Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Group Summer 2021 Timetable update

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex
I am booked on SFO-MUC-OTP on 29-June in a mix of 2pax in PE and 2 pax in J. There seems to be no availability on SFO-FRA-MUC that day in PE, and the agent I spoke with first time was not able to book me on SFO-LAX-FRA-OTP on the same day, although LH.com shows 8 seats available in PE and United.com shows 2 available.

They are saying my only option is to upgrade the 2 PE seats to J, which I find ridiculous.
According to Expertflyer:
There is availability on SFO-FRA-OTP on 29 June:
Minimum 4 Business Class seats an 6 Premium Economy seats available on the LH operated transatlantic.

Here is the appropriate screenshot that there is availability:
Call UA and tell them you want to be rebooked on these specific flights. Tell the agent the UA marketed flight numbers below.

You might have looked at the UA marketed and operated flight that day which the aircraft doesn't have a Premium Economy cabin.
CAlex likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Thank you!

I am on the phone with United now. They are saying that as marketing agent they don't have access to the same seats, but this is really strange. Online Lufthansa.com shows zero PE availability for that flight on 29-June, while ExpertFlyer shows 6 seats...

Can you see the same availability from LAX that same day?
Old May 26, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thank you!

I am on the phone with United now. They are saying that as marketing agent they don't have access to the same seats, but this is really strange. Online Lufthansa.com shows zero PE availability for that flight on 29-June, while ExpertFlyer shows 6 seats...

Can you see the same availability from LAX that same day?
Much more less availability and only on fare buckets close to full-fare.
4 Business 2 Premium Economy

Old May 26, 2021, 9:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

If I could punch someone right now...

Despite me telling the agent "NO", they rebooked 2pax on SFO-EWR (UA Y) / EWR-FRA (LH PE) / FRA-OTP (LH Y) and then the line suddenly got disconnected.

Absolutely appalling, I hope there are not many in my situation today
Old May 27, 2021, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why don't you give it some time/days? There is more than 4 weeks until end of June and most likely a lot speculative bookings will be cancelled in the meantime/before your travel date. End of June flights are unlikely to depart full.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Since we're talking about LHG flights on UA stock.
I'm trying to (voluntarily) change UA EWR-FRA to LX JFK-ZRH-FRA, long-haul as UA codeshare (UA9715) and the other one under LX number operated by 2L (LX1072).
Expertflyer tells me that P is wide open on both flights for the connection (so technically this should take married segments into account).
When trying to change the flight on UA.com it shows P being zero'd out on LX1072 and thus asks me to pay the fare difference to Z.
Who's wrong, expertflyer or UA?
Old May 27, 2021, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EF is a speculative request to the GDS without a specific context, so it will not necessarily reflect the response you will get when asking the same via United.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I think they are both right, with a twist (as per United agent I spoke to) - United can see that availability but they can't book it as it is not available to them as marketing partner in the same codes. if LH has 6 P seats open, UA would only see 2 of them as an example.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

United can pick LH flight numbers as they are permitted with all eastbound UA fares. And your flight was cancelled, so the alternative doesn't have to be in the same fare bucket as the original ticket.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Update on my tickets:
- I was on call with United yesterday for 6 hours - only frustration
- I went on chat with LH on their website. I asked them nicely to help, despite ticket having been bought with United.
- LH added the needed flights in the right booking classes to the ticket
- United took another 3 calls and wasted 2 hours to remove the flights they added yesterday and to issue the ticket.

I'm just glad this is over, and I hope I don't get to deal with United again on this one...
Old May 27, 2021, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on my tickets:
- I went on chat with LH on their website. I asked them nicely to help, despite ticket having been bought with United.
- United took another 3 calls and wasted 2 hours to remove the flights they added yesterday and to issue the ticket.

I'm just glad this is over, and I hope I don't get to deal with United again on this one...
I'm glad you're done with this.
Enjoy your flight.
CAlex likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on my tickets:

Did you actually have an UA agent working for 6 and 2 hrs respectively working with you, or which part of it was waiting time to get an agent to pick up your call?
Old May 28, 2021, 10:42 am

I had a booking that was impacted by the cancellation (my flight cancelled and booking moved to an earlier flight the same day)... it was done via an OTA and they added this cute message:

Calling LH revealed that the ticket had of course not been reissued and since it was invol I was free to change to whatever date I wanted
Old May 28, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had a booking that was impacted by the cancellation (my flight cancelled and booking moved to an earlier flight the same day)... it was done via an OTA and they added this cute message:

Calling LH revealed that the ticket had of course not been reissued and since it was invol I was free to change to whatever date I wanted
What a sneaky OTA...
I'm glad that LH helped you in this case and not asked you to call your travel agent.
Old May 28, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
LH have been surprisingly accommodating with OTA tickets since the start of the pandemic, I've had to reschedule 5-6 times already and never a single problem. Except that some of my eDreams bookings still show flights in April 2020 😂 but of course the tickets are updated on LH.com itself.

BTW, since I've encountered the exact same issue as oliver2002 with my flight to SFO (departure time changed by a couple of hours), do I still need to call in within two weeks, as was the case a few months ago?
romans likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.