Wiki Posts
Search

SEA-FRA Crew Count

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
SEA-FRA Crew Count

Mods: Feel free to move this if it's been clearly answered elsewhere and I'm just bad at searching.

But the question at hand: How many crew will there normally be working an A333 flying SEA-FRA? Pilots + FAs. The younger travellers in the crew and I are working on a project and we need to know these numbers so we can plan in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Mods: Feel free to move this if it's been clearly answered elsewhere and I'm just bad at searching.

But the question at hand: How many crew will there normally be working an A333 flying SEA-FRA? Pilots + FAs. The younger travellers in the crew and I are working on a project and we need to know these numbers so we can plan in advance.
Wouldn't "the younger travellers in the crew" know?

About 10 cabin crew including the purser.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Wouldn't "the younger travellers in the crew" know?
I think OP's "the crew" here refers to their family; the "younger travelers" specifically refers to their kids.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
I think OP's "the crew" here refers to their family; the "younger travelers" specifically refers to their kids.
Good point. A bit more information about "the project" would still be helpful.
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Yes, sorry. Should have been more clear. These younger travellers are the ones in MY crew. We're working on a project for an upcoming trip where we need to know how many people will be working on the plane. We have to order supplies because we'll be making things for them.

I had estimated about 10 FAs + pilots, but would there be two sets of crew given it's a 10h flight? If there's 10 crew including the purser, we'd probably end up doing 24 at that point just in case.

And thanks for the responses! Much appreciated!

A bit more information about "the project" would still be helpful.
I don't want to spoil the surprise, but it is a good one. Felt like we should do something nice for our crew and the kids are all on board with it. (Also just re-read that and realized just how many FF idioms are in my normal speech!)
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
I had estimated about 10 FAs + pilots, but would there be two sets of crew given it's a 10h flight? If there's 10 crew including the purser, we'd probably end up doing 24 at that point just in case.
Nope there will be only one set of crew - but after meal service half of them will take a break for a while and later during 2nd shift the other half will take a break until the service prior to landing starts, so no crew member will have to work the whole flight. Cockpit crew will usually be 3 so that they can take breaks during the flight
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:18 am

A total of 10 FAs plus 3 pilots is about right. They are all "on duty" after take off, serve the first meal and then take breaks in shifts, as the other poster already wrote. I. e. you don't need 24 of whatever you were thinking of. 24 is more like the crew of an A 380.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Excellent! Thanks so much for this. Means our per-person cost and time budgets go up! And I learned something new, so a good day all around.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm curious as to how this turns out!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:20 am

Excellent! Thanks so much for this. Means our per-person cost and time budgets go up! And I learned something new, so a good day all around.
Good luck!

Would be great, if you could give us some more information once the surprise has been delivered.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

I'll do my best to post a follow up, but it will be in early 2022 after we get back. Planning ahead on this one, after all!
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.