Status miles for irreg/skchg rebooking

Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Question Status miles for irreg/skchg rebooking

It seems that LX1077 is cancelled for this and next Thur. I have a ticket MAD-FRA-ZRH-GRU in P for 22 April and am looking how to maximize the earning of award miles (and ideally stay with LX on a flight to GRU) in light of this cancellation. Currently LH sells MAD-FRA-GRU in Z and higher. Will LH rebook me into Z (or higher) also for FRA-GRU or will it rebook me me in P, even if it does not offer this booking class?
Worst case I will ask to be rebooked for MAD-FRA-GVA-ZRH-GRU. Thank you for guidance.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by olm022
It seems that LX1077 is cancelled for this and next Thur. I have a ticket MAD-FRA-ZRH-GRU in P for 22 April and am looking how to maximize the earning of award miles (and ideally stay with LX on a flight to GRU) in light of this cancellation. Currently LH sells MAD-FRA-GRU in Z and higher. Will LH rebook me into Z (or higher) also for FRA-GRU or will it rebook me me in P, even if it does not offer this booking class?
Worst case I will ask to be rebooked for MAD-FRA-GVA-ZRH-GRU. Thank you for guidance.
If you're crediting miles to Miles&More, you would get status miles respective to P and award miles on what you paid regardless of which fare class they rebook. ( unless there is something I don't know )
If you're crediting to a partner FFP, most likely you would get Z miles.

Lufthansa would be happy to book you into Z fare class if there is no P fare class availability.
By the way, I don't see any barriers why you shouldn't be rebooked on MAD-FRA-GVA-ZRH-GRU if there is availability and you request it.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you're crediting miles to Miles&More, you would get status miles respective to P and award miles on what you paid regardless of which fare class they rebook. ( unless there is something I don't know )
If you're crediting to a partner FFP, most likely you would get Z miles.

Lufthansa would be happy to book you into Z fare class if there is no P fare class availability.
By the way, I don't see any barriers why you shouldn't be rebooked on MAD-FRA-GVA-ZRH-GRU if there is availability and you request it.
Thanks for the reply. What I am really after is status miles, given the current promotion with Miles and More. In my experience, award miles are credited based on what they rebook (on all occasions when I had to be rebooked and got bumped to higher booking class, it was that class that was used to credit award miles). I wonder whether the fact that LH does not sell P class on MAD-GRU route means that the rebooking will also be mapped to a class higher than P. Or whether despite that only Z and up is available, LH will still rebook into the original booking class. Ideally, I would just love to be rebooked into MAD-FRA-GRU into C/D to get 200% of award miles and two times of that under the current promotion. That would earn me enough miles to make it to SEN with this trip :-)

Last edited by olm022; Apr 18, 2021 at 8:20 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Thanks for the reply. What I am really after is award miles, given the current promotion with Miles and More. In my experience, award miles are credited based on what they rebook (on all occasions when I had to be rebooked and got bumped to higher booking class, it was that class that was used to credit award miles). I wonder whether the fact that LH does not sell P class on MAD-GRU route means that the rebooking will also be mapped to a class higher than P. Or whether despite that only Z and up is available, LH will still rebook into the original booking class. Ideally, I would just love to be rebooked into MAD-FRA-GRU into C/D to get 200% of award miles and two times of that under the current promotion. That would earn me enough miles to make it to SEN with this trip :-)
Award miles when ticketed to LH/LX are given per price paid, not according with booking class, distance or segments. Current double status miles promotion is only for status miles, not for award miles.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...atusmiles.html
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Award miles when ticketed to LH/LX are given per price paid, not according with booking class, distance or segments. Current double status miles promotion is only for status miles, not for award miles.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...atusmiles.html
Oh shoot. I meant to type "status". I corrected my original post.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Oh shoot. I meant to type "status". I corrected my original post.
OK, so as your fare basis would remain "P" even though you have been rebooked on a higher fare bucket, you would be earning status miles regarding "P" fare class.
However, you would be able to maximize mileage by adding the FRA & GVA stops.

Also consider upgrading the ZRH-GRU flight to F for additional status miles.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
OK, so as your fare basis would remain "P" even though you have been rebooked on a higher fare bucket, you would be earning status miles regarding "P" fare class.

Whenever I was rebooked by LH and ended up in a higher booking class I earned miles according to the new one, irrespective of the fare basis.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:02 am
Original Poster

My experience is that in case of rebooking, the new class determines the amount of status miles to be awarded.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Whenever I was rebooked by LH and ended up in a higher booking class I earned miles according to the new one, irrespective of the fare basis.
This is true for partner FFP's; not LH M&M.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

I credit only to Miles and More and status miles always posted according to the booking class that I had on the day of the travel. So, in case of being rebooked, new booking class was used by the system to determine the amount of status miles.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:10 pm

My experience is consistent with olm022's from back when I was crediting everything to M&M.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If they rebook you into Z you will get Z SM and sometimes award miles. It seems agents can WL you in P and the bot will rebook and reissue in P, but some just pick the next lowest BK in the service class and reissue the ticket in short notice rebookings.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If they rebook you into Z you will get Z SM and sometimes award miles. It seems agents can WL you in P and the bot will rebook and reissue in P, but some just pick the next lowest BK in the service class and reissue the ticket in short notice rebookings.
indeed, somewhat pity that both A and F earn the same, I almost always end up being Involed into F yet the earning doesn’t change :-(
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
indeed, somewhat pity that both A and F earn the same, I almost always end up being Involed into F yet the earning doesn’t change :-(
Don't forget about O :P
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Don't forget about O :P
Ah - I did forget, as I actually never tried LH/LX redemption. the prices are too good as they are for A class. I use O on ANA or the likes where 10k eur is a bit toooooo much to pay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.