Covid19: vaccination/test requirements for WAW

Old Jan 19, 22, 10:35 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: BER
Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Posts: 741
Paging the thread experts. Checking on IATA, Poland requires a negative test issued max 24 hours before entering Poland from a non-EU country, but while completing the PLF, it says the test should be performed 48 hours before entering Poland. Is this 48 hours rule only for intra-EU travel or just a mistake?
Deckter is online now  
Old Jan 20, 22, 3:25 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WAW ✈ LHR ✈ GLA
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,457
Originally Posted by Deckter
Paging the thread experts. Checking on IATA, Poland requires a negative test issued max 24 hours before entering Poland from a non-EU country, but while completing the PLF, it says the test should be performed 48 hours before entering Poland. Is this 48 hours rule only for intra-EU travel or just a mistake?
It's 24h before entering the country or up to 3h after. Few airports (WAW, KRK) have a mobile testing unit before immigration and test costs 150 PLN. You can also clear immigration and test afterwards - at WAW there's a testing point at the luggage haul before customs, there's also another one next to the train station. Everyone has to quarantine for 10 days; you're exempt if your test is negative and you're fully vaccinated.

I suspect PLF has not been updated.
Deckter likes this.
megaloman is offline  
Old Jan 21, 22, 11:33 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Posts: 281
It's not clear what is happening for those who

a) connect from Schengen to Non-Schengen and vice-versa
you "cross the border" but not to Poland...
your are only transiting

b) have booster (3x doses)
many authorities require either a test or the booster
st8dm is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 12:23 am
  #49  
TPJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 7,612
Originally Posted by st8dm
It's not clear what is happening for those who

a) connect from Schengen to Non-Schengen and vice-versa
you "cross the border" but not to Poland...
your are only transiting

b) have booster (3x doses)
many authorities require either a test or the booster
A. No test if you have a connecting international flight departing within 24 hours. Show your itinerary to the Immigration officer to get an exception. No itinerary = bad luck = test needed.

B. Booster is not mandatory.
TPJ is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 2:45 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ARN
Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Posts: 792
Originally Posted by st8dm
It's not clear what is happening for those who

a) connect from Schengen to Non-Schengen and vice-versa
you "cross the border" but not to Poland...
your are only transiting

b) have booster (3x doses)
many authorities require either a test or the booster
Experienced this nightmare in WAW two weeks ago.

Schengen to Non-Schengen = no tests required as long as you are transiting onwards.

Non-Schengen to Schengen = test required even if transiting within 24 hours and never entering Poland. Border agents consider entering Schengen as entering Poland and everyone was sent to get tested in the transit zone.

Needless to say, many passengers missed their connecting flights because the process was so slow. I barely made it with seconds to spare while waiting in line for 2,5 hours to sign up and pay for the test, then 30 mins for the test to be done and certificate issued.

The border agents claim that even for transit, they interpret that as entering Poland. Even with boarding pass for onwards flight out of Poland in hand, they didnt care. We need to see negative test.

The whole process made no sense as we were all discussing in line how if someone now tests positive, then they cannot return back to point of origin, nor connect onwards. So now they are stuck in Poland. Just as it happens, someone tests positive and panic sets in for everyone and that passenger is quickly escorted away by medical and airport staff.

Supposedly one can do the test past passport control but the border guards wanted none of that. Negative tests or nothing. Overall, a very unpleasant experience for everyone.
iamaho is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 3:04 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WAW ✈ LHR ✈ GLA
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,457
Originally Posted by iamaho
Non-Schengen to Schengen = test required even if transiting within 24 hours and never entering Poland. Border agents consider entering Schengen as entering Poland and everyone was sent to get tested in the transit zone.
That's my understanding reading the order in Polish - it talks about entering the Schengen border in Poland - so if transiting NS to S - test is required. Annoyingly test has to be done within 24h of arrivals to Poland, so in many cases test on arrival might be the only option.

