Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BER Lufthansa Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No other word for it... DUMP

Considering today is the day that LOT finally restored champagne to their Elite (SEN) lounge, it really shows the two airlines in a clear light. Quite frankly, Lufty is a disgrace and should be kicked out of M&M .

Food was...

Bread
Crunchy Pretzels
Savoury creamy gloop and creamy sweet gloop

If you're very fast, some cold beans in a RUSTY jar (with many lids missing but what about the deadly corona?) or cold potato soup in a rusty cup but for 25 mins that was empty and no staff were to be seen, save for the lone receptionist

Gin- finished
Ice-finished

The alcoholic drinks are quite amusing because there is so little for the size of the lounge and the number of pax. Three pax asked for the Gin to be replenished before it was finally done

And staff who quite honestly, couldn't give a crap about their jobs or their pax. Two of the four I saw had masks under their noses. Can we please fly like that in Helga's luxury cabins also?

Of course, many pax take it all on the chin and tuck into Carsten's glorious spread because quite simply, for the vast majority, they literally know no better being victims of Helga's monopoly market

Thankfully in WAW everything was at it should be
lhrpete, chris63 and champus like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=hugolover;33541966]Considering today is the day that LOT finally restored champagne to their Elite (SEN) lounge, it really shows the two airlines in a clear light. Quite frankly, Lufty is a disgrace and should be kicked out of M&am

Gin- finished
Ice-finished

/QUOTE]

Maybe LH are trying to ‘Aspire ‘ to something with their lounge offering ?

No Gin, isn’t that a crime in Germany ?
lhrpete and hugolover like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
There is no doubt that Tempelhof Lounge offering (I fly a lot with IB MAD-BER-MAD) is quite better than LH´s Tegel, except for booze, but I don´t mind it because I only drink beer or wine Anyway, It´s dissappoinging that In Berlin LH offers worse lounge (Tegel) in terms of food than the airport lounge (Tempelhof) accepting any pax from other airlines.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I was there this morning and tbh it was kind of fine for an outstation lounge. Clean, lots of space to sit, natural light.
Not much food but I never look to eat and drink alcohol in SEN lounges so not a problem for me.
Def a step up from the TXL dump
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by Marcin83
There is no doubt that Tempelhof Lounge offering (I fly a lot with IB MAD-BER-MAD) is quite better than LH´s Tegel, except for booze, but I don´t mind it because I only drink beer or wine Anyway, It´s dissappoinging that In Berlin LH offers worse lounge (Tegel) in terms of food than the airport lounge (Tempelhof) accepting any pax from other airlines.
Tempelhof is history since 2008. And at TXL there was always the famous currywurst on offer at the lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those are the names of the contract lounges…
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
I was there this morning and tbh it was kind of fine for an outstation lounge. Clean, lots of space to sit, natural light.
Not much food but I never look to eat and drink alcohol in SEN lounges so not a problem for me.
Def a step up from the TXL dump
If you’re only SEN you probably eat in the SEN lounge… plus BER doesn’t even have one, there’s no beans for that, but beans are indeed cheap so the little pots are half-filled with them

Aren’t Sat mornings always quiet?
SFO_FT likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
If you’re only SEN you probably eat in the SEN lounge… plus BER doesn’t even have one, there’s no beans for that, but beans are indeed cheap so the little pots are half-filled with them

Aren’t Sat mornings always quiet?
There were two oversold FRA flights within 45min of one another with half the plane configured as C, plus an LX departure at least, so that’s quite a few lounge eligible pax right there… anyway. It is what it is, and was better than I expected on my first visit as I was expecting extreme crap
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m just used to high standards in Poland, it has spoiled me, like the simple expectation to be able to get something decent in a lounge that would pass as a meal

But then LOT is 3* and Lufthansa is 5*
lhrpete and chris63 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by zappa42m
Tempelhof is history since 2008. And at TXL there was always the famous currywurst on offer at the lounge.
As Hugolover said, I referred to BER lounges names. One is called Tempelhof (and used by non *A airlines and probably Priority PAss or similar) and the LH-*A Lounge is called Tegel
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by Marcin83
As Hugolover said, I referred to BER lounges names. One is called Tempelhof (and used by non *A airlines and probably Priority PAss or similar) and the LH-*A Lounge is called Tegel
Actually, the "Tegel" lounge has not yet been opened. It will be the second airport operated lounge. It is located next to the Lufthansa lounge. It is not the Lufthansa lounge.
Also, Lufthansa originally planned to operate two lounges (SEN and Business). Unless this has changed, we will see more Lufthansa lounge space once traffic picks up.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Greg45
Actually, the "Tegel" lounge has not yet been opened. It will be the second airport operated lounge. It is located next to the Lufthansa lounge. It is not the Lufthansa lounge.
Also, Lufthansa originally planned to operate two lounges (SEN and Business). Unless this has changed, we will see more Lufthansa lounge space once traffic picks up.
Thx for the info. I thought Tegel=LH Lounge
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, as I said, contract lounges
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Lounge is not really good - restroo.s have broken handles, Coffee Maschine works sometimes but not always, fordern is sub Standard.....
Are you talking about the Lounge Tempelhof?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Lufthansa lounge is located at the gate B20, quite a walk through the terminal. It's one lounge for Business Class passengers and SEN or Star Alliance Gold members. I like the lounge, it's very spacious. The lounge has a dining station in the section which is kind of separated from the rest area, which is a nice concept. Lots of comfortable seats and small couches, tables to eat the food. Food is typical to other Lufthansa lounges in Covid times (beans before the flight, really Lufthansa? ) but does include hot food. Everything is self service. Contrary to what was mentioned in one of the previous posts, I didn't see anything broken in the restrooms. No shower facilities in the lounge. Amazing airport views!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.