Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More

Is it just me or LH call center line is constantly malfunctioning?

Is it just me or LH call center line is constantly malfunctioning?

Old Jul 26, 22, 6:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Originally Posted by pdeut View Post
Is it just me or are they completely swamped? German HON line is giving the busy tone to me
They just cancelled 345+678 flights for tomorrow based on a strike that was announced yesterday. Seriously. What would you do?
MichielR likes this.
Old Jul 26, 22, 6:23 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL DM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
They just cancelled 345+678 flights for tomorrow based on a strike that was announced yesterday. Seriously. What would you do?
I do understand that, however it is surprising that even LH's phone lines couldn't handle the surge, seeing as to how many people they are capable of having on hold simultaneously.
In LH's position, I would have stuck to their first idea of announcing cancellations late last night, to allow all of these 150k+ people to be rebooked over many more hours.

Edit: for the record, I would've striked too if I was in the position of many LH staff. I do not feel bad for LH one bit about this messit's just karma in action.
chris63, FlyerLX and sw1x like this.
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:03 am

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pdeut View Post
I do understand that, however it is surprising that even LH's phone lines couldn't handle the surge, seeing as to how many people they are capable of having on hold simultaneously.
In LH's position, I would have stuck to their first idea of announcing cancellations late last night, to allow all of these 150k+ people to be rebooked over many more hours.

Edit: for the record, I would've striked too if I was in the position of many LH staff. I do not feel bad for LH one bit about this messit's just karma in action.
Exactly, LH modus operandi look after LH interests first & later the pax. & yes, under remunerating the Staff is LHs fault
pdeut likes this.
Old Jul 26, 22, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I would have paid the Staff sufficiently, then no strike & none of this carnage for LH pax

Its not like the Verdi request is excessive
sw1x and pdeut like this.
Old Jul 27, 22, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
I would have paid the Staff sufficiently, then no strike & none of this carnage for LH pax

Its not like the Verdi request is excessive
It also doesn't help when management is so greedy to have their base salaries increased by 12% - 15% (admittedly variable compensation was 0, but that's in character in a situation where presumably all targets were missed) when they started to massively lay-off staff during the pandemic.
The supervisory board and management have lost a lot of credibilty - and if I were working for LH today I would insist to be compensated at least on a pro-rata basis.
chris63 and pdeut like this.
Old Jul 27, 22, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by sw1x View Post
It also doesn't help when management is so greedy to have their base salaries increased by 12% - 15% (admittedly variable compensation was 0, but that's in character in a situation where presumably all targets were missed) when they started to massively lay-off staff during the pandemic.
The supervisory board and management have lost a lot of credibilty - and if I were working for LH today I would insist to be compensated at least on a pro-rata basis.
Yes, fairness needs to be demonstrated in a good business

The callcentre couldn't cope before strikes, its beyond appalling now
pdeut likes this.
Old Jul 27, 22, 6:14 am

The call center line also gave the busy tone for me. The LH bot was hopeless to offer anything beyond two optiona for my cancelled flight. Thankfully my TA was immediately available and could rebook me on the flight I needed. First time I have ever been so let down by LH. Such a pity because apart from this, I had a pretty good experience in recent trips.
pdeut likes this.

Search this Thread