Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the LH Lounge situation in FRA ?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
What is the LH Lounge situation in FRA ?

Hi,

Flying Business to FRA from JFK on the 8th and connecting to an Intra Germany flight 3+h later I was wondering what the current Lounge Situation is? Is there any Lounge I could use for a quick shower or are all Lounges at minimal/limited service?
Old May 29, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Gold
I have thew same question for a 10 hour layover.

I just had to change flights to Namibia and will now find myself wit ha 10 hour layover in Frankfurt. I arrive FRA on UA 46 IAH-FRA at 12:20pm, departs on LH 570 FRA-WDH in business. With 10 hours at FRA I will be looking for a lounge to spend the time in.

With this much time, is it possible nowadays to leave the airport and go into the city and then return later for the onwardLH flight? We have both been vaccinated.
Old May 29, 2021, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by susiesan
I just had to change flights to Namibia and will now find myself wit ha 10 hour layover in Frankfurt. I arrive FRA on UA 46 IAH-FRA at 12:20pm, departs on LH 570 FRA-WDH in business. With 10 hours at FRA I will be looking for a lounge to spend the time in.

With this much time, is it possible nowadays to leave the airport and go into the city and then return later for the onwardLH flight? We have both been vaccinated.
vaccinated would get rid of quarantine requirements- BUT now it depends on your ability to enter Germany as US citizen are as of now not permitted (unless fitting one exclusion)
Old May 29, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
vaccinated would get rid of quarantine requirements- BUT now it depends on your ability to enter Germany as US citizen are as of now not permitted (unless fitting one exclusion)
But we can still stay at the airport for 10 hours if we have to and the only requirement is proof of vaccination and not a covid test, correct?

Wasn't the EU supposed to be allowing vaccinated visitors to enter starting June 1? W we will be arriving at FRA on June 12.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:28 am
Original Poster

But we can still stay at the airport for 10 hours if we have to and the only requirement is proof of vaccination and not a covid test, correct?

Wasn't the EU supposed to be allowing vaccinated visitors to enter starting June 1? W we will be arriving at FRA on June 12.
not sure about the first Q - but as I need only vaccine very to enter Germany I would assume the same should work for connections
The EU was never supposed to do anything. The EU commission recommended something (no date) for member states to implement as they see fit
Italy/France/Greece released their dates/rules/… but Germany has not released any new procedure/rules/…. So far.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH HON
And with the US remaining locked off for visitors, I’d expect Germany to do the same...
Old May 29, 2021, 12:18 pm

Wasn't the EU supposed to be allowing vaccinated visitors to enter starting June 1?
The answer to your question is “no”. For now, you have to check each country’s requirements individually. The earliest that the EU MIGHT release their guidance is July 1 (subject to change). Individual countries would still be able to restrict visitors depending upon infection rates. Bottom line is that you have to check a country’s specific entry requirements for the foreseeable future.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/when-w...avel-to-europe

Last edited by FLYMSY; May 29, 2021 at 12:40 pm Reason: Edit to add link.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:02 pm

Back to the original question, is there a LH lounge open at Frankfurt for premium class passengers? If not, is any lounge available for business class LH passengers. I will be there on June 12 from 12:20pm to 9:50pm.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:27 pm

Back to the original question, is there a LH lounge open at Frankfurt for premium class passengers? If not, is any lounge available for business class LH passengers. I will be there on June 12 from 12:20pm to 9:50pm.
You’ll probably find the answer with a visit to this thread:

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

You might find the FT search feature helpful in the future.
Old May 29, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
You’ll probably find the answer with a visit to this thread:

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

You might find the FT search feature helpful in the future.
I was just about to search for that thread but you found it for me. Vielen Danke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.