Lufthansa Leisure flights op by Eurowings (with SN/SXD equipment)

Old Nov 15, 20, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Senator
Eurowings longhaul (namibia) upgrade offers?

Hi all,

We booked flights via Lufthansa.com from Frankfurt to Windhoek on Eurowings operated by Brussels airlines coming December. So far, when checking the "manage my booking" there is no option to upgrade seats to eco+ and/or biz. Any experience how these are managed with Eurowings long haul flights? May we hope to get these options offered to us at check in (or at the gate?) or should we not be too optimistic? Any perspective would be most welcome. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 4, 20, 4:13 am

Did you manage to find an option to upgrade?

Looking to book the same LH coded Eurowings operated by Brussels flight to Namibia from Frankfurt (with connecting flight by LH) so wonder if there's a way to get upgraded on such ticket.

Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 20, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Lufthansa Leisure flights op by Eurowings (with SN/SXD equipment)

Hello all,

Looking for a couple flights in June from Frankfurt to Anchorage and return. EW website shows "For upcoming flights to Anchorage, look at June 2021."

When I look at June 2021, it shows highlighted days of flight on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. But when I choose any of those dates, it returns with "No flight date was found. Please choose a different date or routing."

So, I'm left with questions:

1. Are there actually direct flights by EW on this route?
2. If so, does anyone here know when they will be loaded?
3. If not, what are some other wise options in minimizing travel time FRA-ANC? (Note: I don't consider Condor a wise option)

EW doesn't have the answers when I call.

Thanks!

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 20, 20 at 7:27 am
Old Dec 7, 20, 7:33 am

Programs: this and that
Have you checked lh.com? I was able to get fares for this route directly via LH (LH codeshare EW / Op by SN).
Old Dec 8, 20, 4:16 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Flights and fares are loaded in the CRS both for EW and LH (same flights, different prices and conditions). Weird that you can't book on the EW website.
Old Dec 8, 20, 4:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I wonder whether these are primarily cargo flights and they are testing whether there is any pax demand to actualy staff them with crew etc...
Old Dec 8, 20, 6:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
Have you checked lh.com? I was able to get fares for this route directly via LH (LH codeshare EW / Op by SN).
I have. When checking on lh.com, I am only provided routings with one or two stops. Nothing non-stop. (And horrendous pricing IMO.)

Strangely, using opodo, I am able to pull down the non-stops LH5428 and LH5429 and get pricing for them, but these aren't visible to me on lh.com.

Last edited by Grog; Dec 8, 20 at 6:30 am
Old Dec 8, 20, 7:23 am

I can't see the direct flights on lh.com any longer, too. Weird.
Old Dec 8, 20, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Once filed, these will be sold as LH54xx under their new leisurewings concept. EW will not sell/market these longhaul flights under their flight number.
Old Dec 8, 20, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa
FRA - WDH - Which plane?

Hello,

I have a flight booked FRA to WDH on 24.12.20, returning on 17th of January flying in business on an A330-300. The flight was booked through the Lufthansa site but it's "Operated by Brussels Airlines for Eurowings". Is there any way I can find out which layout this flight will have? I've tried Expert Flyer, which shows a configuration of 2 / 2 / 2, which is the same that the LH website offers me, but if I look on the Brussels Airline website, they only show a 1 / 2 / 1 configuration. Eurowings doesn't have any A330's in their fleet. I travel solo and I would prefer a window, but on Expert flyer the return flight shows all windows as being taken with only aisle seats available. Question is, are the windows actually taken or is it the 1 / 2 / 1 configuration which blocks the window seat?

Sorry, I know, very complicated question and I realise that there is always the chance of a plane change but if anyone has any experience with Brussels Airlines (operating on someone else's behalf) and knows what I can expect, then that would be great.

Thanks very much.
Old Dec 8, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
I believe you will find that these 330s are ex Sun Express Germany aircraft and that they do indeed have a 2-2-2 configuration unlike the regular Brussels Airlines 330s which have a stagerred arrangement of 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 or whatever it is. I've never really been able to figure it out...

I have booked BER-FRA-WDH return for November 2021 over the phone with Miles & More and they confirmed the 2-2-2 configuration at that time.

LH codeshare flight number on a Eurowings flight operated by Brussels Airlines on an ex Sun Express Germany aircraft - seems to me there are are quite a number of corners to go around here.
Old Dec 8, 20, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Once filed, these will be sold as LH54xx under their new leisurewings concept. EW will not sell/market these longhaul flights under their flight number.
About 4-6 weeks back these flights were already selectable (bookable?) via lh.com so I find it odd that they got removed...
Old Dec 8, 20, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa
Thank you very much for your response, that explains things. I also did some more searching and it looks like there are 4 planes which are operated by Brussels Airlines for Eurowings (where they originally came from I couldn't work out, but probably Sunexpress) but obviously they're not the fancy ones with the new business class layout which Brussels show on their website. A shame, I would have quite liked the throne seat and the Brussels Airline layout looks much nicer in general.

Yes, there are certainly a number of corners involved - funny enough you can't book the Business Class seat on the Eurowings website but only on the Lufthansa one. Very bizarre!

Thanks again!
Grog and AlienInTheFatherland like this.
Old Dec 8, 20, 2:01 pm

The DOT has to approve the operating airline for such complex situations (EW for LH op by SN). I will check the current DOT OST tomorrow to see what the status of the application is...
Grog likes this.
Old Dec 8, 20, 3:00 pm

If you look at the DOT permits (page 14 here: https://beta.regulations.gov/docket/...eTo=2020-12-08) SN can fly for LH, not EW. I think it is one of the factors, but not the only one.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: