Shocking Anti Semitic incident

Old May 10, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman
There’s a reason not a SINGLE main stream us media outlet has lucked this up. Don’t forget it. Lol. Bunch of clowns
CBS is now reporting on it https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/luf...-mask-dispute/

it's just a matter of time before others do.
friedablass and hugolover like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:34 am
Suspended

pretty much all of no importance when you can get Reuters, AP, NYT,WSJ,WP, top Intl media to run with it then it will be worth something. Till then you have the Single A ball clubs saying something which is like saying nothing 9plus if you deduct any Jewish,Israeli or Boarding Area sites you end up with close to 0 coverage of the story)

However if what is important is getting your site better known and more hits on it to increase rev then it works
Old May 10, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by craz
pretty much all of no importance when you can get Reuters, AP, NYT,WSJ,WP, top Intl media to run with it then it will be worth something. Till then you have the Single A ball clubs saying something which is like saying nothing 9plus if you deduct any Jewish,Israeli or Boarding Area sites you end up with close to 0 coverage of the story)

However if what is important is getting your site better known and more hits on it to increase rev then it works
Most didn't credit me. That's OK, it's not the reason I've spent a week on this story.
NYT/WP/CNN are all on the story. They are just crossing their T's and dotting their I's. I'd expect it later today.

Also from what I understand faz and Bild are 2 of the largest newspapers in Germany.

hugolover likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: All of them...
Old May 10, 2022, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Most didn't credit me. That's OK
Funny you say that since you have been posting the exact opposite on your site and all your rara people jumping for joy that DD has been picked up by another site and we are getting better known.

As for the majors its what I said up thread they wont run with heresay and want to get LHs side as well. If they do run with it then it will count but the sites as of now sorry are pretty meaningless and LH knows that. LHs reaction will be what its legal team tells them is best to do right now.

Personally I highly doubt any of LHs people who were involved are Nazi's, AS maybe . guilty of simply following orders for sure but who isnt when it comes to that. Most likely a settlement will be offered to those involved who will grab it and should LH have the cheapest fare for their next trip will purchase it no matter what they are saying now,Im sure there will be a few who wont, but since it seems no one was physically harmed its not going to be a retirement amount like Dao Probably alittle more then what EU261 would call for thats if 261 is even in play.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
guilty of simply following orders for sure.
Uh. This is a massive problem for a German airline and police officers dealing with Jews.
mnhusker and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Uh. This is a massive problem for a German airline and police officers dealing with Jews.
The police AFAIK didnt do anything wrong. In many if not almost all European airports the police walk around with those types of guns, when they get a report of a possible riot by 150 people did you expect them to send just 2 officers? Id agree with you if you have any communications from them saying we must round up 150 Jews or The Jews are at it again, my gut says there wasnt any such talk. Yea it doesnt look nice but I dont believe there was anything sinister in it. And yes Ive had a couple of dealings with them and I could have been in LA

Id go as far and say I doubt the LH employee who called for the banning of further travel did so to Get the Jews. possible but doubtful, true it doesnt look that way but it probably is. Its probably a case of an FA or 2 who got sick and tired of dealing with the few culprits and embellished everything and then it took off from there. And thusly LH ends up with a PR nightmare on their hands and it will be a Lose-Lose sit no matter what they do for them, and denying things from the get go doesnt help them at all. The FA/s should have gotten positive ID of the culprits the Police meet the flight and put them on a flight back to the US
Loren Pechtel likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:25 am

friedablass likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Most likely a settlement will be offered to those involved who will grab it and should LH have the cheapest fare for their next trip will purchase it no matter what they are saying now,Im sure there will be a few who wont, but since it seems no one was physically harmed its not going to be a retirement amount like Dao Probably alittle more then what EU261 would call for thats if 261 is even in play.
I do hope that at least one of the aggrieved passengers files a discrimination complaint with the U.S. DOT, if only so that we can learn whether the DOT asserts jurisdiction over LH for the second leg of a JFK-FRA-BUD ticket. If he sees this thread, then perhaps FTer bedelman -- who has been involved in some DOT complaints -- can weigh in on this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
While this apology is far from sufficient, I still think it's a step forward that they apologized. I wasn't expecting them to do so at all, so it shows that they did cave to the pressure from all the exposure this was getting.
mnhusker likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by guv1976
I do hope that at least one of the aggrieved passengers files a discrimination complaint with the U.S. DOT, if only so that we can learn whether the DOT asserts jurisdiction over LH for the second leg of a JFK-FRA-BUD ticket. If he sees this thread, then perhaps FTer bedelman -- who has been involved in some DOT complaints -- can weigh in on this.
Im not sure it falls into the DOTs area. It happened outside The US on a non-US Carrier. Had it happened at JFK then that would have been something different or say had it been a DL flight
Old May 10, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Im not sure it falls into the DOTs area. It happened outside The US on a non-US Carrier. Had it happened at JFK then that would have been something different or say had it been a DL flight
I'm not sure either, but it's an interesting question. The DOT certainly has jurisdiction over a nonstop flight from JFK to BUD, even if operated by a non-U.S. carrier. If the itinerary includes a connection operated by the same carrier, does DOT jurisdiction extend to the carrier's conduct at the connecting airport?
Old May 10, 2022, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by guv1976
I'm not sure either, but it's an interesting question. The DOT certainly has jurisdiction over a nonstop flight from JFK to BUD, even if operated by a non-U.S. carrier. If the itinerary includes a connection operated by the same carrier, does DOT jurisdiction extend to the carrier's conduct at the connecting airport?
are you sure DOT has any say once a non-US carrier has taken off? Im not even sure if they can sue LH in The US as I would think The Court would say they dont have a say since what took place took place outside The US

Nothing stops a passenger on that flight from filing with DOT but I dont see what DOT has to offer. I think if you sue in Europe and win judgement you may be able to get some Court over here to cease LH equipment in order to pay the claimants but its Never get that far. That is unless all involved reject any settlement offer and go to Court.And the liars over there will probably end up with alot of what is won eg I had a SN flight TLV-BRU-EWR and the TLV-BRU went MX I put a claim in under Israeli Law and SN offered me the lessor which was EU261 I could have gone after them but not worth it for the extra $145 of which most would have gone to the liars so I took the EU261 and was happy

thats how I see this coming to a close, it all depends on the amount LH offers I think many will jump at a # that would mean pretty much their tk/st was paid for in the end, rather then roll the dice and end up with less. Now if LH offers a voucher off a future flight doubt many will jump or $100 or so. It all depends how many of the major media outlets p/u on this and persue it and keep it front and center. time will tell but Id be amazed if DOT felt they own it
Old May 10, 2022, 1:00 pm

As it‘s unusual when passengers leave the seat to block the emergency exits to pray, it‘s ok to understand all passengers as a group who did that.

The question is, if all of the passengers who got denied from boarding acted unruly like we can see some of them doing on the pictures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.