Changes to tickets bought under companion deals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:47 pm
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Changes to tickets bought under companion deals

Hello all,

LX and LH currently have very good F/J companion deals from the UK. I would like to give them my pounds
but first I want to better understand their COVID rebooking policy. If I want to change the ticket, they won't
charge me a change fee, but a fare difference might be due. Am I right into thinking that since these are quite
cheap tickets that fare difference could be a very hefty one? Or do I just need availability in the same booking class?

Many thanks
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
If you change before first segment departure, you will be subject to whatever fares are available at the moment of change. As an example, normal A class LHR-BOG is £2900 and companion for 2 costs £3800. If you were to change it after companion sale is finished you would be on the hook for cca £2000 for the 2 of you. Unless there is a schedule change (highly likely) which you then follow SKDCH or INVOL as per guidelines.
bil likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:42 am
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thank you so much, this was the answer I was looking for!
Would I be able to refund or get a voucher?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by bil
Thank you so much, this was the answer I was looking for!
Would I be able to refund or get a voucher?
If any of the sectors gets cancelled, then yes, you're entitled to a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.