Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Sleeper’s Row: your new Economy Class experience [trial on LH506/7 FRA-GRU vv]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeper’s Row: your new Economy Class experience [trial on LH506/7 FRA-GRU vv]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by NickRivas
For a long flight, it's not a bad price...however, how do you approach it if the flight is more full than expected and someone in a middle row who is not aware of this wants to change seats and sit in your row?
I would feel a bit awkward and really "poor business class" like if I said "sorry this row is entirely mine, you can't sit here" lol and would expect the stink eye haha
Surprisingly easily. I've bought one of these before on another airline and the crew is aware and will help you out if absolutely necessary... one person after takeoff wanted to join my row but I pointed out I had all three seats and they were like 'ok'. On the return flight it started out mostly day time so I wasn't in 'bed mode' yet. The crew placed one of the empty sacks that initially contained economy class headsets on the seat on the aisle - that deterred anyone coming to sit there. The sack went into the overhead at sleep time.

As for the question raised above, normal seatbelts were fine for me - using belts from two seats next to each other to loop around me. If needed an extended would also have done the trick.
rt23456p and NickRivas like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
With seat belts.

I have personally done that while laying across four seats.
So have I on multiple occasions but you need to be relatively thin. And it helps to have three blankets and pillows: the basic row of seats would be pretty uncomfortable on their own.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems the 'sleeper' is coming to all longhaul:

Introduction of the Sleeper’s Row in Lufthansa Economy Class

After a trial run in winter, the Sleeper’s Row is now available for passengers to purchase directly at the gate on long Lufthansa intercontinental flights. Depending on the aircraft (B747-8, A350 and A340V), the Sleeper’s Row consists of a row with three to four seats. The guest is provided on board with a pillow, blanket, mattress and an extension belt and thus has the opportunity to sleep lying down in the purchased row.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Public press release: https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/ne...singapore.html

As of 2nd August, Lufthansa guests traveling in Economy Class on select long-haul flights will have the option of booking a Sleeper’s Row at the check-in or at the gate, before their flight. With this new attractive offer, passengers will receive an entire row of seats for themselves, consisting of three to four adjacent seats, for the entire duration of the flight. This offer comes with a comfortable pillow, blanket and mattress topper of Business Class quality, allowing passengers to fully relax while on board before reaching their final destination. The Safety during the flight is ensured by a special seat belt, which remains fastened even when the passenger is lying down, including separate safety instructions. Furthermore, passengers who book a Sleeper's Row can benefit from pre-boarding, allowing them enter the aircraft earlier than other guests.

Lufthansa offers the Sleeper's Row on long-haul flights of approximately eleven hours or more, for example on routes to the Far East, the United States’ west coast, Central and South America, or southern Africa. The surcharge is between 159 and 229 euros per route. A maximum of three Sleeper's Rows are offered per flight. Reservations in advance are not possible.

Lufthansa tested the Sleeper's Row on the route Frankfurt - São Paulo - Frankfurt for several weeks at the end of last year. The offer received much positive feedback from passengers and was in high demand. The Sleeper's Row is a further step towards more product diversity in Economy Class to meet passengers' wishes for more comfort and individuality. By equipping the new long-haul aircraft, Lufthansa is providing its passengers additional services to make flying even more pleasant.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:09 am

The sleeper seat will now be standard in the new interkont Y cabin:

And you can purchase the option to block the seat next to you:
rt23456p and Deckter like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Coming soon in LH intercontinental Y: purchase the " front seat do not slide down" option
gojko88 and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The sleeper seat will now be standard in the new interkont Y cabin
Nice options, but I wonder how often the blocked middle seat or sleeper row can be booked on longhaul Y flights. In my experience (12 shorthaul and 4 longhaul flights over the summer months), every single flight I was on was completely full.
ty97 and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:27 pm
formerly rt23456p

Coming up next: full Y 787s specially crafted for short-haul flights! Intra-Europe J onboard widebodies.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:06 pm

As already mentioned NZ has been doing this for some time. The "Skycouch". To be done properly the seats have to be different...they have to have the other "seat pan" built in (that swings up and turns the whole surface between rows into a flat (short) bed. The new LH "Sleeper seats" in that photo appear to have that feature, whereas the current "Sleeper Row" does not. They are two different concepts, right? (The LH photo does not show such a feature in the other rows pictured either)

On NZ it is about 6 rows per aircraft..I think. NZ also provides clever seat belt arrangements for when you are lying down, and lots of bedding. Flew LAX-AKL recently in the "Skycouch"..by myself. For about the same price as Premium Economy I got to lie down... brilliant. Yes, you need to lie with knees bent... and the rest of the experience is still Economy... but I suspect LH will find those proper sleeper seats a reasonable investment, as I'm sure NZ has. If not sold as "Sleepers" of course the seats can still be sold.."normally".
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by trooper; Oct 21, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trooper
If not sold as "Sleepers" of course the seats can still be sold.."normally".
It's actually the other way around - it's only when the seats are not sold normally that the sleeper option will be available. Source: LH Twitter.
trooper likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
It's actually the other way around - it's only when the seats are not sold normally that the sleeper option will be available. Source: LH Twitter.
That is interesting. NZ designates the specific rows as "Skycouch" on the seat selection page...one can only select them if paying the upcharge..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.