Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Digital Document Check

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: EB, AY+
We are doing hel-muc-bkk-pnh on one ticket soon. LH digital document check insists its Thailand where we are going although its just a transit. Transit at bkk does not require Thailand pass though. Is it just a hickup in system as pnh is WE flight? Or should I just apply for thailand pass to make lh happy?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Just verify your documents at physical check-in instead. The digital check tends to take the most paranoid route.
pdeut likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by seanp7
The FCT wanted to see everything for me last Sunday. US destination. DDC already said everything was OK.
For US the checks are always more restrictive due to the high fines for the airline in case a passenger without proper documents shows up at the border. This is nothing new and even before Covid the famous API-Check / API-Ok check was done physically before boarding even if you entered all details online beforehand.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by flyingfkb
.. the famous API-Check / API-Ok check was done physically before boarding even if you entered all details online beforehand.
So trying to satisfy the app or website is a waste of time.

At least in my recent experiences. It was smoother late last year.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:01 am

Looks like DDC has been discontinued. I just checked-in on BOM-FRA flight and it did not ask me to upload any documents. I got a message that document check-in is not required.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Germany has stopped requiring any covid19 related documents on June 1, so there is nothing to check
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Germany has stopped requiring any covid19 related documents on June 1, so there is nothing to check
But masks on board are still required...
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about flights to destinations that require Covid documentation?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

If there are documents to check, the system will work. Redhat72 was travelling to FRA, so nothing to check.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:39 am

If there are documents to check, the system will work. Redhat72 was travelling to FRA, so nothing to check.
Actually, I'm flying to US via FRA. Sorry, I should have clarified.

Also, now that US has removed the covid test requirement, do I still need to fill passenger disclosure and attestation form? Lufthansa website does mention that it is required but the form does mention that a negative test is required.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

The requirements are here: https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...h-enabled=true

The CDC form (theoretically still required) was never needed to be uploaded into the DDC. The vaccination documentation was needed for DDC, but recently the checkin process was modified to require the pax to state (and check a box) that s/he has all the required documents. Once you do that the system generates a 'ADOC' comment in your reservation and prints/generates the boarding passes.
Redhat72 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:23 am

Apologies for resurrecting this thread.

Flying tomorrow AMS-MUC-SIN-AKL and I was trying to check in on the LH website.

The website (and the app) require to upload covid documents which seems to me are unnecessary.

Is there a workaround?

I'm mostly worried about losing the seats I selected (flying with two small children so it's kind of a big deal), will they stick until the airport if I don't check in online?

Thank you!
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The issue is SIN; according to LH IT you need to fill out the entry form for SIN and upload it in order to proceed with OLCI. I had the same issue on a FRA-SIN-KUL ticket. You are not able to do OLCI unless you fill out and upload the it as if you are entering SIN.

If you check-in at the counters tmrw you don't need to do it (i.e. it is LH IT glitch); if you selected seats in advance (not in the OLCI platform) they should stick.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The issue is SIN; according to LH IT you need to fill out the entry form for SIN and upload it in order to proceed with OLCI. I had the same issue on a FRA-SIN-KUL ticket. You are not able to do OLCI unless you fill out and upload the it as if you are entering SIN.

If you check-in at the counters tmrw you don't need to do it (i.e. it is LH IT glitch); if you selected seats in advance (not in the OLCI platform) they should stick.
Thank you! I actually went to the LX website and I could complete check-in because that website has a button "skip this part of the process and we'll check your documents at the airport". Clever idea

In reality I couldn't check in for the SIN-AKL segment (I'm assuming because they need to check the NZETA) but there I have seats confirmed from the NZ website.

Now about the weather in MUC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.