Wiki Posts
Search

VTL Vaccinated Travel Line in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
VTL Vaccinated Travel Line in SIN

As of Sept. 7th SQ has announced flights for vaccinated travelers to SIN from FRA and MUC. Will LH and LX follow that system, too?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by shipsmail
As of Sept. 7th SQ has announced flights for vaccinated travelers to SIN from FRA and MUC. Will LH and LX follow that system, too?
LH is on the list...

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...ts-and-process

I hope that this is not the way we will travel in the future but that's OT.
chris63 and Traveller121 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
I have read somewhere that 2 LH flights per week to SG will be designated VTL flights. unfortunately I dont find the article - but remember it was the LH flight to singapore on Thursday and another day

Last edited by roc83; Aug 19, 2021 at 7:03 pm
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I cant wait for this to expand to all of europe
gojko88 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Looking at the link from Michiel, I was initially delighted, but then realizing what a hassle this would be...

First, at least I hope that the vaccinations in "Europe" will be counted as single region, otherwise I have a problem - as I am vaccinated in Slovakia, which is never going to have a VTL.
Even then I am resident in NL, so I would have to take a flight from NL? as per current reading... Maybe if they make it not "stayed in country/region of departure" but "stayed only in countries/regions eligible for VTL".

Second, all the hassle to actually travel - I count no less than 4 payable RT-PCR COVID tests (pre-departure, on arrival, day 3, day 7) and at least one day isolation (on arrival waiting for result of test) etc.
At least the insurance is not too expensive.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
The hassle involved with the scheme is frankly just ridiculous. Taking 4 PCR tests is probably going to mean that this will be a no-go for most potential visitors.
chris63 and gojko88 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: LH SEN
This is not for "most" visitors. This is for people who really need to travel to Singapore and a big advance from quarantine or not being able to travel at all.
fridgy and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Do we know already which are the LH VTL flights?

SQ has been quite visible on this, and have a link on its website.

Also just spoke to LH call center, but they were unable to find any information, but the SQ information.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Do we know already which are the LH VTL flights?
According to this website Singapore - Germany Vaccinated Travel Lane: All you need to know | The Milelion it seems that it will be the LH778 flight on Thursday and Saturday. That would make sense coz then there would be 1 VTL flight each day - and SIA covers the remaining days already
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by roc83
According to this website Singapore - Germany Vaccinated Travel Lane: All you need to know | The Milelion it seems that it will be the LH778 flight on Thursday and Saturday. That would make sense coz then there would be 1 VTL flight each day - and SIA covers the remaining days already
Thanks, yes that makes sense indeed. Looking out for official confirmation from LH.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Looking at the link from Michiel, I was initially delighted, but then realizing what a hassle this would be...

First, at least I hope that the vaccinations in "Europe" will be counted as single region, otherwise I have a problem - as I am vaccinated in Slovakia, which is never going to have a VTL.
Even then I am resident in NL, so I would have to take a flight from NL? as per current reading... Maybe if they make it not "stayed in country/region of departure" but "stayed only in countries/regions eligible for VTL".
Totally agree. How to ridiculous that you have to be vaccinated in the country from which you travel.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Second, all the hassle to actually travel - I count no less than 4 payable RT-PCR COVID tests (pre-departure, on arrival, day 3, day 7) and at least one day isolation (on arrival waiting for result of test) etc.
Lol welcome to the travel life for us living in the U.K. all of this year until about a month ago.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:33 pm

In the LH Lurker Thread, I received the following reply:

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Ziegenhorn,

as of yet, we have not received any news or official information about Lufthansa participating in Singapore's Vaccinated Travel Lane arrangement. We'll let you know as soon as possible.

Best,
Ina
​​​​​​​
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:43 am

LH now shows VTL flights on their website, being LH778 on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
LH now shows VTL flights on their website, being LH778 on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Yes, without F in the old A343 and limited until end of the summer schedule so far.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:51 am

... and for all interested readers, here are the full rules to enter to Singapore

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...ts-and-process

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.