Search

HON Circle service failure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Guys, give LH a break. Airlines are facing monumental challenges these days. I sympathize with them. When they cut down services for cost reasons it is not for profit generation but for staying afloat.
I think LH had lots of breaks, beginning with the German Taxpayer, sure they needed to look at costs & they certainly excelled in that department, they cut most HON benefits….. the one thing I was repeatedly assured was that they were there for me still during irrops ​​​​, when push came to shove, they were not !

Very many businesses have been severely affected by this Global Pandemic, the way out is not to dump the cost / consequences on your customers IMO
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Unfortunately had this summer similar situation.
First agent forgot to push ticketing to issue new ticket and at end whole resrvation was cancelled. Took almost hoir during night on phone to get ot almost fixed, but … J class for HON never cleared and plane left with 3 empty seats in C.
Arrived to home 1 day later.
I had very similar experiences several times this year.
If you cant talk to Berlin, you are totally lost in most cases. In many many cases, they are not even answering the phone like "HON Circle service, my name is xy", but "Lufthansa, hello." no name etc.. I started hanging up every time they dont answer the phone with their names and HON Circle service, because you simply can not tell the next agent whom you have spoken to.
And I had many cases where it took more than 60 minutes to get an agent on the line at all.
What makes it really difficult is the fact that even the most simple things can not be done online, e.g. rebooking after cancellations in many cases,....

If they want customers to fly on expensive tickets, they need to provide at least some kind of good service 24/7, with a supervisor and ticketing staff present at all times... Especially at smaller stations it is really tricky to find a solution, if it can not be done on the phone. It happend to me several times this year that the agents at checkin did not even know what HON Circle means (I would not even think of doing a rebooking etc. with such an agent....). It was very funny being asked to wait and have the "real customers" being checked in first, because members of LH staff (thats what they believed the hon card means) should not stand in the priority checkin... happened to me in haj and one more station (cant remember which).
Would be great to know if we would then be allowed to shop at Ringeltaube with our hon card at least

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.