Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:06 am
Original Poster

LH feeding oneworld transatlantic?

I understand feeding Latam but Iberia?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I would but a LH ticket to BOG and a cheap AV ticket to Cartagena (CTG) - also to avoid US transfer which is currently not possible if arriving from Schengen.
AntonS likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has an agreement with AA to feed them in Europe (mainly MUC and FRA). AA in turn feeds LH in MIA and CLT. This looks like a AA codeshare messed with the routing table 😕
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat
Was the AA agreement a legacy from US Airways which was a Star Alliance partner? Always seemed weird to me that LH serves CLT (whereas other AA hubs like MIA or PHL makes sense as destinations on their own) but this makes sense.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
US was CLT/PHL so yes some of that is legacy US arrangement. The MIA deal was AA connections to the Caribe, they also had some things in DFW that date back before CO became UA.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:39 pm

Useless trivia alert: Before *A, there was a lot of AA/ LH interlining at SFO, DFW, SJU and ORD.
cas_de likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I would but a LH ticket to BOG and a cheap AV ticket to Cartagena (CTG) - also to avoid US transfer which is currently not possible if arriving from Schengen.
This is my trip on Friday !!!! And - Colombia is 100% open. Then - on the way back - if you are out of Europe until the 15th day - you could return via USA (you need 14 full days out after the day of departure from Europe).

As for the *A feeders - it will be the fare of the TATL carrier that dictates this. The long-haul carriers often setup fares with feeder flights from all types of carriers - it makes pricing easier (and better) and gets more traffic on the long-haul - which is the goal. The short-haul carrier doing the feeder flight gets very little revenue . . so - - both sides have to agree on this for the fare to be setup. I did check the IB fares FRA-CTG and they do not provide for LH feeder traffic - so this must be either a hacker fare or some special combination.

My ticket (now to AUA via BOG) was originally ZRH-MIA-GCM with AA operating the GCM leg. That would be pretty typical that AA is taking inbound long-haul to get to GCM. However, on almost all other Caribbean routes, there are no AA segments allowed on the *A TATL fares.

Last edited by zrh2yvr; Jul 17, 2021 at 12:11 am
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by curt
Useless trivia alert: Before *A, there was a lot of AA/ LH interlining at SFO, DFW, SJU and ORD.
If wasnjun an example, I personally took bussiness class for two for 1999EUR to Bog from MAD. I was just curios since when LH was feeding AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.