Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entry to LH first lounge, anyone can guest or any other ways to enter?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Entry to LH first lounge, anyone can guest or any other ways to enter?

Hi, hope we're all well.

There used to be a way to pay to get into LH first lounges in FRA. Is it still possible? does it worth it? We're a group of two (A3*G) flying lcy-fra-skg on the 2nd of June. If not, anyone can guest us? It's on LH metal
Old May 22, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Hi, hope we're all well.

There used to be a way to pay to get into LH first lounges in FRA. Is it still possible? does it worth it? We're a group of two (A3*G) flying lcy-fra-skg on the 2nd of June. If not, anyone can guest us? It's on LH metal
There are multiple threads about F lounges in Frankfurt. I would suggest you use the search feature.

You will both have access to the SEN lounges. At this time there is no way to buy access to the First Lounges (I believe this was only possible for a few days last year, otherwise they are exclusive to F/HON passengers).

HON's can only guest one person (non-family) to the F lounges, so I wouldn't count on it... not to mention they would have to be flying on the same flight.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it really same flight for HON? That’s absolutely stupid. They really hate their pax.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is it really same flight for HON? That’s absolutely stupid. They really hate their pax.
it is since not too long ago because of shenanigans like this…
Old May 23, 2022, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
F lounge guesting for pax on same flight has been around since years... you had to be on the same incoming or outgoing flight. Also once the guesting HON left the lounge you were politely kicked out. My first memory of this is November 2010.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:21 am

I think it's pretty standard across the industry, to be honest. British Airways Gold Guest List only gives you access to the Concorde Room with one guest. Air France Platinum Ultimate doesn't even give the status holder access to the La Premiere Lounge.

Not to mention, I believe (though I'm not 100% sure) HON's can purchase access for additional guests to the First class Lounges if needed.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
F lounge guesting for pax on same flight has been around since years... you had to be on the same incoming or outgoing flight. Also once the guesting HON left the lounge you were politely kicked out. My first memory of this is November 2010.
I think the same flight rule for HON guests came in around 3 years ago, certainly I used to guest pax in on *A flights in the past.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
I think it's pretty standard across the industry, to be honest. British Airways Gold Guest List only gives you access to the Concorde Room with one guest. Air France Platinum Ultimate doesn't even give the status holder access to the La Premiere Lounge.

Not to mention, I believe (though I'm not 100% sure) HON's can purchase access for additional guests to the First class Lounges if needed.
HON can pay to bring additional guests into the FCL/ FCT but they must also be on the same flight
Old May 23, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On OW it’s ANY eligible flight. The stupidity is the same flight crap. Garbage.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
I think the same flight rule for HON guests came in around 3 years ago, certainly I used to guest pax in on *A flights in the past.
Thankfully your shenanigans have been put to bed!
Old May 23, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thankfully your shenanigans have been put to bed!
Shenanigans, how ? They were the rules at the time & it was either colleagues or Family, not a random pick up
Old May 23, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
Shenanigans, how ? They were the rules at the time & it was either colleagues or Family, not a random pick up
Wasn’t my word

Its interesting isn’t it… guesting randoms leading to shenanigans is a huge problem for Star but not for OW and SkyTeam 🤔 it must be the draw of the potato salad?

There’s a run on
Old May 23, 2022, 8:30 am

Wasn’t my word

Its interesting isn’t it… guesting randoms leading to shenanigans is a huge problem for Star but not for OW and SkyTeam 🤔 it must be the draw of the potato salad?

There’s a run on
Each program has its pros and cons. HON ground service is unrivalled compared to OW and Skyteam. Whereas baggage allowances are downright pitiful, especially on Economy light fares. I guess the priorities simply vary
Old May 23, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

but with ba the guest does not have to be on the same flight as the ggl person
hugolover likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Each program has its pros and cons. HON ground service is unrivalled compared to OW and Skyteam. Whereas baggage allowances are downright pitiful, especially on Economy light fares. I guess the priorities simply vary
So if HON is so unrivalled, you’d think they could at least offer a HON the possibility to guest anyone on a Star flight. Due to institutional discrimination, it unfairly targets womxn who are the least likely to be HON or indeed have any status. I think it’s frankly disgusting a HON cannot guest their spouse into a lounge when theirself is on a different flight.

It’s Monday morning and your partner is also on a work trip, sorry, no guest, FTL or SEN if they’re lucky.

In terms of “shenanigans” I doubt it’s HON, it’s F pax.

What it actually shows is the contempt they have for their HON.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.