Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Tests and health forms - flying LH back to USA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Traveling on LH and AC

Traveling MAD to FRA on LH (AC ticket stock) 15 hour connection in FRA then FRA -YYZ -SFO all on AC

How do I handle this test, Do they only need it for check-in at LH in MAD? Kind of confused on how this works, when I need to take it, and who do I present the results to? Thanks in advance

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 23, 2021 at 12:00 am
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you are vaccinated you don't need to a test for flying to FRA from MAD. The party will start at checkin in FRA for YYZ/SFO.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Flying MXP-MUC-IAD, can we use Abbott’s BinaxNOW test? Do we need anything else besides vaccination card? Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:05 am

Hi.

Newbee here.
We are travelling to the USA on Friday on Lufthansa from FRA to MIA and are discussing if we need to take a private test, or if we can use the public free test in Norway.
The test result / certificate is the EUDCC.

I have read the CDC airline check list and it mentions that the test should include "Where the test was run, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory".
The EUDCC does not stat contact information for the test center, does this mean we should do a private test just in case? Anyone with experience using the EUDCC certificate with a valid test?

A private test is 200 USD per person. And we are a family of 4.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are 15 min antigen test centers in FRA which comply with the rules, no need to worry.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:12 pm

LH requiring US Citizen to be vaccinated on flights to the US?

Has anyone else (US Citizen) experienced this? I was asked to provide proof of vaccination at the first point of departure (CPT) and again on the flight before boarding for the US (FRA).

Both times I told them I was a citizen, with a US passport, and did not need to be vaccinated to enter the US. Both times they were very adamant that I must be vaccinated before travel to the US. I tried to argue that the US does not/has not require a US citizen to be vaccinated before entry. I would have pressed the issue further out of principle but lines where forming.

Luckily, I still had the Swiss vaccination cert on my phone from early in the year as I did not bring my CDC card

Both times they said it was in timatic. Im wondering if this is an issue with LH system or if they have me as a non-US citizen or something? (even thou I only have a US passport) The app also wanted me to enter an ESTA but let me continue when I left it blank.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Your travelling & you didn’t take your CDC card

Covid didn’t disappear, it’s just currently in a milder format ….
flospi, etiene and Punekar like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Your travelling & you didn’t take your CDC card

Covid didn’t disappear, it’s just currently in a milder format ….
1. It was in my checked bag and I didnt want to dig through to try and find it at CPT while I was checking the bag, and couldnt access it at all in FRA - which should not matter because I was not suppose to need it. Plus I still had the Swiss cert, but had deleted the EU Spain one from my phone. Didnt think this much detail was needed, but I guess it was.

edit: only the FRA one insisted I show the cert, the CPT let it go when I said I was vaxxed. I should have worded it better

2. I am vax’d and boosted and did so the very first chance I had for both.

This is not a covid complaint. This is a LH has the wrong information post

extra edit: I also had new kn95 mask the whole trip, but thanks for letting me know about covid, had no idea /s
chessman likes this.

Last edited by random.parts; Jul 17, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH HON
CPT staff is outsourced. FRA checkpoints at the very beginning of Z-gates is also not LH staff. So more than likely it's just an error / path of least resistance. Just have your documents at hand unless you're into some invol / eu264 mood (given you have the time).
random.parts likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by random.parts

extra edit: I also had new kn95 mask the whole trip, but thanks for letting me know about covid, had no idea /s
Good that you now understand the pandemic isn’t over & that you need to travel with all possible requirements when crossing international borders
flospi likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by ckx2
CPT staff is outsourced. FRA checkpoints at the very beginning of Z-gates is also not LH staff. So more than likely it's just an error / path of least resistance. Just have your documents at hand unless you're into some invol / eu264 mood (given you have the time).
Honestly would have gone this route if I knew/thought it were an option. My issue was on principle, not on covid.

As far as I am concerned they might as well have been asking for an ESTA. It has nothing to do with covid, it just happened to be during covid

They were reading the wrong information and instead of checking their work once it was pointed out that it was wrong, they wanted to assert authority instead of being told they were wrong and having to admit that.

Would have happily been db, if I knew I would have gotten something for it - kinda annoyed I didnt do that now
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Good that you now understand the pandemic isn’t over & that you need to travel with all possible requirements when crossing international borders
Im curious, personal feelings and covid aside, what would you recommend to someone who meets all entry requirements to every location they travel in/through and are ask to produce a document they do not need and have never needed for that travel?
strowger and andrewesque like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Im curious, personal feelings and covid aside, what would you recommend to someone who meets all entry requirements to every location they travel in/through and are ask to produce a document they do not need and have never needed for that travel?
1. Google
2. Ask for a supervisor.

Incompetence is not an excuse for a power trip.
flospi likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Give them what they want, you have a CDC card

Requirements can change during travel, so it’s best to have everything with you
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:37 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Has anyone else (US Citizen) experienced this? I was asked to provide proof of vaccination at the first point of departure (CPT) and again on the flight before boarding for the US (FRA).

Both times I told them I was a citizen, with a US passport, and did not need to be vaccinated to enter the US. Both times they were very adamant that I must be vaccinated before travel to the US. I tried to argue that the US does not/has not require a US citizen to be vaccinated before entry. I would have pressed the issue further out of principle but lines where forming.

Luckily, I still had the Swiss vaccination cert on my phone from early in the year as I did not bring my CDC card

Both times they said it was in timatic. Im wondering if this is an issue with LH system or if they have me as a non-US citizen or something? (even thou I only have a US passport) The app also wanted me to enter an ESTA but let me continue when I left it blank.
The agents probably read the first few lines of timatic and didn’t look at the exceptions below. My experience is that agents will always ask for vaccination by default because it’s needed in 99% of situations.

I’ve had the same issue before and just show my EU pass.

I’ve also had the reverse happen on other airlines where agents say I need a test to enter the EU despite changes in rules. This thankfully does not happen any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.