Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade options for Austrian Airlines if on partner ticket stock?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade options for Austrian Airlines if on partner ticket stock?

I have a United ticket stock 016 on Austrian Airlines Economy (L) fare TIA - VIE - IAD, and I'm interested in upgrading just the VIE - IAD leg.

Because it is united ticket stock, smart upgrade / bid upgrade options don't exist afaicantell.
Because VIE - IAD leg is the second leg, I don't think I'll be able to ask day-of cash upgrade offer at Tirana airport.

Does Austrian Airlines allow upgrading once you are on board, or via gate-agent for transit passengers? Would I be able to upgrade just the long-haul leg if I do an online-checkin 24 hours in advance?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The checkin website and agents at the airport can sell you a fixed price upgrade at the day of the departure.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I can confirm I've been offered an upgrade for purchase at check in on VIE-IAD when the ticket was on UA stock.
ashley1245 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:22 am

Anyone know if you can upgrade with cash a flight booked with United Miles but being operated by LH or OS?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
At the airport, most definitely. Beforehand it'll probably be difficult due to the Ticket being issued on 016 stock. I've heard that M&M awards can (sometimes) be upgraded with Cash on the LH website so I think technically it'd possible for UAMP ones as well, if it weren't for the stock they are issued on.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
At the airport, most definitely. Beforehand it'll probably be difficult due to the Ticket being issued on 016 stock. I've heard that M&M awards can (sometimes) be upgraded with Cash on the LH website so I think technically it'd possible for UAMP ones as well, if it weren't for the stock they are issued on.
yes I can confirm M&M awards can be upgraded. Last year I had an economy long haul ticket to FRA bought with miles, an LH seemed to treat it as a regular ticket..I was able to bid/upgrade it paying extra $
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The cash upgrade at checkin is accounted for for with an EMD and they don't touch the original ticket behind it, so ticket stock doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.