Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on Singapore - Lufthansa ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Seat selection on Singapore - Lufthansa ticket

Hi all. Newbie to the Lufthansa forum here so go easy!

I’m flying long haul business class with Lufthansa and one leg of my itinerary is with Singapore Airlines. How do I do seat selection on the Singapore leg?!

many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:57 am

jump on Singapore airlines website and use your booking code to access your flight. details
and pick your seat. You can also choose book the cook etc
BerksFlyer likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Hi All, I'm looking at booking first class flights (Honeymoon) with Lufthansa from London to Sydney. We are travelling as a couple and I see part of the flight is on SA A380 suites. However, when I go through to book the flights it doesn't allow me to reserve our seats on the SA leg of the flight. Is it the case that I should be able to use my Lufthansa reference on the SA website and reserve my seats there? Also, even though we've booked through Lufthansa can we still use SA book the cook service on the SA legs...thanks for any extra information you can provide, will be our first time flying up front!
Old May 23, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by HM_flights
Hi All, I'm looking at booking first class flights (Honeymoon) with Lufthansa from London to Sydney. We are travelling as a couple and I see part of the flight is on SA A380 suites. However, when I go through to book the flights it doesn't allow me to reserve our seats on the SA leg of the flight. Is it the case that I should be able to use my Lufthansa reference on the SA website and reserve my seats there? Also, even though we've booked through Lufthansa can we still use SA book the cook service on the SA legs...thanks for any extra information you can provide, will be our first time flying up front!
I've flown on LH booking: FRA-SIN on LH and SIN-AKL with SQ. I simply called the local SQ office and booked the seats on SQ flight without any issues. And yes, you can book the cook service as well.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Opposite issue here - I have a SQ booking on a SQ codeshare operated by LH. Any easy way to find out the LH confirmation number without calling SQ? The SQ number does not work on the LH website.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Opposite issue here - I have a SQ booking on a SQ codeshare operated by LH. Any easy way to find out the LH confirmation number without calling SQ? The SQ number does not work on the LH website.
tried the SQ booking code on SQ website? as per my experience, the seat selection can work on SQ website though its codeshare flight.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
tried the SQ booking code on SQ website? as per my experience, the seat selection can work on SQ website though its codeshare flight.
Well, obviously I have been on the SQ website to manage my booking! Seat assignments are not available on the LH-operated domestic legs. However, it looks like it did accept my Window/Aisle preference and pre-assigned me according to that, after the fact, and I guess I'm fine with the selections.

But next question - will I be able to do OLCI with LH on my return when they're operating my first segment? Or will I still need to call SQ to get the LH record locator (or I guess I can get it on my outbound)? Is there a 3rd party airline/GDS site that will show this, like VirtuallyThere for SABRE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.