Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
Face masks on LOT flights: suggested, but not required

As of today, face masks on LOT flights are suggested, but not required
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Originally Posted by andywaw
Saw that on their Twitter. I'm just wondering how this is going to work when flying to countries that explicitly require facemasks to be worn during the flight (e.g. US).
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw

Rather poor wording, I am sure there are routes were masks are still mandated for the time being (such as the US).

I think it should follow the principles of aviation law, where as soon as doors are closed (I think, please correct me...) the law of the state of registration applies?

I struggle to see the legal basis that pax flying FROM Italy to Poland on an SP reg, need to wear a mask
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover

Rather poor wording, I am sure there are routes were masks are still mandated for the time being (such as the US).

I think it should follow the principles of aviation law, where as soon as doors are closed (I think, please correct me...) the law of the state of registration applies?

I struggle to see the legal basis that pax flying FROM Italy to Poland on an SP reg, need to wear a mask
The legal basis is "if you don't agree to do this thing during the whole flight flying from, to, or over this country, then you are not allowed to fly from, to, or over this country". The US has been doing this about smoking for a while now I believe.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by JD3313
Saw that on their Twitter. I'm just wondering how this is going to work when flying to countries that explicitly require facemasks to be worn during the flight (e.g. US).
BA introduced this a week or so ago, then immediately reversed the decision.

According to the thread on that forum BA has subseqently published list of countries where facemasks are required, but I think its fair to say there is much confusion.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 28, 2022 at 9:27 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

Based o this (in Polish, use Chrome to translate) you are correct: no masks if unless destination country requires them:

https://www.fly4free.pl/lot-znosi-ob...m_medium=daily

Yesterday in WAW you could occasionally see people wearing masks in public transportation. But I would think 99% of folks traveled without masks.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
no mask required for pax on FRA-WAW today.
Crew was wearing surgical though.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT's rules are actually the most understandable of all the carriers. I found that on routes TO where masks ARE required, there is no requirement to wear them onboard- why should there be? It's a SP aircraft, the laws of Poland apply while the doors are closed. While on descent at a mask destination, crew inform pax to wear a mask once they step off and the crew mask up in anticipation of arrival.

I heard some stuff from US flights, no masks FROM the US, which confused me given the CDC guidance so probably best to let it bed in... maybe when POTUS is at your beckon call, LOT feels it rather unlikely the DOT would ban them

Wow @st8dm you read my mind on this topic
andywaw likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

It’s easy…masks are mandatory on planes arriving or departing country X and the airline shall enforce the same or not be permitted to land in country X. I believe this is how USA and CANADA work at the moment. BA had to backtrack on masks for this reason.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
It’s easy…masks are mandatory on planes arriving or departing country X and the airline shall enforce the same or not be permitted to land in country X. I believe this is how USA and CANADA work at the moment. BA had to backtrack on masks for this reason.
Nah. It's not how its working on LOT. Check the Kafeteria post.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Nah. It's not how its working on LOT. Check the Kafeteria post.
Hopefully someone complains to Transport Canada to ensure compliance, Happily no travel on LOT planned.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Hopefully someone complains to Transport Canada to ensure compliance, Happily no travel on LOT planned.
Perhaps you could be this someone? To ensure Canadians are safe.
andywaw, view and JD3313 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Just boarded LO26, WAW-JFK flight.
The flight attendant said masks are not required on board, even if it is a direct flight to the USA.
the810, hugolover, JD3313 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Makes sense. It's a Polish aircraft, why should US law apply while onboard. It's pretty easy to put a mask on before leaving the aircraft.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:56 am
Original Poster

May I add, flight attendants weren't wearing masks throughout the entire flight either
hugolover, the810 and gojko88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.