FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Shocking Anti Semitic incident (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2078637-shocking-anti-semitic-incident.html)

friedablass May 9, 2022 4:16 pm

Sorry, I'm not about to give their contact information to an anonymous online stranger, user name notwithstanding, just so you can speak to the sources yourself and believe me. I'm fine, you don't have to believe me. I just want to know where you took the number 30-40 from and now I know it's from thin air.

You can start by reading the entire article linked in the first post. OMAAT has covered it as well and seems to concur: https://onemileatatime.com/news/luft...-against-jews/

Read any online article about this incident and show us where anyone is claiming there were 30-40 incriminating pax.

craz May 9, 2022 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman (Post 34235830)
friedablass hasn't supplies a single scant of evidence that is was only 1 or 2 (or 3) (0r4)....cuz they have none of course....the eye witness accounts that I've see and Heard personally say at least 30 up to 60 were not complying with masks. there were another 20 or so that wore masks some of the time but most of the time had them off. but there were NO WHERE near 1 or 2 or 3 as some have claimed. so if YOU have a source for that statement, please be SO KIND and provide it. or if YOU were on that flight, then please provide YOUR first hand account

lets assume you are correct LH says there were I think 135, and personally I dont know the # and would agree with you it was probably more then just 1 or 2. But plastic tie up 1 and everything would have quickly fallen into place

what eyewitness accounts have you seen please C&P them so you can shut up us deniers!

The main problem is alot of those who were flying come from a community of mask disbelievers and to an extent they are correct the blue surgical masks are really useless as the holes in them will allow the Covid thru, not the case with the 95s So word gets out that Country so and so has opened up to everyone and no tests of any kind is needed any loner. Many Carriers no longer require a mask of any kind. PROBLEM is LH isnt one of them!~ which is 1000% LHs right! and why I put alot of the blame on the TAs for not knowing LHs T&Cs and making sure each of their clients knew it as well when getting a tkt A STUPID move on their part to have used LH knowing how that community is so maskless

what it comes down to is how to handle things after the JFK flight, if the culprits werent tied up or names known maybe LH simply should have made sure each person signs they will wear the mask properly and if not the Police will be take them away in BUD and /or their return tkts will be CXed w/o a refund. what u dont do is say OK every ____ is banned

I just flew JFK-MIA last week R/T and although I didnt have to wear a mask once I left the term in JFK I did once I saw those who were sitting in my immediate area. Most cops arent bad apples some are and thats no reason to Defund all the Police Depts, it is a reason to try and weed them off the force ASAP So too here somewhere some LH employee sent in a report and built up the situation beyond what it was in my opin and those who had to decide what to do paniked and over reacted. Personally I have no idea if the are or arent an anti-semite but what they called for surely smells that they are

Kyle Friedman May 9, 2022 4:40 pm

craz I agree with you 10000000 percent. LH handled it wrong the end. but the fact is a TON of the jewish passnengers refused to wear masks and this in NO WAY was an antisemitic incident as the victims wish to portray it. that's just the truth. im sorry if it hurts peoples feelings. this isn't an argument about masks ( I hate them), but this isn't an argument about antisemitism in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.....a 150 member team of the NY GIANTS football team was traveling on a single LH plane and 30-40 of them were blatantly ignoring LH rules...LH decided to punish the whole group which is Within its rights..they CAN DO THAT..unfortunately it was Germany and the group wasn't the NY GIANTS it was JEWS.....ooopps....LH gonna eat it for this but it wasn't antisemitic and to argue it is in any way hurts jews in the long run

craz May 9, 2022 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 34235878)
If you don't count the link in the first post and OMAAT article as support that it was 1 or 2 passengers, then that's your loss. You can also use Google and read 10+ other articles stating the same.

I don't expect you to give me the personal contact information of anyone like you're asking me to do, nor am I demanding anything. I asked, as well as several other users did, for a source proving it was 30 - 40 pax. Instead of just providing it, you turned around to personally attack everyone. If the mods agree, I think these posts should be removed from this thread.

Your argument holds no water so I don't see any point in discussing this any further.

And if my name isn't friedablass then yours isn't Kyle Friedman, "shame"...

