Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More credit card/banking in Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Miles & More credit card/banking in Poland

There's a 5k cap on a Polish mBank M&M card too.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Lack
There's a 5k cap on a Polish mBank M&M card too.
on basic card is 5000 miles
platinum card is 10000 miles cap
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ariell
on basic card is 5000 miles
platinum card is 10000 miles cap
I see three cards in PL that earn miles.

The Citi cards. Diners and mBank.

They are all horrific by even UK standards, less so by continental European and a complete joke to Americans but the market is what it is.

Whats the consensus on which is the best card in PL? While I know the earnings are very poor I am loathe to spend even 1zl and not earn some Miles. Sending money back to the UK each month to pay a UK card doesn't seem worth it to cover basic living expenses.

I think only Diners and Citi have some manoeuvrability to other FFPs.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Polish DC doesn't allow transfer to other programs.

Their customer service and other services, although slipped is still pretty good though.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Whats the consensus on which is the best card in PL?
As you say, the options are all poor when compared to the US/UK but your best bet right now is probably to pick up the no-fee version of the mBank card. The rates were devalued in January (from 5 to 6PLN per mile; 3 to 4PLN for the premium one). If you think you can get enough spend on the card it might be worth considering the premium one for a higher return.

I tried getting one of the mBank M&M cards recently but got rejected. I'm a freelancer and Polish banks REALLY hate self-employed people! If you have a full time job in Poland (umowa o prace) it should be easy. Otherwise, expect the bank staff to set the dogs on you.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
As you say, the options are all poor when compared to the US/UK but your best bet right now is probably to pick up the no-fee version of the mBank card. The rates were devalued in January (from 5 to 6PLN per mile; 3 to 4PLN for the premium one). If you think you can get enough spend on the card it might be worth considering the premium one for a higher return.
Is there a monthly limit ?

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I tried getting one of the mBank M&M cards recently but got rejected. I'm a freelancer and Polish banks REALLY hate self-employed people! If you have a full time job in Poland (umowa o prace) it should be easy. Otherwise, expect the bank staff to set the dogs on you.
Debit card or credit card ?

Even with regular contract (umowa o prace) ,. if you earn less than 5/6k net per month you will have to pay more fees
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
The Citi cards. Diners and mBank.
Citi Handlowy ceased to be a Miles & More partner a few years ago. It's only Diners and mBank now.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN *
mBank in Poland terminates Miles & More credit cards

mBank which has been issuing Miles & More credit cards in Poland, will no longer offer Miles & More credit cards (LOT Basic and LOT Premium).
Current card holders will be able to collect miles for credit card transactions only until 30 SEP 2021, because mBank concludes cooperation with Miles & More.
After 30 SEP you can still use the card, but you won't get any miles.

Last edited by andywaw; Jun 22, 2021 at 9:58 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:48 am

This is really bad. Seems like there is no other bank that cooperates with M&M in Poland. Looks like we will have to switch to Diners.
Wondering if LH credit cards are available for Polish citizens ?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:59 am

Diners in Poland has really exclusive terms of application for LOT card, the card is expensive, and - most importantly - not as widely accepted as Visa or MasterCard.
For LOT Senators it is easier to get but still...
I hope another bank will introduce Miles & More card soon, after Pekao SA, Citibank, mBank cooperated with M&M and stopped at some time.
I doubt LH credit cards are available to Polish citizens.
nu26 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
Diners in Poland has really exclusive terms of application for LOT card, the card is expensive, and - most importantly - not as widely accepted as Visa or MasterCard.
I thought since the cooperation agreement in 2016, Diners is using the MasterCard network and a Diners Card will just work like a regular MasterCard, i.e., accepted in all POS terminals where MasterCard is accepted... which is basically everywhere besides cash-only business.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
I thought since the cooperation agreement in 2016, Diners is using the MasterCard network and a Diners Card will just work like a regular MasterCard, i.e., accepted in all POS terminals where MasterCard is accepted... which is basically everywhere besides cash-only business.
Diners cards issued in the USA bear Diners logo and MasterCard logo. They start with digit 5 - just like any MasterCard.
Diners LOT card issued in Poland bears Diners logo only, no MasterCard logo. It starts with digit 3.
I thought cards working in MasterCard system should bear MasterCard logo and start with 5.
But I didn't know about 2016 agreement, maybe you're right.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by andywaw
I hope another bank will introduce Miles & More card soon, after Pekao SA, Citibank, mBank cooperated with M&M and stopped at some time.
I doubt LH credit cards are available to Polish citizens.
M&M probably has yet another CC partner lined up, with the large LOT M&M market in PL I'm sure they can sell that customer base easily.

EU citizens can get the German DKB M&M CC after opening an account with DKB. The NL residents got that when the M&M CC terminated: Miles & More credit card for Netherlands gone?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:00 am

by briefly checking their terms, looks like M&M CC will work for every EU country member:

https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkar...d-credit-card/
Terms direct link:
https://dok.dkb.de/pdf/oas_lh_credit...edingungen.pdf
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:10 am

DKB bank speaks German only.
I sent them an inquiry in English via Messenger and they replied they require German language because they conduct all business in German.
I do not speak German and if the bank refuses any communication in English, it means I will not be able to do business with them.
I bet they issue all papers, documents, contracts, account statements in German. I would like to know what I sign.
I'll wait and see what happens here in October after mBank says goodbye to Miles & More.
No pressure, as long as I keep my SEN status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.