Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group Summer 2021 Timetable update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:47 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Thanks, so even if/when the reservation is "cleaned up" by LH there is a need to contact LH (before the deadline) to protect the reservation from auto-cancel?
I would contact them in any case just to be on the safe side. Personally, I will do this later this week / early next week, to be safe.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OK - could you pls update us after the call? Very interested to learn if reservations already "cleaned up" by LH after the schedule changes and cancellations last week (and appearing fine when you look them up now) are really going to be subject to auto-cancel/refund if you don't call LH on/before 15 March
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have a flight SOF-MUC-SFO and back in September that has experienced two significant schedule changes with the recent updates. Since I'm not at all sure that travel between the EU and US will normalise by then, and the rate wasn't particularly advantageous anyway, I'm going to not take any action until 15th March and see what happens with the reservation in the name of science.
R2 and supine like this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Booked DUB-CPT via OTA for July departure. Final return segment has been cancelled and re- accomadated. Can see revised itinerary on LH website but still awaiting notification from OTA. Assume I can cancel in full owing to segment cancellation? Any advice on how long I should wait for OTA to contact me?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can call the OTA anytime and ask for a refund.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | World of Hyatt | Bonvoy Gold Elite
Give it a few days: there is plenty of time until 15 March. I'm quite confident that the cancellation will appear in your Chase itinerary soon. There is no point in contacting Chase before the flight show up as cancelled.

Thank you for the info. I have just checked and UA has finally reflected the cancelled flights. I appreciate your help!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, LH M&M, BAEC
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but LH still has FRA-EDI flights on the schedule from March 25. It seems unlikely to me that these will run given the current hotel quarantine situation, but I do need to get back to Germany and would like to book the return. Less than three weeks out... you would think they would have removed them by now. It is my understanding that the timetable through April has been finalized?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book it and accept a full refund if cancelled. I don't see you loosing anything with this. Either you travel or you get your money back (if cancelled request refund online as it will speed up the refund process significantly)
esledo likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: LH SEN , United Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Gold
OK - could you pls update us after the call? Very interested to learn if reservations already "cleaned up" by LH after the schedule changes and cancellations last week (and appearing fine when you look them up now) are really going to be subject to auto-cancel/refund if you don't call LH on/before 15 March
I got cancellation on 29th March of my flights from 1st May. As well, I have been given a deadline to decide by 15th March. I've clicked the option ' I'll use the ticket later'
Anyway, I've just called LH (the Polish office) and they told me I'd need to decide what to do by my original departure date, so by 1st May in my case - rebook in the same travel class providing there are still seats on sale (but only on LH operated flights and I can change for free domestic departure airport) until the end of LH flights schedule or ask for full refund.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm. I'm a bit perplexed by the answers provided by LH Service Center.

1st agent yesterday (South African I believe): You need to make a decision before the 15 March deadline stated in the email as otherwise the "robot" will put your reservation into the queue for refund. No comment in the reservation can prevent this.

2nd agent today (US accent): Your new flights are confirmed and you can leave everything as it is now and you can wait until the day of departure to make any decision about refund or (invol) rebooking. I will put a note in your reservation about this.

Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can call the OTA anytime and ask for a refund.
Called Gotogate 3 times over the last week as they still haven't reflected the segment change. Today, I asked for a refund and they responded saying the "airline had marked my ticket as no show, so I wasn't entitled "

When I queried how was it possible to be "no show " for flight in August 2021.. they were silent!! I was assured a refund request would be submitted but I'm not convinced

Lesson learned. I'll book direct with LH in future
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will find numerous reports in other threads that GTG is amount the worst. Never ever book with them. Customer service is none-existing.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by MM00LL2
I'll book direct with LH in future
Not sure if it's just the routes / times I book, but to be honest these days the difference in price between OTA and direct with airline is often pretty minimal anyway...
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:49 am

Is it safe to say that what is available on Lufthansa website is the current timetable for the summer and there are much higher chances that if I book now, I might be able to fly in July?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, S21 was amended last week. There is a very good chance that the flights you see now for July will also be operating.

Keep in mind that in case of cancellation or significant schedule change you can always ask for refund, so the risk is minimal. Either you fly as booked or you can get your money back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.