Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Status Miles promo(s): 2x in H1/22; 2000/longhaul segment in Q2; 2021 Compensaid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Miles promo(s): 2x in H1/22; 2000/longhaul segment in Q2; 2021 Compensaid

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: LH SEN
The proposed new scheme had winners (e.g those flying on P fares) and losers (e.g. those flying on G or E fares).

I'm sure there will also be folks whose consistent travel means the yearly renewal is no big deal and some whose bursty travel patterns worked better with the two year cycle.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by andywaw
.....the whole requalification system, which is clear enough as it is.
I don’t agree... I find constant checking in the mileage calculator (which may or may not be working or up to date), and the huge differences between fare classes, totally unclear.

And with yearly qualification... If qualifying every year is easier and clearer than a system which is hard and unclear every two years, then that’s fine by me.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
If only it were possible to have a simple and clear system in place with a 2 year qualification period...
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by pdeut
If only it were possible to have a simple and clear system in place with a 2 year qualification period...
Well there was a lot of negative feedback about the two-year cycle being scrapped, so maybe they will act on that. Personally I don’t mind much either way. But I really wish they would hurry up and introduce a points-based system with less complexity than the current one. Maybe this Autumn they will announce something for 2024, but I’m not holding my breath and, as the current system suits me so much less than what they presented in 2019, I may switch...
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:27 am

LH should folow USA based airlines where you just need to spend with them. This is the most obvious and easy way to reach status.

I am personally a great fan of that approach as this allowed me to earn United and American Airlines status this year.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
I don’t agree... I find constant checking in the mileage calculator (which may or may not be working or up to date), and the huge differences between fare classes, totally unclear.
I disagree, and I never check the mileage calculator - I find the calculator way more complicated than anything else LH came up with. Congratulations if you make it work effectively. I can do the calculations myself and it's not rocket science.
Flip42 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by andywaw
Agree, but the rules for Lifetime SEN can be modified without changing the whole requalification system, which is clear enough as it is.
I guess you are right but my case, and probably for many of us here, it is very frustrating that with over 20 yrs as Sen we have not reached LT Senhood while in other FFP, 10 yrs would have been sufficient.

Pd according to the star points system I have been Sen for just over 23 years but I know well that it has been more than 24 years and also a few as FTL. LH IT
jochen_vdk likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I have asked the HON service and they said they 2k per longhaul segment will be credited end June in summary for the whole period.
Twice 2000 miles were posted a few days ago.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:18 am

I just did 8 LH flights this year. With my trips I could think about HON this year but lack of bonus for Q3 makes it unlikley. I would just chase United 1K.

Old May 31, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Hi all,

I haven't flown LH in +10 years and suddenly work booked me in a series of intercontinental flights via FRA next week. Is this promo still going on? Are there any caps/restrictions? I hold no M&M status but just calculated the status miles earnings of my flights and thanks to the promo by the end of the journey I would be a short EU hop away from SEN. Too good to be true?

Thanks, and sorry for the silly question - I have an essentially dormant M&M account which I only used last year to credit 100 miles of a short SAS flight.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Marambio
Hi all,

I haven't flown LH in +10 years and suddenly work booked me in a series of intercontinental flights via FRA next week. Is this promo still going on? Are there any caps/restrictions? I hold no M&M status but just calculated the status miles earnings of my flights and thanks to the promo by the end of the journey I would be a short EU hop away from SEN. Too good to be true?

Thanks, and sorry for the silly question - I have an essentially dormant M&M account which I only used last year to credit 100 miles of a short SAS flight.
Hi Marambio,

this promo is valid until the end of June.

No restrictions AFAIK.

When you reach FTL(35k status miles) you will have an additional 25% bonus miles that also will be double with the current promo.

Happy landings!
Marambio likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
I am not so convinced that the sample here at FT is representative. I agree that for self-funders/independents the promo has been very helpful as this group of travellers has kept flying, but most of the corporate travellers I know are still under all kinds of travel restrictions and have had their travel budgets cut significantly. Another sample of one, but I am going to miss my renewal as I am definitely not going out of my way to fly LHG - the ex-CH fares are not competitive at all and the C product is outdated as we all know.

That said, LH will also track corporate bookings and if they are happy to let these travellers (a previously very captive group) go, then I don't see the promo extended after all.
Working for one of the big six global SI/Consulting firms, travel is still heavily restricted. We're allowed to travel within region (UK/I) without approval, but travel within Europe and long-haul still requires a number of steps. Lower yield leisure travel is absolutely back, but I'm not convinced the corporate market is. Especially as my client has nowhere near the travel budget that they did pre-COVID.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
will be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope they also have something for those on the top end of their list. Continuing over 600k for a 100 dollar voucher remains a real joke.
Continuing beyond 600 k , HON qualification was never incentivised, just a thanks after that, their thinking is you get all the HON benefits anyway even if your in whY
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
hi oliver2002 , i noted that my recently trip in June with LH and LH partners brought me x2 status miles, is this promo for the whole 2022 or just for a short period for instance during June ? thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
hi oliver2002 , i noted that my recently trip in June with LH and LH partners brought me x2 status miles, is this promo for the whole 2022 or just for a short period for instance during June ? thanks.
The 2x ended yesterday, June 30.

Second half of 2022 is 1.5x

H2/2022 Status Miles Promotion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.