FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   It's Lufthansa Time Again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2076686-its-lufthansa-time-again.html)

ahmetdouas Apr 22, 2022 3:37 am

It's Lufthansa Time Again

Hi guys,

BA has messed me up to the point where I am actually flying Lufthansa.
Short story, booked to fly at 20:40 ATH-LHR on Monday, that got cancelled. Then they put me on the 19:10, and I got a notification saying it's been delayed for 7 hours!? So I called them and said no I can't do that I have biz in London on Tuesday morning so don't have time for games so they put me on ATH-MUC-LHR.

Now I haven't flown Lufthansa for like over a year, mainly due to the very strict mask things, I usually did Swiss instead who are more chilled.

So my question is, what's the latest on Lufthansa these days? I am flying Economy. Is there food and drink? Can I buy food and drink on board?
What's the latest with the masks? It's getting insane, some airlines no masks at all, some airlines only medical!
Also in BER you don't need to wear masks anymore, but what about MUC?

I don't even have a medical mask as I never need one, so if i wear a cloth mask will they not even let me get on the plane?

Thanks for letting me know.

kai.lileboo Apr 22, 2022 6:50 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 34186590)
Hi guys,

BA has messed me up to the point where I am actually flying Lufthansa.
Short story, booked to fly at 20:40 ATH-LHR on Monday, that got cancelled. Then they put me on the 19:10, and I got a notification saying it's been delayed for 7 hours!? So I called them and said no I can't do that I have biz in London on Tuesday morning so don't have time for games so they put me on ATH-MUC-LHR.

Now I haven't flown Lufthansa for like over a year, mainly due to the very strict mask things, I usually did Swiss instead who are more chilled.

So my question is, what's the latest on Lufthansa these days? I am flying Economy. Is there food and drink? Can I buy food and drink on board?
What's the latest withw.

Nothing at all in Economy, only a small bottle of water and tiny 10g chocolate, and not even on all flights.
Masks are still mandatory. Each Lànder has different rules, you have to adapt if transiting through different airports.
Have ready FPP2 mask just in case!

Flip42 Apr 22, 2022 11:21 am

You can buy food and drinks on board. Here‘s the menu: https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...08_Singles.pdf

You don‘t have to wear a mask at the airport, just on board of public transportation. On board trains (including the shuttle train between T2 and the satellite terminal) a FFP2 mask is mandatory, although I‘ve seen plenty of folks with just a surgical mask in the shuttle at MUC. Same goes for busses, including in case of bus boarding. On board a LH plane you need a FFP2 or surgical mask.

puchong Apr 22, 2022 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Flip42 (Post 34187663)
You can buy food and drinks on board. Here‘s the menu: https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...08_Singles.pdf

You don‘t have to wear a mask at the airport, just on board of public transportation. On board trains (including the shuttle train between T2 and the satellite terminal) a FFP2 mask is mandatory, although I‘ve seen plenty of folks with just a surgical mask in the shuttle at MUC. Same goes for busses, including in case of bus boarding. On board a LH plane you need a FFP2 or surgical mask.

Just compare this with TK flights in Economy - why would anyone fly Lufthansa (or Bloody Awful, for that matter) if they had a cgoice?

chris63 Apr 22, 2022 11:53 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 34187750)
Just compare this with TK flights in Economy - why would anyone fly Lufthansa (or Bloody Awful, for that matter) if they had a cgoice?

Yes, seems like the OP is desperate Dan …..

TomMM Apr 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 34186590)

Recently flew FRA-CDG and an announcement was made shortly after takeoff that there would be no food/drink service as the catering company had some type of problem. Although in business we got served a meal.

59Impala Apr 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 34187750)

well I simply would never fly TK for 1 sole reason. I cannot mention here on FT as this would be against the rules.

ahmetdouas Apr 22, 2022 2:40 pm

It’s ok I rebooked BA in the end the flight got
’undelayed’.

I like Lufthansa normally but BA not making me wear a mask really tips the scales in BA’s favour. regarding food I’ll just have a Burger King before the plane and order some diet cokes on board.

IAN-UK Apr 24, 2022 2:54 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 34188142)
well I simply would never fly TK for 1 sole reason. I cannot mention here on FT as this would be against the rules.

Your coyness is intriguing….

If you can cite the rule that's holding you back, maybe we can infer why you're reluctant to fly Turkish.

hugolover Apr 24, 2022 7:51 am

TK crashes a bit too often for my liking
Bit like AF... they have huge issues with their flight deck culture, I know many people who avoid AF for this reason. Even in the past year there's been a number of incidents with GPWS alerts
Lufthansa last fatal pax crash was Warsaw, 1993, 2 dead, pilot error

Basia hasn't killed any pax since Glorious Communism, 1988.

andywaw Apr 24, 2022 8:09 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 34191816)
Basia hasn't killed any pax since Glorious Communism, 1988.

To be precise, LOT last crash was IŁ-62M on May 9, 1987.

hugolover Apr 24, 2022 8:13 am

Originally Posted by andywaw (Post 34191849)
To be precise, LOT last crash was IŁ-62M on May 9, 1987.

Incorrect.

On 2 November 1988, LOT Flight 703 had to execute an emergency landing on a field near Rzeszów following an engine failure, killing one passenger. The other 24 passengers and four crew on board the An-24 (registered SP-LTD) survived, though most of them received serious injuries.

andywaw Apr 24, 2022 8:19 am

I stand corrected. Yes I forgot about that flight, it crashed near Łańcut, one woman died. Tomasz Beksiński was on board of that flight, and he never flew again.

59Impala Apr 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 34191420)
Your coyness is intriguing….

If you can cite the rule that's holding you back, maybe we can infer why you're reluctant to fly Turkish.

rule 12.2, 2nd paragraph would apply.

IAN-UK Apr 24, 2022 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 34188142)

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 34192711)
rule 12.2, 2nd paragraph would apply.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).
OK. Probably just as well you didn't expand on your prejuduce.