Wiki Posts
Search

No Way to Email an Itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
No Way to Email an Itinerary?

Am I going crazy or is there no way to e-mail an itinerary on Lufthansa's website (or from the app, where I see the same options):

FWIW, this booking was made via TripActions (our corporate travel portal).
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Can't you use "Print your itinerary" and create a PDF out of it (via "Print to PDF") ?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Can't you use "Print your itinerary" and create a PDF out of it (via "Print to PDF") ?
Yes I can, but I want the e-mail so Gmail can automatically add the flights to my Google Calendar. Seems very odd that this super basic functionality is missing...
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Yes I can, but I want the e-mail so Gmail can automatically add the flights to my Google Calendar. Seems very odd that this super basic functionality is missing...
5* IT...
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think that you can do it on the SWISS website if you put in PNR code and name there. I did it a couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think that you can do it on the SWISS website if you put in PNR code and name there. I did it a couple of weeks ago.
You can also do it on the SWISS App via Upcoming Flights / Flight Details / kebab menu (three dots top right) / Add to Calendar
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new LH group (OS/SN/LX) app (which is replacing the LH app next year) already has that functionality. And a number of new features, like having M&M award bookings in the same environment.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I already tried pulling up the same PNR on both the LX and OS websites and have the same issue. I know past bookings on all the airlines / websites did have a share itinerary option so this seems to be PNR-specific. I suspect it has to do with the fact that the booking was made via TripActions, but what a weird limitation.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can also do it on the SWISS App via Upcoming Flights / Flight Details / kebab menu (three dots top right) / Add to Calendar
Yeah, but this would only add it to my iOS calendar, which is not the primary calendar tool that I use.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I also find it bewildering than the LH website and app offer no option to email an itinerary or e-ticket confirmation. I purchased two tickets from LH last month — for one of the tickets, I received an emailed e-ticket promptly; for the other, I didn’t get an emailed ticket even though I used the same email address when purchasing the ticket. As a consequence, I had to enter all the data for my second ticket into TripIt manually. I can call LH to get them to email the e-ticket to me, but it would be so much easier and expeditious if I could just request it myself on the website or app.

I don’t know of any other major airline that doesn’t offer the functionality of being able to request an emailed itinerary confirmation and/or e-ticket online.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I also find it bewildering than the LH website and app offer no option to email an itinerary or e-ticket confirmation. I purchased two tickets from LH last month — for one of the tickets, I received an emailed e-ticket promptly; for the other, I didn’t get an emailed ticket even though I used the same email address when purchasing the ticket. As a consequence, I had to enter all the data for my second ticket into TripIt manually. I can call LH to get them to email the e-ticket to me, but it would be so much easier and expeditious if I could just request it myself on the website or app.

I don’t know of any other major airline that doesn’t offer the functionality of being able to request an emailed itinerary confirmation and/or e-ticket online.
As a AC regular (who has no shortage of complaints for AC's IT incompetence), it's somewhat comforting to know that others have their struggles, too...
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer

It’s crazy!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:46 am

Unfortunately, I already tried pulling up the same PNR on both the LX and OS websites and have the same issue. I know past bookings on all the airlines / websites did have a share itinerary option so this seems to be PNR-specific. I suspect it has to do with the fact that the booking was made via TripActions, but what a weird limitation.

Yeah, but this would only add it to my iOS calendar, which is not the primary calendar tool that I use.
If you add your Gmail calendar as one of calendars on your IPhone then you should be able to populate the Gmail calendar with the info.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC1
If you add your Gmail calendar as one of calendars on your IPhone then you should be able to populate the Gmail calendar with the info.
Appreciate all the workaround suggestions. I've since gotten the events into my calendar.

But I still find it mind-boggling that such a basic functionality is not available on LH / LH / OS's websites.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I find that frankly weird. I managed to get a proper ticket receipt and itinerary, with all the essential stuff such as PNR, ticket number, baggage allowance, fare base and booking subclass, sent to my email. That was using the SWISS desktop website, but in German language, if that's any help.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

I find that frankly weird. I managed to get a proper ticket receipt and itinerary, with all the essential stuff such as PNR, ticket number, baggage allowance, fare base and booking subclass, sent to my email. That was using the SWISS desktop website, but in German language, if that's any help.
What are you clicking to do that?

Here's what I see in English and German.

The "Request your receipt" / "Ticketbelege anfragen" link can generate an e-mail with a nicely detailed PDF itinerary / receipt, but it does not have enough content in the e-mail body itself for Google to recognize as a trip itinerary and thereby automatically turn into the calendar event, which is what I'm looking for (and happens with the e-mail itineraries of virtually every other airline I've flown in the past few years).

Or are you referring to something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.