Transiting NS to NS - nothing is requires since you won't cross the Schengen border - just make sure you follow the sign to NS transit - when landing at some gates it may be confusing and it may seem like going through immigration is the only option - backtrack and go to wards other end of the terminal, where (usually empty) transit security for Non Schengen connections is.
megaloman is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 7:21 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: BER
Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Posts: 741
Originally Posted by megaloman
It's 24h before entering the country or up to 3h after. Few airports (WAW, KRK) have a mobile testing unit before immigration and test costs 150 PLN. You can also clear immigration and test afterwards - at WAW there's a testing point at the luggage haul before customs, there's also another one next to the train station. Everyone has to quarantine for 10 days; you're exempt if your test is negative and you're fully vaccinated.

I suspect PLF has not been updated.
Thank for your help. Managed to get an antigen test at my point of origin, as it was way cheaper than in the airport. The border officer glanced at the test result for 2 seconds before waiving us through to the egates, everyone else without one sent straight to the test center.

The actual date and time on the test were of no interest to him, just if it says negative.
megaloman likes this.
Deckter is online now  
Old Mar 3, 22, 8:45 am
  #53  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 45,846
New rules:

Dear partners! Despite the current situation, we are sending you new requirements for passengers. Most important -> Before crossing the borders of the Republic of Poland, it is necessary to fill in the Passenger Registration electronic form - https://www.gov.pl/web/gov/fill-in-t...r-locator-form This form must be presented before check-in at the airport for every passenger traveling to Poland. A passenger without an ePLF will be denied check-in/boarding. Only ELECTRONIC Passenger Registration Forms (ePLF) are accepted. Exceptions that do not require EPLFS before crossing the borders of the Republic of Poland: 1) Employees of the Police, Border Guard Service and State Security Services performing official activities and persons in respect of whom this activity is carried out. The mandatory ePLF requirement only applies when crossing the border. This means that for transit flights, Non-Schengen-WAW-Non-Schengen, filling out this form is not required. best regards, LOT Sales Department
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Mar 4, 22, 9:26 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: between MUC and NUE
Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Posts: 402
How are transits Schengen to/from non Schengen EU countries handled? If flying MUC-WAW-OTP-WAW-MUC do I need a test?
Flip42 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 12:17 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC,BCN
Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Posts: 443
BEG-VIE-KRK on OS

Will be flying BEG-VIE-KRK on OS with a EU passport. Will this still be considered as entering Poland from outside the EU and will a Covid test be required?
acf1270 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:15 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: WAW
Programs: LH SEN *
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by Flip42
How are transits Schengen to/from non Schengen EU countries handled? If flying MUC-WAW-OTP-WAW-MUC do I need a test?
You need a test when arriving at WAW on OTP-WAW flight in this itinerary
andywaw is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:16 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: WAW
Programs: LH SEN *
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by acf1270
Will be flying BEG-VIE-KRK on OS with a EU passport. Will this still be considered as entering Poland from outside the EU and will a Covid test be required?
No test required because you are entering Poland from VIE
andywaw is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:37 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: WAW
Programs: LH SEN *
Posts: 859
I hope they stop requiring these silly tests upon arrival from outside Schengen or outside EU.
Firstly, these tests don't prevent anything, Covid is still here, there, everywhere. Secondly, over a million refugees from outside EU entered Poland (from a country with a high number of Covid cases) without any test required, so why are there others required to present test results upon arrival from other countries? Because a Covid virus brought from country X is more dangerous than a Covid virus brought from country Y?

It would be logical either to end this requirement for everyone, or at least do the tests for free at WAW if the tests must still be required. It seems like the only purpose those tests serve is making money, PLN 150 for a passenger.
andywaw is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 7:06 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Posts: 4,964
Originally Posted by andywaw
No test required because you are entering Poland from VIE
Thanks andywaw,

Flying BCN-AMS-WAW in a few days, it would be the same, correct?
more4less is offline  
Old Mar 13, 22, 7:10 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: WAW
Programs: LH SEN *
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by more4less
Flying BCN-AMS-WAW in a few days, it would be the same, correct?
Correct.
more4less likes this.
andywaw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread