Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Group Ground Services update 17SEP20

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Lufthansa Group Ground Services update 17SEP20

Along with the information about the HON Circle courtesy rules for (re-)qualification, Lufthansa has given a quick update on their ground services.
Here are the most important bullet points on flying Lufthansa Group in times of Corona:

Focus on the ground:
- Airport Distancing, Cleaning & Infection Protection Standards
- Boarding Processes
- Contactless Travel (Digital Service & Biometrics)

Focus on board:
- HEPA filters
- Seat allocation
- Adapted service concept
- De-boarding process

Overarching:
- CoVid-19 Test & Vaccination Strategy
- Contact Tracing
- Medical self-assessment

Lufthansa thinks that testing will become a fixed service element within their premium services - they are currently in the process of exploring ways to integrate this into their portfolio. First step is a fast lane and dedicated area in FRA at the Centogene test site.

Lounges:
  • Lounges are major element of „old and new” customer needs
  • Gradually reopen lounges based on flight schedules and booking numbers
  • F&B gradually increased due to infection protection and cost control
  • First step open as one class, then class differentiation
  • First Class facilities incl. FCT are opened as soon as guest volume allows it
  • Cost for FCT have been reduced (guests should not notice any change in service / offering level) to enable opening as soon as possible once pax numbers improve
  • Fast Lane at FRA (for pax without any hand luggage) to be used by HON Circle members at any time
  • Limo Service is important for infection protection, bring back service as soon as passenger numbers improve
  • Follow up lounge guest numbers and costs closely after opening (MXP closed again during the weekend due to very low pax numbers)
  • Balance of cost and efficiency must be met
  • F&B offerings still vary based on local health authorities
  • Lounge offering in Vienna scheduled for the end of September, including special area for HON Circle as in ZRH

Airport services:
  • Focus on services with infection protection, such as PA (where separation can be granted) and Fast Track Security
  • Align with major airports to ensure consistent experience
  • LH receives a stat every day how many apron flights (pre-corona: 40% apron, currently 15-20% apron) – i.e. resulting in discussions with FRAPort for opening of additional A Gates
  • 50% maximum load on buses as per agreement between LHG and airports (at least that's what the agreement is...)
  • Priority Boarding at pre Corona service (board at any time for premium pax did not work out, so back to pre Corona scheme)
  • Covid-19 testcenters at all major relevant stations
  • Focus on clear and realtime communication of changes
Digital services:
  • Push all digital service touchpoints to reduce infection risk
  • Close white sports with digital meal- and hotel voucher as well as checkin confirmation for markets without mobile boarding pass
  • Push biometrics as comfortable and contactless service
airoli, YYCCL3, athome and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wondered about the MXP lounge. I saw it was open, interesting it closed again. Is another access arranged?
What about FCO?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I wondered about the MXP lounge. I saw it was open, interesting it closed again. Is another access arranged?
What about FCO?
FCO Star Alliance Lounge is still closed. I was there yesterday. No vouchers given either. If departing from FCO, note that there is only one small takeaway coffee shop open airside. All other shops are closed. So, if you need to eat, do so before going through security.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hugolover
What about FCO?
I read somewhere that the MXP was now closing on weekends due to the low level of passengers
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.