Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about MEX-FRA in First (October 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
My family has lived in Mexico for 30 years or more, and this was the most "Mexican" experience I've had. Well done, Benito Juarez!
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, probably glad once boarded back on the LH bird, hehe...

I’ve gone to Mexico for work a lot, Querétaro also, and I really like the country. It might not work as smooth as other places, but food, music, people etc. are all great in my experience 🇲🇽
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kleffen
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, probably glad once boarded back on the LH bird, hehe...

I’ve gone to Mexico for work a lot, Querétaro also, and I really like the country. It might not work as smooth as other places, but food, music, people etc. are all great in my experience 🇲🇽
Oh yeah, I love the country. MEX, not so much. And I will add that it wasn't so bad, just laughable experience. Una experiecia muy mexicana!
Kleffen likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Oh yeah, I love the country. MEX, not so much. And I will add that it wasn't so bad, just laughable experience. Una experiecia muy mexicana!
I think we should be clear that absolutely none of these issues has anything to do with LH, except the lack of lounge access...

Works surprisingly well if you fill out the form before arrival at the airport, btw. And no problem with Mobile BP at MEX today.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
How was LH F onboard ex MEX , Load in F ?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vantage03
I think we should be clear that absolutely none of these issues has anything to do with LH, except the lack of lounge access...

Works surprisingly well if you fill out the form before arrival at the airport, btw. And no problem with Mobile BP at MEX today.
Yup, this is correct.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:43 pm

Guess you got lucky. Joking around at an airport (bomb, hahahaha...) is never a good idea even if you consider their security as inadequate (I've seen many "security shows" around the globe, and never thought it would be a good idea to joke around about it at the airport..), and most probably not during a global pandemic. Result could have very well been they putting you on a no-fly list. Enjoy that ocean liner back to Europe
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Guess you got lucky. Joking around at an airport (bomb, hahahaha...) is never a good idea even if you consider their security as inadequate (I've seen many "security shows" around the globe, and never thought it would be a good idea to joke around about it at the airport..), and most probably not during a global pandemic. Result could have very well been they putting you on a no-fly list. Enjoy that ocean liner back to Europe
I didn't joke around, I argued. But yeah, point taken.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I didn't joke around, I argued. But yeah, point taken.
That’s probably worse...
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
That’s probably worse...
Indeed, especially given the previous reports of what can happen at MEX to LH F pax....
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Indeed, especially given the previous reports of what can happen at MEX to LH F pax....
So my trip to MEX couldn’t have been easier this week. No drama on arrival, in fact the immigration officers were swift, friendly and welcoming. I don’t feel we’re getting the complete picture of the stories told here.

Outbound, no LH lounge, however the Priority Pass / VISA / Diners ‘Grand Lounge Elite’ is totally good enough, probably better than why LH usually uses. It has free a la carte food and drinks, and they drive you in a buggy (think SIN or HKG style) to the boarding gate.

Great station manager who made a special catering request happen (and went over and above) with <48 hours notice (when the HON line told me that due to Covid cost cutting it probably wouldn’t happen. It wasn’t something major at all, but the effort is appreciated).

LH F in and out of MEX is still top shelf, and everything you would have expected pre-Covid.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
So my trip to MEX couldn’t have been easier this week. No drama on arrival, in fact the immigration officers were swift, friendly and welcoming. I don’t feel we’re getting the complete picture of the stories told here.

Outbound, no LH lounge, however the Priority Pass / VISA / Diners ‘Grand Lounge Elite’ is totally good enough, probably better than why LH usually uses. It has free a la carte food and drinks, and they drive you in a buggy (think SIN or HKG style) to the boarding gate.

Great station manager who made a special catering request happen (and went over and above) with <48 hours notice (when the HON line told me that due to Covid cost cutting it probably wouldn’t happen. It wasn’t something major at all, but the effort is appreciated).

LH F in and out of MEX is still top shelf, and everything you would have expected pre-Covid.
what kind of tequillla did they have on board?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to hear, were you met at the gate on arrival as HON in F ?
What were the loads in F ?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Good to hear, were you met at the gate on arrival as HON in F ?
What were the loads in F ?
No arrival services for HON/F. Immigration was completely empty on arrival though so there is absolutely no wait.

F loads were 5/8 FRA-MEX and 7/8 MEX-FRA.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:56 am

^load seems not affected by the new lockdown in Germany

just checked in for MEX flight tomorrow...6/8 seats occupied in F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.