1 major problem most of the sites you mention are getting their info from 1 source, and you therefore have to assume that source is correct and truthful. thats alot different then having many stories with each story quoting different sources

Im not saying Dan isnt telling the truth but even he posted that his sources didnt want their names used or pics shown That does detract from things and Dan is mad that sites are using what he posted w/o mentioning his site (that way he can get tons of new followers = $$$) yet thats the last thing he did years ago when he started up he almost NEVER said where he was getting his info as he wanted everyone to think it was his original content and most everything was coming from right here FT , so hes not exactly an innocent bystander, whos looking for the truth and only the truth. But hes probably at this time the best source till hopefully the sic media looks into things and confirms what he posted or proves it to be false. My gut tells me his side will mostly remain in tact

chff May 9, 2022 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman (Post 34235920)
but the fact is a TON of the jewish passnengers refused to wear masks

Kindly proof the fact please

Kyle Friedman May 9, 2022 4:48 pm

probably correct craz but there's a small chance LH has a ton of video footage that only helps them look better. still not good because its IMPOSSIBLE to look good but better

Kyle Friedman May 9, 2022 4:55 pm

there's a reason ZERO international media have picked up on this story. its just not factually accurate enough for legitimate media to pick it up at this point...let me know when you can link me a us media outlet (cnn, fox, nbc, cbs). after all this is a US to Europe flight with US CITIZENS..you would think you would get a couple clips on us tv...hmmmm

friedablass May 9, 2022 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 34235938)
1 major problem most of the sites you mention are getting their info from 1 source, and you therefore have to assume that source is correct and truthful. thats alot different then having many stories with each story quoting different sources

Im not saying Dan isnt telling the truth but even he posted that his sources didnt want their names used or pics shown That does detract from things and Dan is mad that sites are using what he posted w/o mentioning his site (that way he can get tons of new followers = $$$) yet thats the last thing he did years ago when he started up he almost NEVER said where he was getting his info as he wanted everyone to think it was his original content and most everything was coming from right here FT , so hes not exactly an innocent bystander, whos looking for the truth and only the truth. But hes probably at this time the best source till hopefully the sic media looks into things and confirms what he posted or proves it to be false. My gut tells me his side will mostly remain in tact

I hear your rationale. You may very well be right but that's not what this is about.

You also agree (as per your last sentence) that most likely his (assuming you mean Dan's) account will remain intact. Therefore, the poster throwing out a number and stating as fact that 30-40 were violating or that "a TON" of them were, is defamation and just downright false and wrong.

craz May 9, 2022 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle Friedman (Post 34235920)
craz I agree with you 10000000 percent. LH handled it wrong the end. but the fact is a TON of the jewish passnengers refused to wear masks and this in NO WAY was an antisemitic incident as the victims wish to portray it. that's just the truth. im sorry if it hurts peoples feelings. this isn't an argument about masks ( I hate them), but this isn't an argument about antisemitism in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.....a 150 member team of the NY GIANTS football team was traveling on a single LH plane and 30-40 of them were blatantly ignoring LH rules...LH decided to punish the whole group which is Within its rights..they CAN DO THAT..unfortunately it was Germany and the group wasn't the NY GIANTS it was JEWS.....ooopps....LH gonna eat it for this but it wasn't antisemitic and to argue it is in any way hurts jews in the long run

well you may know more then I do, I have no idea if youre correct or not. I posted up thread what I ran into when I tried to pray in a Sen lounge and thats was 1000% AS. I also posted how a B^ FA had the capt call for the police to meet the flight @ JFK to arrest me in the end it was called off and the supervisor who met with me read me the FAs complaint and apologized to me after hearing my side as well as another FAs side. Thats the PROBLEM its called 'telephone" a crew member speaks to the capt who doesnt go back to assess the sit they assume the FA is 100% telling the truth, and even lets say the FA said the truth and the capt as well on the radio to FRA. How was it written up for the LH higher up to decide what to do if anything all you need is a couple or wrongly chosen words and bingo you end up with things as they were

that said Ive had my share of FAs who didnt like Jews what I didnt get was why did they chose to bid on the TLV flights! sort of if you dont like non-whites why are you bidding to destinations where whites arent the majority

unfortunately it was a perfect storm a German airline, going to Germany where we all know what took place 80 yrs ago Im not making excuses for those who didnt follow LHs policy if anything I have no problem if LH bans them from all of their Carriers. But the LH higher up should have realzied its not gonna look good doing this on German soil once again = Rounding up the Jews and keeping them held in a given area

i have no proof for the following but I firmly believe that the groups were on LH simply cause the TA was able to arrange a cheaper tkt and either save the passengers some money or pocket more for themselves. When they should have been on a carrier that didnt require masks to be worn at l;east over The Atlantic. I dont know if they were suppose to fly LH back but why as most people wont trust the level of the kosher food out of FRA nowadays, could be the TAs went ahead and made arrangements for meals that their clients would eat

craz May 9, 2022 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by chff (Post 34235942)
Kindly proof the fact please

thx for dropping by can you tell us if in fact you made sure each person you sold tkts to knew that LH demands every passenger be with a mask the whole flight? why didnt u do a private charter and that way fly non-stop to BUD or wherever? that way it could be maskless all the time and pray when and how you want

sorry I cant believe that you had no idea that your clients wouldnt follow LHs policy from the community they were coming from

chff May 9, 2022 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 34236000)
thx for dropping by can you tell us if in fact you made sure each person you sold tkts to knew that LH demands every passenger be with a mask the whole flight? why didnt u do a private charter and that way fly non-stop to BUD or wherever? that way it could be maskless all the time and pray when and how you want
sorry I cant believe that you had no idea that your clients wouldnt follow LHs policy from the community they were coming from

Every client was told about the mask mandate, and every person had a mask when they boarded, if if not a medical mask they were given one (otherwise you can't even board)
I interviewed many people on the flight, and besides the ones from Business/First (who none were part of ANY group) everyone was wearing a mask כהלכה

And there was a charter as well, thanks for asking :)

RRROOO May 9, 2022 5:15 pm

Well --shoot I can't find the person that said TA's were pocketing money on airline tickets. HA! Fat chance. AIrlines pay ZERO commission unless one is traveling in first/ business/comfort plus over the water..

Secondly: Most foreign flagged carriers still require masks. US based do not. When one checks in at the gate/or online there is verbiage that says' " I agree to the following". Gotta read it.

thbe May 9, 2022 5:24 pm

For sure it wasn‘t only for not-wearing mask reasons. Some of the FA got angry and overwhelmed, because they were faced with more than a hundred of passengers on a flight who didn‘t behave like expected and not following the rules. But instead of taking it as one bad flight out of ten some have taken it personally. I‘m also sure, that they had good reasons for that, but even then it‘s not professional to get too emotional.

But from my point of view it is anti-semitic to call that - wrong - behavior of the FA anti-semitic as it‘s not a necessary part of being Jewish to block emergency exits, aisles and showing other unruly behavior. In other words: Being a danger for the security of an airplane and of its passengers is not specifically Jewish. And if you block emergency exits and behave unruly in other ways, then it’s not religious reasons why you get problems.

Still no apologies for collective punishment. Everyone who left his seat to pray or who showed other kind of unruly behavior got the punishment for individual reasons. But the FA need to name every single of that passengers to deny him from boarding for his next flight.

I‘m quite sure that LH has to pay at least the EU261 fines for denied boarding to every passenger, where the LH can‘t prove individually any unruly behavior - very likely LH has to pay more than this.

craz May 9, 2022 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 34235977)
I hear your rationale. You may very well be right but that's not what this is about.

You also agree (as per your last sentence) that most likely his (assuming you mean Dan's) account will remain intact. Therefore, the poster throwing out a number and stating as fact that 30-40 were violating or that "a TON" of them were, is defamation and just downright false and wrong.

personally Im not sure who has the correct #s and Im hoping the Intl media looks into this and comes back with what they found out

If you have kids and walk into a room where you find them fighting each one will say the other started it, if 1 of them has their friend/s there most likely they will go along with that child of yours, w/o an objected witness and no tape its hard to pin down who started it this time. When people are banned from flying to BUD they arent objected, not saying they arent telling the truth but they do have a stake in it. If they were sitting in the front how do they know went down in the back? I assume they were telling the truth until they say lawsuit. sort of how when a checked bag gets lost all of a sudden they had $6k worth of items in it. I never flew anywhere near that amount and if I was to Id buy extra ins but wait to do that youd have to prove whats in the bag before handing it over = Game Over.

but go back and look at the pics and youd see in some of them where the mask is under the nose! when its suppose to be covering the nose and Unfortunately I see many of our community wearing it on their chins! not even the mouth is covered WTH are they thinking! If thats how they want to go fine but dont wear the clothes that you do which is like a walking neon sign, not saying they should wear their masks wrongly but at least if you are dont call attention to the community you are coming from by dressing how you do. And if you will only dress that way then wear the mask properly or dont Fly or use airports that require it PERIOD

Kyle Friedman May 9, 2022 5:32 pm

apparently they don't. so far they were able to deny a huge group boarding and have faced zero punishment..you may WISH this wasn't so but so far its so :(