Brussels Airlines Extensive Africa Network: Rationale?

Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SN in the pandemic shuffle/reorg is now part of the LH/OS/LX 'premium carriers' club
Well LX maybe but OS, premium? LH falls somewhere in the middle.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Well LX maybe but OS, premium? LH falls somewhere in the middle.
In LHs logic anything that is even slightly more upmarket than Eurowings must be premium.
lhrpete, Dover2Golf and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
SN has tried other long haul destinations but the ones they are currently operating are the only profitable ones for them. It is somewhat an inheritage of Sabena indeed.

They used to fly NBO but as competition rose, they decided to abandon NBO as destination a few years ago.

Jet Airways (9W) used to have a huge position connecting US with India by using BRU as a transit hub.
Due cost saving measurements and issues at BRU, 9W made AMS their new transit hub. Shortly after moving, 9W went bankrupt.
SN saw this as an opportunity to take the position back to BRU by adding BRU-DEL to their schedule, matching with their flights from/to JFK, IAD and YYZ.
It was their first attempt to jump out of their African comfort zone by trying to discover Asia.
However, the route barely existed for a year and didn't survive the competition for long. I assume LH has a strong position for India/US.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH got them to start JFK in 2012 and IAD shortly after. So adding an Indian feeder and use the existing bilateral slots was a logical conclusion as LH had maxed out theirs. The African traffic didn't fill their two connecting flights entirely
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posting to update a dormant thread. I am seeing flights on SN to both KGL and NBO starting this month (at least KGL started 4 September, I don't see flights between BRU and NBO on EF). .I am seeing fares loaded on the SN website for both destinations and am able to do dummy bookings to both destinations.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Brussels New/Cancelled Routes and Changes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.