Domestic OS Flights Business Class Catering VIE-GRZ-VIE

Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Domestic OS Flights Business Class Catering VIE-GRZ-VIE

I am going to take s short VIE-GRZ (Graz) rt-trip in Business Class for status reasons.
What's the catering in OS Business Class for such a short flight? (afternoon flights)
Any recent experience ?

Does it make sense to order special food, like Kosher, for quality reasons (probably sandwich versus kosher sandwich?)

How is Graz Thalerhof Airport for changing planes, immediate return flight back, probably even with the same plane?
(flights are OS963 to GRZ and OS980 to VIE)
I have read,to enter the VIP Lounge (only one lounge contracted by LH-Group, PriorityPass and Diners Club) after security,
you need to get an invitation/pin-code at the information counter in the check-in hall.So it will be necessary to leave secure area and go through security.
I will have 1:45h time and of course no luggage.

Many thanks,
ettrich
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ettrich
I am going to take s short VIE-GRZ (Graz) rt-trip in Business Class for status reasons.
What's the catering in OS Business Class for such a short flight? (afternoon flights)
Any recent experience ?
Have a look at the LH Menu thread, business & First class.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 11:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ordering special meals doesn't improve anything.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:49 am
Original Poster

I agree wtih the mediocrity of special meals, with the exception of kosher food.
Normally done at special catering companies or even kosher restaurants, therefore
higher quality.

I had nice experiences with LH, ex FRA or MUC, catering proivided by a kosher producing
company in Brussels, and with BA ex London (both intra-europeanSH Business Class)

Ex VIE I don't know if it makes sense.

In the LH Business/First Class Menu Thread I could not find any OS domestic or any short flight of 40 minutes duration.(VIE-MUC would fit)

Best regards,
ettrich
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

In the LH Business/First Class Menu Thread I could not find any OS domestic or any short flight of 40 minutes duration.(VIE-MUC would fit)
I would be surprised if the VIE-MUC & VIE-FRA menus are different but do let us know after your trip.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I agree wtih the mediocrity of special meals, with the exception of kosher food.
Normally done at special catering companies or even kosher restaurants, therefore
higher quality.

I had nice experiences with LH, ex FRA or MUC, catering proivided by a kosher producing
company in Brussels, and with BA ex London (both intra-europeanSH Business Class)
Ordering special meals incur significant expense to the airline... if you don't really need it, why order it?
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ordering special meals incur significant expense to the airline... if you don't really need it, why order it?
Well perhaps if they served decent food in the first place so many people wouldn't game the system.
chris63, hugolover and gojko88 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
And anyway, you've paid for the Business service. So why not?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:29 pm

I never knew kosher airplane meals were nicer, is it really true? I might have to give it a try

and heck people here and there ordering them isn't gonna make the airline go bankrupt, plus if it's a choice it's free to take

Did a quick google search, apparently Swiss forgot this man's kosher meal on a long haul flight and LH ended up giving him $1400 plus miles lol
​​​​​​https://www.jta.org/2016/03/30/default/lufthansa-ordered-to-pay-damages-for-not-providing-kosher-meal-to-passenger
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Well perhaps if they served decent food in the first place so many people wouldn't game the system.
OS serves decent food in their regional business class, even to GRZ. Ordering a special meal just because you assume the regular meal is bad is absurd.

KSML delivery is a major topic in the US, many have regularly sued and won. There was one blogger who knew that a certain airline could not provide KSML from a certain station on the first flight of the day and purposely booked it over and over to collect the compensation.
romans likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I agree with you, no question, if we're talking about OS. But people do this all the time on British Airways because the regular catering is so awful... even though in business class, although I think quality has improved recently. Apparently ordering Kosher is the only way to secure yourself a decent meal on BA.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
I agree with you, no question, if we're talking about OS. But people do this all the time on British Airways because the regular catering is so awful... even though in business class, although I think quality has improved recently. Apparently ordering Kosher is the only way to secure yourself a decent meal on BA.
This is the Kosher catering company for BA ex London: https://www.hermolis.com/menu/
From my experience quite nice and even Afternoon Tea sandwiches were miles better than BAs normal catering ( in business class).
In First Class I would't choose any special meal, even the Kosher is subpar to the regular offering.
ettrich
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:04 am

The images on what is served can be found here: https://www.airlinemeals.net/photos/...business-class

The triangle plate thing for VIE-MUC/FRA should also occur on domestic routes, with variation for the time of day.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The images on what is served can be found here: https://www.airlinemeals.net/photos/...business-class

The triangle plate thing for VIE-MUC/FRA should also occur on domestic routes, with variation for the time of day.
Oliver,
thank you so much.That is exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't find anywhere.

ettrich
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
I would be surprised if OS serves any special meals on a 40 minute flight even in J.
Though I could not find any info on OS mobile website, I know (and confirmed on their website) that LH does not offer specials meals in J on flights shorter than 75 minutes. Most airlines, even in J, wont offer it on flights shorter than an hour

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.