Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK to South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

UK to South Africa

Hello, could anyone kindly advise what a typical price looks like for an economy ticket from a UK regional airport to SA at UK Christmas school holidays?
I can see Economy Basic prices of just under £800pp for a multi city. Outbound to JNB and return from CPT.

This looks acceptable to me, but I have no idea if this is normal, good, or bad.

While I'm here, could someone please confirm that I can change the dates for free, but would need to pay the fare difference? I can't seem to find anything to indicate what kind of date range this applies to (like how far back can I push a flight that is currently inbound first week of 2022).

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Aston100
Hello, could anyone kindly advise what a typical price looks like for an economy ticket from a UK regional airport to SA at UK Christmas school holidays?
I can see Economy Basic prices of just under £800pp for a multi city. Outbound to JNB and return from CPT.

This looks acceptable to me, but I have no idea if this is normal, good, or bad.

While I'm here, could someone please confirm that I can change the dates for free, but would need to pay the fare difference? I can't seem to find anything to indicate what kind of date range this applies to (like how far back can I push a flight that is currently inbound first week of 2022).

Thanks in advance.
I don't know if it's available during Christmas but at the moment LH has a deal fare £705 for a multi-city from London to Johannesburg & Cape Town to London in Premium Economy.
Also, as you mentioned, you would be able to change your flights without any change fee, however, a fare difference would apply in voluntary situations ( this applies for bookings through 28 February 2021 regardless of the travel date ).

If you purchase the ticket far in advance, you would be limited to 365 days after purchase unless there is a new waiver or an extension offered by Lufthansa so purchasing today would mean that travel should be completed until mid-January 2022.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't know if it's available during Christmas but at the moment LH has a deal fare £705 for a multi-city from London to Johannesburg & Cape Town to London in Premium Economy.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Where are you seeing this multi city offer please?
I did some random dates in Google Flights, and cannot see anything special in PE to SA from the UK.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.