Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Redemptions on domestic United?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue; Miles & More Frequent Traveller; Marriott Rewards Gold;
M&M Redemptions on domestic United?

Hi everyone.

I'm struggling to find any US domestic availability on Miles & More. Have United removed partner availability? Putting in any date, route, fare class combination simply comes up with the error of "We could not find a suitable flight offer for the travel period/route you have requested."

Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
so just to be sure, you plugged these flights into united.com without logging in and they showed 'X' as available for 'saver award'? LH should be able to book these. Have you tried calling?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue; Miles & More Frequent Traveller; Marriott Rewards Gold;
Hi. Yes there’s availability on United.com but unable to book through Miles & More online.

I haven’t called them yet but will do that as a next step.

Just as a side note, when you put in any US city pair there’s no availability (and the reward availability bar chart disappears). If you put, say LAX as the starting point and a city in Asia as the destination, then partner availability works. So it may be a United inventory issue. In any case I’ll give them a call and see what’s bookable.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:21 am

Could it be that they are operating married segment availability for awards like AA do? I know that with BA's online award booking engine, it's unable to search for married sector award availability on AA (the engine looks sector by sector), but if you call and explain the situation, agents can do it offline. Perhaps UA and LH have a similar issue?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Data point - I've just had the same problem. Availability showing on Expertflyer and united.com, and in the preview page on the M&M website, but fails when trying to select specific dates.

I called M&M and they booked it manually.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Data point - I've just had the same problem. Availability showing on Expertflyer and united.com, and in the preview page on the M&M website, but fails when trying to select specific dates.

I called M&M and they booked it manually.
Was it for a connecting flight, or a non-stop?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just to say, I think that these UNITED mileage redemptions with M&M miles can be a really good deal, a.sort of sweet spot depending where you want to go (I could never get Hawaii with miles however, unsurprisingly). I suspect that the bigger distance you fly, the better the deal is with miles. Miles & More has exactly the same award chart for the whole continental US, doesn't it? By contrast, Avios have different levels according to how far you fly.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
Just to say, I think that these UNITED mileage redemptions with M&M miles can be a really good deal, a.sort of sweet spot depending where you want to go (I could never get Hawaii with miles however, unsurprisingly). I suspect that the bigger distance you fly, the better the deal is with miles. Miles & More has exactly the same award chart for the whole continental US, doesn't it? By contrast, Avios have different levels according to how far you fly.
yes, domestic UA and SQ is the best for M&M. No YQ which makes this a very good deal. A ton of UA availability these days ... if one needs it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.