Is it just me or LH call center line is constantly malfunctioning?

Old May 31, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Is German language option for LH call center faster than English option?

Called LH reservations today about a schedule change, chose English language option, held for 25 minutes and then was disconnected. Called again using the English option and was told due to high volumes they are not even taking calls and I should call back later. Would choosing the German language option get me to an agent faster? I can speak enough German to explain the flights I want to change to, just would be easier in English. I have no status with LH (Star Gold due to United status).
The "German" agents speak perfect English so you can try selecting that option and speak to them in either language.

It might not be quicker as during DACH business hours they are in demand from folks who want assistance in German. But worth a try.
pdeut likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by supine
The "German" agents speak perfect English so you can try selecting that option and speak to them in either language.

It might not be quicker as during DACH business hours they are in demand from folks who want assistance in German. But worth a try.
Many thanks, I will try during off-hours.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Is German language option for LH call center faster than English option?

Called LH reservations today about a schedule change, chose English language option, held for 25 minutes and then was disconnected. Called again using the English option and was told due to high volumes they are not even taking calls and I should call back later. Would choosing the German language option get me to an agent faster? I can speak enough German to explain the flights I want to change to, just would be easier in English. I have no status with LH (Star Gold due to United status).
Personally, I use the German agents (who also speak English) when I want someone competent, and the english agents when I want a favor done. Wait times are comparable and vary based on DACH/ROW business hours. YMMV of course.
hugolover and bobhope2 like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:29 am

With the English (Philippines) option, it is normally quicker to reach an agent. However there is a high probability that they will just disconnect you if they think your request is too complex.

The German line takes longer on hold but they are generally more competent.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by pdeut
Personally, I use the German agents (who also speak English) when I want someone competent, and the english agents when I want a favor done. Wait times are comparable and vary based on DACH/ROW business hours. YMMV of course.
Good insights on German vs English language agents. Many thanks.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by bobhope2
With the English (Philippines) option, it is normally quicker to reach an agent. However there is a high probability that they will just disconnect you if they think your request is too complex.

The German line takes longer on hold but they are generally more competent.
Interesting to hear they are from the Philippines. I called the English line a few months ago to make another itinerary change after a segment was canceled and after a 45 minute wait got someone I though was Indian and who was excellent (I already knew what alternative flights I wanted, and he got approval and made the changes). The added element of being disconnected is a reason to maybe call the German line as I was definitely disconnected today after holding a long time. Thanks!
pdeut likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:09 pm

I am trying to get thru Swiss air to complain and start a compensation after I got denied boarding due to their negligence. So far no luck.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bobhope2
they will just disconnect you if they think your request is too complex.
Dream job.
hugolover and Deckter like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by eanamule
I got denied boarding
What exactly happened to you?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:44 am

Just to let everyone know, LH is in a complete meltdown again. What started in Europe, came to US now, no lines available. Even if you get through, you get rooted to the Philippines where reps do not know the rules and are helpless. Exact rendition of the 2020 except now they are not able to handle demand.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I managed to get through this evening using the UK number. Waited less than 5 minutes. YMMV.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:49 am

Extensive hold times

Yesterday, it took 1 hr 20 min for 1-866-953-2294 to get answered following several tries and getting busy signal. Trying to get seat assignments that website/app wont do and agent couldnt either ostensibly due to waitlisted upgrade on UA flight. After getting UA to remove the upgrade request, I then called Lufty back and waited 2 h 30 min, then gave up and hung up.

Will I have better luck if I call their # in Germany? Am fluent in German. Any other ideas? I am *A Gold and booked in LH business on one of the segments.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Yesterday, it took 1 hr 20 min for 1-866-953-2294 to get answered following several tries and getting busy signal. Trying to get seat assignments that website/app wont do and agent couldnt either ostensibly due to waitlisted upgrade on UA flight. After getting UA to remove the upgrade request, I then called Lufty back and waited 2 h 30 min, then gave up and hung up.

Will I have better luck if I call their # in Germany? Am fluent in German. Any other ideas? I am *A Gold and booked in LH business on one of the segments.
Most probably not in these days.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yep, seat assignments with cleared or waitlisted UGs are a problem ... always. You can try sending an Email to [email protected] ... they are technically for First Class only, but they might help with something as simple as a seat assignment in business as well.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:32 am

If they actually fixed their $hit IT and have it allow passengers to take care of a bunch of simple tasks, maybe the wait times for everyone wouldnt be so bad. Unbelievable.
kai.lileboo and bobhope2 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.