Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON/SEN/*G lounge guest rules to change from 'same day' to 'same flight' in May 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HON/SEN/*G lounge guest rules to change from 'same day' to 'same flight' in May 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover
What else was discussed? As our Representative, and just a pax, can you inform us of anything else interesting?
The main topic was F&B: New BoB, changes in VIE lounge, catering in Covid19, changes in catering onboard, lounge catering, why OS gets no water under the new concept, etc. Nothing really new was answered to our questions that we FTers already don't know. Hence I didn't post anything yet. I'll try to post some other tidbits in the BoB thread. The other topic was postponement of the M&M status system. I bought up the lounge guesting topic in the end.
Dave_C, more4less and hugolover like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
When I asked if this was really such a big issue, he indicated that if it wasn't a big issue it wouldn't have been raised. From the ensuing discussion I got the impression that it was significant enough to warrant a change.
Well, everything which impacts the bottom line is significant for them. Be it big or small. And of course they won't say in such a call: Well, we just save every penny possible because we are broke. You will get the answer to your question: "Is it really a problem which needs to be addressed?" "Of course it is, why else would we try to address it?"
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems the initiative to make the change predates the covid pandemic. We were quite pesky on this topic and drilled on it from various aspects. For example LH will continue to allow the unlimited family guesting policy because they know that it is one of the important aspects of HON & SEN that the members value highly. The *G access to SEN will stay even though it costs more per guest under normal (non pandemic) conditions.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:48 am

It seems the initiative to make the change predates the covid pandemic.
LH (and all major carriers) has been aggressively cost optimizing for the last few years. So even if this predates the Covid19 crisis, that doesn't make my thought any less correct: They are saving their bottom line
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As LH is flogging lounge access for 39 EUR to Y pax, I would not rule out Priority Pass being introduced. From a revenue perspective I am sure the payment is many times what the SDR reimbursement is and please remember, their entire mentality is transactional. I wouldn't expect it to last though, as that is a final coffin peg for high cost, low service SH that LH offers.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
The other topic was postponement of the M&M status system.
thank you for communicating Oliver... What is the news on the new status system, please?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:11 pm

See the other thread?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:47 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Thanks for clarifying this for us Oliver!
Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:51 am

UNited has moved forward too: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...-5-3-21-a.html
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:53 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
A3, too.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Is this same flight rule strictly enforced? I am travelling with one of my parents (same family name), our LH flights depart wiithin 20 minutes of each other, as *G is it worth asking? No big problem if not, but if we were likely to get in, I'd ask.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dan72
Is this same flight rule strictly enforced? I am travelling with one of my parents (same family name), our LH flights depart wiithin 20 minutes of each other, as *G is it worth asking? No big problem if not, but if we were likely to get in, I'd ask.
As your BP’s are scanned it should show that your not on the same flights & therefore your guest isn’t eligible but you could always try
Dan72 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is really a stupid rule for situations like this. Who is this going to help?
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
This is really a stupid rule for situations like this. Who is this going to help?
Yes,
LH are in desperate Dan save cash mode ... Probably costs them more in the long run from disgruntled pax being caught up in it ...
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am wondering - I might have a flight with my wife and parents. Is F lounge guesting as HON allowed for whole family or just wife?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.