Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyChallenge promo in the M&M app

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
LH M&M credit card told me today that it takes at least one more billing cycle before a change in billing date would take effect. So it would probably, in my case, start in March if I wanted to change the billing date to, say, the 8th of the month. No chance of catching it before 13th January, I should have thought about it before.

Truth is, using the LH M&M card extensively enough to avoid cutting it too fine towards the end of the promo would have entailed a lot of FX fees because I was mostly in Switzerland this autumn. I calculated it would have created about €60 in FX fees, which is way in excess of the value of the miles being offered.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT finally got back to me to say they did not opt-in to this promo. I'd say its just too expensive.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which means the whole concept probably won't last for very long.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I've got a new challenge, called mindfulflyer. Yes, you've guessed correctly, it's all about offsetting this year's flights.

I achieved the shopping challenge, getting 6,000 miles for earning 500 miles for 5 separate bookings with Park Aero which yielded 100 miles each. I booked a series of half hour parking slots at 5 Euros a pop for times after midnight at Düsseldorf Airport. So the 6,000 miles effectively cost €25!
8420PR likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
I achieved the shopping challenge, getting 6,000 miles for earning 500 miles for 5 separate bookings with Park Aero which yielded 100 miles each. I booked a series of half hour parking slots at 5 Euros a pop for times after midnight at Düsseldorf Airport. So the 6,000 miles effectively cost €25!
How did you manage to book 30 min slots? I am getting errors when trying to book less than 2 hours (at 17€ each), and trying several dates and hour times... would be a really good deal to benefit from.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, they seem to have blocked it off and you can only book 2 hour slots now. Getting the half hours was tricky, though, there was a point in the booking process where you had to take a step backward... and it worked somehow. From now, I reckon that the best chance with this task is with Hotels & Cars.
jmsala likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the new challenge has appeared overnight, My MilesPay Challenge, and it is as underwhelming as I feared it would. Which is probably why nobody's mentioned it here. Using miles to pay for things when using your M&M credit card is an extremely bad deal. I'm not going to activate it. Over at VFT, some got offered 100 free miles for having a look at it. I didn't even get that (probably punishment for booking empty parking places at Dusseldorf airport in the last challenge).

​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to let you know that during the last couple of days the latest offer in this series appeared. Once again it is a mindfulflyer offer, where you can offset your flights from the 2nd quarter of this year. I can see that the excitement about these offers is palpable here.

Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The intern is back from vacation... I see two (rather pointless) challenges in my app now.
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless someone can somehow find something of value in the catalogue of that design junk site, which would relate to what they are actually needing in that moment (plus postage). I could do with a door mat, but most of the total rubbish they are selling (which would look better in the Schrott bins here in Oberhausen) is stupidly overpriced. Note, much of it is "on sale". But there must be something in there that is worth 500 miles extra. The Hotels & Cars thing is more likely to be useful to most, and I was surprised to see that cars in Mallorca were actually affordable in September. But I must say, I had forgotten about the My Challenge promotion until this came up.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 7, 2022 at 4:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a reminder, these are the two challenges I received, already some time ago. I have already achieved the Hotels & Cars one with a hotel booking in Palma, although the choice was not great and the prices were inversely proportional to the perceived quality (I took a hotel in Can Pastilla, which is the urban area nearest the airport).

As for the design-bstseller one, I haven't found anything in there that could be remotely useful.

Others have received challenges involving FreeNow, or something like that, which is a taxi app I believe. And I think some of the Swiss based members have received a credit card challenge on the SWISS credit cards.
The screenshots were taken some time back in early August.

Last edited by Concerto; Sep 7, 2022 at 4:41 pm
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did manage to find something that I actually needed on that design-bestseller site. I clicked through on the app and did the transaction on my phone. Because a discount was offered, I took the pay in advance option, which means I paid by doing an Überweisung (direct transfer) from my Gerrnan bank. But the transaction did not track in the app, so far.

I am probably a lone star in doing this challenge, but has anyone else had any experiences? I seem to recall that with the airport parking fiasco earlier this year, the transactions showed up in the app a couple of days later. However, the recent Hotels & Cars challenge showed up instantly, even though I had booked a refundable hotel night (which I didn't cancel in the end). I realise that this whole post would probably be better over in VFT, but I find it much easier to write in English.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Design Bestseller tracks the purchase via their system (you have to enter the M&M number in the check out process), so it will take some time to show up in your account.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/de...seller-de.html
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Oliver for the quick feedback. Actually there wasn't any field for entering my M&M number.

Just as an aside, despite scoffing at the overpriced junk at Design Bestseller, I found there were quite a number of worthwhile and interesting things there. It requires a bit of searching though and, yes, most of it is overpriced.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Then better contact DB and ask them to add your number to the order asap. Otherwise M&M will not know you bought anything from DB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.