F lounge access Heathrow & Singapore

Old Dec 25, 20, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
F lounge access Heathrow & Singapore

Hi,

The latest 2 for 1 sale made me book my first paid F ticket. Me and my friend try to do a flying trip once a year. So we'll be going to SIN and back for 1 week and enjoying all the pleasures to comes with first class flying . On my bucket list for years. We booked LHR - FRA - SIN and the return on Swiss through ZRH.

Since LHR to FRA is in C, but the longest segment is in F, do people have experience with getting F lounge access @ LHR? I've read United might have the best lounge experience. Although you have to take a long walk..

Cannot find a lot of information for SIN. I believe Krisflyer is your only choice, no access to The Private Room though.
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:26 am

Programs: LH HON
When is your flight?

there is no F lounge at LHR and most facilities at all airports are closed.

in normal times, you would get SEN lounge at LHR, FCL at FRA and SQ FCL (not The private room) at SIN.
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:30 am

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
Hi,

The latest 2 for 1 sale made me book my first paid F ticket. Me and my friend try to do a flying trip once a year. So we'll be going to SIN and back for 1 week and enjoying all the pleasures to comes with first class flying . On my bucket list for years. We booked LHR - FRA - SIN and the return on Swiss through ZRH.

Since LHR to FRA is in C, but the longest segment is in F, do people have experience with getting F lounge access @ LHR? I've read United might have the best lounge experience. Although you have to take a long walk..

Cannot find a lot of information for SIN. I believe Krisflyer is your only choice, no access to The Private Room though.
No F lounge access at LHR since your departure is in J

At SIN you use the SQ F lounge , TPR is only for SQ F or Suites

Of course all of them are currently closed.
Old Dec 25, 20, 3:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Just to be clear, there’s no F lounge access at LHR because there isn’t an F lounge at LHR. There’s a business and senator lounge. No clue what’s open.
Old Dec 25, 20, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Frankly, the chance to enter Singapore for a tourist from Europe without 14 day quarantine is nil in the next six months, and small for the rest of 2021.
Old Dec 25, 20, 6:33 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Not if Singapore implements immunity or vaccine certificates, which as a pretty efficient and effective government they are very capable of putting in place very quickly. I understand that they’re very close to putting it up.

As a country that lives on international commerce, they know they need to make things better as soon as possible. I get that the US and U.K. have forgotten that, but Singapore hasn’t.
Old Dec 25, 20, 7:30 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Not if Singapore implements immunity or vaccine certificates, which as a pretty efficient and effective government they are very capable of putting in place very quickly. I understand that they’re very close to putting it up.

As a country that lives on international commerce, they know they need to make things better as soon as possible. I get that the US and U.K. have forgotten that, but Singapore hasn’t.
thats why they already allow business trips but not tourists.

also, so far it remains unclear if the vaccine protects you also from infecting others. You might still be contagious...
MeltingAlf likes this.
Old Dec 25, 20, 10:30 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post

You might have missed the memo. Singapore is opening up for only business travellers, but not in the way you think it will. They can only enter with no quarantine if they intend to do business in a facility/hotel where they will be effectively sheltered away from the local population, and will be shuttled in special vehicles to and fro the airport. If OP expects to use the lounges on such a scheme - dream on. Even people on stopover in SQ flights now are kept separately at a separate part of SIN for the entirety of their layover, obviously without lounge access. If OP intends to enter Singapore for just 7 days as a tourist - it's going to be ridiculously hard since most of not all European countries have to serve a 7/14 day SHN once entering the country; notwithstanding the fact that they're never going to get approval to come in as a tourist under the current circumstances.

Singapore knows international commerce can only resume when the pandemic is over, and they're not going to squander their well-won progress with the pandemic by opening it up en-masse to foreign tourists. And Singapore can afford to wait. They've already thrown out four emergency budgets and can easily afford a lot more - there's sufficient financial support that often is a sticking point in most other countries.

The Prime Minister has said that Phase 3 might last a year or longer; and that they only expect to finish vaccinating whoever wants one by Q3. I'd say OP chances of getting in as a European tourist is going to be quite slim unless it's towards the later part of 2021, and only if 1) the pandemic situation improves for Europe, and 2) vaccination etc. has been rolled up as fast or faster than expected.

Last edited by MeltingAlf; Dec 25, 20 at 10:35 am
Old Dec 27, 20, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Well thanks for all the information (thumbs up) and dark messaging (thumbs down).

Of course I know SIN is currently closed and we took a risk booking this ticket. It's just something to look forward too and hoping that in 6 months the world is in a better place. We booked for August 2021.

Meanwhile, I just like to research and see what we can make of the trip. Half the fun is in the preparation.

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Dec 27, 20 at 3:24 pm
Old Dec 30, 20, 5:31 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
I would have booked a ticket to Brazil if the destination is anyway not important. They let almost everyone in w/o any issues. Have been there myself last month for a private purpose.
Old Dec 31, 20, 10:34 am

If open in these times, there is a SQ First lounge in the satellite terminal T2B. No one else has one in T2. It is a long walk to get there from the main terminal, T2A, where LH departs from but if you have the time you can experience it and all the other J lounges too. I do not see much of a difference between the LH J and SEN lounges, I usually look at the food offering in both and stay in the lounge that has my choice. They are next to each other and access to the SEN one is easy, just wander in as almost never staffed or with the boarding card reader operating.
Old Jan 1, 21, 3:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
If open in these times, there is a SQ First lounge in the satellite terminal T2B. No one else has one in T2. It is a long walk to get there from the main terminal, T2A, where LH departs from but if you have the time you can experience it and all the other J lounges too. I do not see much of a difference between the LH J and SEN lounges, I usually look at the food offering in both and stay in the lounge that has my choice. They are next to each other and access to the SEN one is easy, just wander in as almost never staffed or with the boarding card reader operating.
While it's true that there is a SQ F lounge, he won't be able to access it with his LH ticket as the flight ex LHR is only in J (it doesn't matter that the flight is only a feeder to an F journey).
ISTFlyer, lhrpete and Greenpen like this.
Old Jan 1, 21, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
As mentioned by other -> vaccinated people can still infect other non-vaccinated people. It is not proven otherwise. Singapore would have to vaccinate around 80-90% of its population to be protected from getting serious diseases by influxing tourists.
Moreover, the world is still fearing that virus mutations may cause vaccinations to fail -> so it is not a good idea to let the virus spread, even if virtually all people are vaccinated against it. The virus may hit a compromised immun system and replicate into a new mutation that beats the vaccine.

It's just something to look forward too and hoping that in 6 months the world is in a better place. We booked for August 2021.
I agree with you that the Pandemic will have slowed down in 6 months - at least the number of deaths and hospitalizations will have significantly decreased. Most European countries and the USA will have opened their border already. But Singapore - No!
Old Feb 6, 21, 11:30 am

BA have just cancelled my flight LHR-SIN for the end of April... gutted, but I knew it was coming. Was in First too, which I want to enjoy when it's all open again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: