Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group Summer 2022 Schedule Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by callie-girl
Back to traveling for the first time in years.
Got an email rather late last night that the late April BER-MUC-CLT has been cancelled and they want to change me to the following day. Actually, I'd rather change it to earlier in the week, if that's possible.

Call centers both in Germany and in the USA are overworked at the moment. So maybe best to wait a few days to sort this out?
Or - serious question - better to cancel/rebook my desired times?

Ah, well. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with any flight changes. I should be grateful for that.
My experience: Got a email about a change from F to C. Called last night. English speaking agent. Pretty clueless. Spend about one hour on the phone, she had to contact her heldesk several times. During that time I got new tickets myself, waited for the confirmation, cancelled the old tickets and finally hung up when still on hold.

If you can find space on your desiired date I would book new and cancel after my experience with the call center.
callie-girl likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SN have cleaned up today

I’m pretty happy how this turned out. Easily over the threshold for next year now plus a load left to fly from last year.

Has anyone had any bookings as far as Sep/Oct to know if they cleaned up all of S22?

It was much earlier this year.

For those who only read FT, check out Vielfliegertreff if you want to game the system. That’s where this info comes from.

Last edited by hugolover; Dec 16, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The second LAX-FRA (450/451) was added at 3x weekly on a 343, but sometime today they zeroed out all J inventory, but kept PE and Y open for sale. Any clue what's going on here?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
With thanks to Unterwegs for advice --
After discussions surrounding all the adjustments, final decision was to accept their offered change.

Hoping that's the last change needed for this particular trip.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EU decided that 2/3 of schedule is enough to hold slots:
EU Decides to Extend Slot Waiver for Summer 2022

More flexibility for take-off and landing rights in 2022

The EU Commission continues to give airlines more flexibility in takeoff and landing rights in the 2022 summer flight schedule. This means that Airlines will have to use 64% of their slots in order not to lose them. In the current winter schedule, the slot waiver stands at 50%. Before the COVID pandemic, airlines had to use 80% of their slots.

The aviation sector is still far from recovered. The development of new virus variants and the resulting travel restrictions means that the situation remains volatile, so these exceptional rulings remain necessary. Without these crisis-related flexibilities, airlines would be forced to fly empty planes to secure their slots.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Feb. 21 EWR-FRA 748i flight was canceled, as part of EWR-FRA-BCN on UA 016 ticket. I declined the UA EWR-BCN nonstop flight. I rebooked my flights to EWR-MUC-BCN, with EWR-MUC on A350. I'll be able to try LH A350 Business Class for the first time.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
I rebooked my flights to EWR-MUC-BCN, with EWR-MUC on A350. I'll be able to try LH A350 Business Class for the first time.
Such a detour for LH J?
You are on a mileage run, right?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lefrid
Such a detour for LH J?
You are on a mileage run, right?
Nope, I just don't care for the reduced services in UA J all in the name of the pandemic. If I'm paying for J ticket, I want real service.
cesco.g and djjaguar64 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
The second LAX-FRA (450/451) was added at 3x weekly on a 343, but sometime today they zeroed out all J inventory, but kept PE and Y open for sale. Any clue what's going on here?
J is once again bookable on 450/451.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The update of June-October 2022 has started…
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: A3-G
Thank you for let know about update summer 2022,Oliver2002 but looked and not been updated in booking cancelled flight (supposed flight in evening FRA to GLA) where for some GLA-FRA-GLA that mixed from Monday to Sunday 1 flight per day and 2 flight per day.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was checking ALC, IBZ, and U.K. stuff, if you compare May to June or July it’s basically all the same anyway. There would never be as many cuts in the summer as there was in winter.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United935
Thank you for let know about update summer 2022,Oliver2002 but looked and not been updated in booking cancelled flight (supposed flight in evening FRA to GLA) where for some GLA-FRA-GLA that mixed from Monday to Sunday 1 flight per day and 2 flight per day.
Are you saying that you have a cancelled flight and you think it will rebook you if those flights operate again? I don't believe that's technically possible. The robot makes its sweep when its cancelled and that's it.

I've been checking GLA-FRA and I can't see anything has changed and I would be surprised to see chopping in July, Aug.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3-G
Thanks, I have been checking the summer timetable for GLA to FRA... previously each day there were 2 flights: early morning and lunchtime. Now, the early morning flights are only scheduled for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
For the return journey, previously, Frankfurt to Glasgow was operating 2 flights every day: mid morning and late evening. Now the late evening flights are only scheduled for Monday,Wednesday and Friday.
I have some existing bookings from FRA to GLA on Saturday and Sunday evenings but I have not been notified of any changes to the services to say they are no longer scheduled updated.

Last edited by United935; Jan 12, 2022 at 12:59 pm Reason: Uodated
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:31 am

Is there any reason to immediately accept a schedule change prior to the date they want a response?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.