Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it just me or LH call center line is constantly malfunctioning?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I called recently the normal Swiss ticketing line. They system said. "Estimated waiting time: 2 mins"

After 20 mins I hung up...
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I called recently the normal Swiss ticketing line. They system said. "Estimated waiting time: 2 mins"

After 20 mins I hung up...
This happens when you call the LH numbers too... The recorded message with "estimated waiting time" is very much a joke. However, Mindpearl (the LX contractors on the island of Fiji) don't usually hang up if they find your question too complex in the way that the LH call handlers in CPT and MNL often do.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Update on the tense situation at Lufthansa Service Centers: reasons and solutions

The doorbell rings, the neighbour stands at the door and complains: “What’s the matter with you? I’ve been on hold with you for hours and just can’t get through! Why don’t you do something about it?” By “you” he means the Service Centre of Lufthansa Group and by “not getting through” he describes the waiting time on the phone because he wants information about a flight. Many colleagues are currently experiencing this: Friends, family members, or neighbours complain about the waiting times at Service Centres. One explanation for the currently extended waiting times is that the number of calls to the Service Centers is far above the forecasts, and the duration of the calls is much longer than usual. The complexity of customer enquiries has increased significantly; this is due to complex rebooking requests, constantly changing travel regulations, flight schedule changes that again force rebookings, and various document checks.

“The workload has increased significantly in recent weeks and months. I know that we are currently nowhere near the level of service we want to offer our customers. Unfortunately, most rebookings or questions about travel restrictions are asked directly over the phone, which means that we sometimes have 80 percent more calls than expected”, says Carsten Wirths, Head of Customer Servicing B2C, Lufthansa Group.

Possible solutions

Wirths and his team have recognised the situation and are working on solutions at full speed: For several months, a major recruitment wave has been underway at Lufthansa InTouch (LIT), the organisational home of the Service Centres worldwide. So far, more than one hundred new colleagues have been hired and trained. They are still in the induction phase, but are becoming more confident and thus faster. By the end of the year, more than 300 new positions will be filled worldwide. Recruitment is also taking place within the Group, as well as with service providers, to help cope with the increased demand. All available resources in all internal Service Centres are currently fully utilised, in some cases even overloaded. In addition, voluntary overtime is being worked, colleagues have postponed their holidays to assist in the current situation. At the same time, the call-routing strategy is being optimized by adjusting the greeting announcements, where customer are asked to call later if the request is not urgent or asked to use the self-service options on the Lufthansa Group websites. The websites are constantly being adapted to the current situation.

“We want to serve our customers on the channel that is most relevant for them, also on the phone, but at the moment we have to set priorities”, says Carsten Wirths. With this he means improved communication, for example in the rebooking information to customers and self-service options should lead to the avoidance of calls. “Through recruiting efforts and the multitude of measures, the joint efforts of all Service Centre colleagues, we hope to have stabilized the system after working through the winter schedule cancellations”, the manager is certain. And when the neighbour rings the doorbell in the future, hopefully all he will be missing is some sugar or comes over for a chat.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I think they have technical issues with the phone as well. since ages. I get connected and end up in Nirvana.

but there are training issues, too. Today I finally got through... wanted to book different seats. Web did not allow me to select the "STAR"ed seats, although I am SEN. Agent said the seat is blocked, I said "no", they are available. I was put on hold a couple of times, then 2 of 4 seats dissappeared in my reservation, and after 32 Minutes I got disconnected.
At least the agent re-assigned my previous seats...
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:11 pm

And another 95 min. This time the UK hotline at 10:30pm. No dice. CAN YOU HEAR ME, LUFTHANSA??!!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL LOL, Mosaic, UAL Silver, MR Titanium
Why did Lufthansa et al cancel all phone support?

I booked a transatlantic P fare with Swiss and just received an email that my departure date has been changed, and to call them if this is not acceptable. It isn't, so I called (833-626-0737).

After consenting to the call monitoring, the line goes completely dead but doesn't disconnect.

When I call the mothership (Lufthansa - 800-645-3880), the phone system tells me that they cannot be bothered to take calls any more and then hangs up.

Are there any other ways to reach Swiss via phone? I used to think of them as a premium carrier and booked with them expecting premium customer service. This seems to have been a big mistake.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When is your travel date? If not for a few weeks, just wait then try again
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:28 pm

The notice gave me a deadline about 2 weeks out. Based on customer service no longer being available, it isn't clear to me that either airline will still be in business by the time of the flight. Perhaps my safest option is to cancel rebook with another carrier.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10 October?

Yes, you should do that, it's reasonable to assume that LH might be out of business by then because they might be unable to pay their phone bill.

I would take the refund.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:39 pm

If they're canceling flights and have closed their call centers, it's possible that I'm already too late.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chargeback?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:27 pm

I will borrow a Swiss phone number from Skype tomorrow and try calling them from that.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:08 pm

I called the HK (+852 2868 2313) number recently, no wait, efficient service.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CptnInc
If they're canceling flights and have closed their call centers, it's possible that I'm already too late.
The call centres are not closed, just completely overloaded.

They cleaned up the winter schedule (at least through the end of 2021) cancelling and rescheduling a bunch of flights, so of course every affected passenger is trying to call them right now.

Just wait and try in a few days.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
Originally Posted by red star
and another 95 min. This time the uk hotline at 10:30pm. No dice. Can you hear me, lufthansa??!!
they do not care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.