Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future of 747-8? Likelihood on FRA-LAX / SFO in August?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Future of 747-8? Likelihood on FRA-LAX / SFO in August?

Hi,

I would like to fly the 747-8 in First class.

I am looking at either FRA-LAX or FRA-SFO in August.

Does the board want to guess at the likelihood of either route staying with the 747-8? Obviously it would be disappointing if there was an equipment change.

Thanks,
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Hi,

I would like to fly the 747-8 in First class.

I am looking at either FRA-LAX or FRA-SFO in August.

Does the board want to guess at the likelihood of either route staying with the 747-8? Obviously it would be disappointing if there was an equipment change.

Thanks,
LAX would be the most likely of those 2 IMO to guarantee F on LH, if all fails you could get rebooked to LX, not the end of the world since it’s a better hard product
SFO777 and ba_cityflyer like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Slightly different scenario: If one has a booking on a 747 and the equipment changes, will LH allow a re-route to a city that still has that aircraft? Or refund? (longshot, I know...) I couldn't care less where the plane goes but would hate to book a 747 and end up with something else and no way to change.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Slightly different scenario: If one has a booking on a 747 and the equipment changes, will LH allow a re-route to a city that still has that aircraft? Or refund? (longshot, I know...) I couldn't care less where the plane goes but would hate to book a 747 and end up with something else and no way to change.
Unlikely. LH agrees in your ticket to fly you from A to B not to fly you on X aircraft. Now, if you the equipment change caused you to lose your class of service (i.e. you booked in F and equipment changed to A350) then you could probably request a re-route or refund.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
No chance your ticket is carriage from A to B , only in the case of a downgrade would a reroute or refund be possible
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Unlikely. LH agrees in your ticket to fly you from A to B not to fly you on X aircraft. Now, if you the equipment change caused you to lose your class of service (i.e. you booked in F and equipment changed to A350) then you could probably request a re-route or refund.
I figured as much. Thank you!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by chris63
No chance your ticket is carriage from A to B , only in the case of a downgrade would a reroute or refund be possible
Many thanks!
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
If there's a downgrade, OP could request rebooking onto LX. But LX doesn't fly to LAX and it's unclear when that route will resume. Maybe SF, depends on to where the LH ticket is booked. The HON line has been good about allowing me to switch cities in that case, but not sure if they're as generous with all F ticket holders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.