Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Leisure flights op by Eurowings (with SN/SXD equipment)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 8:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some info... the LH flight numbers are just tempoary:

Long-haul tourist routes ‘Purple Moon’ under LH flight number as of now

On 05 May 2021, all “Purple Moon” flights on long-haul tourist routes (FRA-WDH, PUJ, MRU, BGI, MBJ, VRA, LAS, ANC) with departures from 01 June 2021 will be switched to Lufthansa. This marks the end of the Lufthansa Group’s previous long-haul tourist structure, which was known internally as “Purple Moon.” The commercial responsibility of the tourist long-haul route was already transferred from Eurowings to Lufthansa with the start of the winter flight schedule 2019/2020 and is now also visible in the flight number – from EW to LH. Flight times will remain the same.

The reason for this is the decision, which was made some time ago, not to continue the “Purple Moon” operation from FRA under the Eurowings brand beyond May 2021, but to offer long-haul tourist routes out of Frankfurt in the future under the new AOC Eurowings Discover (IATA code 4Y). With Eurowings Discover, the long-haul tourist routes will be managed operationally and commercially from a single source in the future, which will significantly reduce complexity.

Until the final approval of the AOC by the LBA for Eurowings Discover, the routes will be temporarily published under LH code. It is currently planned that Eurowings Discover will start its flight operations in August after receiving the AOC. Once the AOC is received, flights will be changed to 4Y and existing bookings will be rebooked to 4Y. Affected customers were informed about the change via email today.
Baker421 likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I (re) booked FRA-WDH-FRA today as a reward flight in March/April next year. Flight numbers now showing as LH 570 and 571.
Different scheduling on the return, with both flights being night flights . On the previous four-figure LH flight number "operated by Brussels Airlines for Eurowings" the return from WDH was daytime.

So if I have understood it correctly these flights will at some time be rebooked to Eurowings Discover and I wonder 1) will the flight timing of the return change back to daytime and 2) if they are Eurowings flights will I benefit from the lower taxes and charges vs. the LH ones?
Old May 19, 2021, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some more details on the shift.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_150236.pdf (303.8 KB, 64 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.