Search

Munich First Class Lounge - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 11:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Munich First Class Lounge - worth it?

Hi,

I am about to book a First Class award ticket NCE-MUC-JFK in LH F, and trying to figure out on a 2 vs 4 hours layover. Is the lounge worth it? Also, do they have any cigar in the cigar lounge anymore or is it BYOC?

One more - how many bags can I check in in LH F?

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2022, 1:43 pm

It's a very nice lounge with good catering and staff. Whether it's "worth it" is a personal call. It's nothing mind-blowing, if there is such a thing in the lounge context.

There are no cigars offered in the smoking room, but I would query whether you really want to stink yourself and your clothes up with cigar smoke before getting on a 8-9 hour flight.

3 bags.
Old May 4, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
4 hours, because with 2 assuming that’s your landing & departure times, with 2 hours you would have very little time in the lounge & it’s one of the best F lounges in the World, better still if they open the Satellite lounge.
Enjoy the Pommery Vintage Champagne & take a FCL Duck 🦆

3 x 32 kilos bags in EU.
andywaw likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Second the four-hour connection, especially if the satellite lounge has been reopened.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you everyone!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC1

There are no cigars offered in the smoking room.
There used to a good assortment of free cigars on the multiple occasions I've been there previously...

But if I have to go to duty free and buy a Cohiba and bring it back to enjoy w a King Alexander or XO cognac...that works too!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by nologic
There used to a good assortment of free cigars on the multiple occasions I've been there previously...

But if I have to go to duty free and buy a Cohiba and bring it back to enjoy w a King Alexander or XO cognac...that works too!
When was the last time you were there? because from what I understand it wasn't a COVID related cut but that it happened before COVID.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by theboss7593
When was the last time you were there? because from what I understand it wasn't a COVID related cut but that it happened before COVID.
Free Cigars were removed years back from FCT, FCL at FRA, the supplier provided them free to LH as a promotion, i don’t recall ever seeing them in MUC FCL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.