived at gate B28A, LH454 departed from Z52. I am not sure if you can transfer from B to Z without passing immigration (and security). It is certainly at least a 20 min walk + waiting time.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Viennafly
It also depends where LH755 arrives and where LH454 departs. Yesterday LH755 arrived at gate B28A, LH454 departed from Z52. I am not sure if you can transfer from B to Z without passing immigration (and security). It is certainly at least a 20 min walk + waiting time.
The Skyline route requires security but not immigration when transferring from B to Z.
In addition as the OP is arriving from Bengaluru, India; even if LH 755 arrives at a Z gate, the OP would need to clear transfer security at FRA.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Most important question. Is the OP allowed to enter Germany / Schengen area? If he doesn't, he will not have access to the FCT or the FCL A. FCL B is still closed.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by athome
Most important question. Is the OP allowed to enter Germany / Schengen area? If he doesn't, he will not have access to the FCT or the FCL A. FCL B is still closed.
And unless the OP is eligible to use the e-gates, I would highly suggest to avoid clearing passport control on both directions as the lines for a booth with an officer for non-EU citizens could be very long especially during the morning peak time which would waste a lot of time on the 1h20min layover.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.