Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strangest IDB I have ever come across

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's the UK address you need, and ideally you would search Companies House to find a UK registered company and registered address that belongs to the Lufthansa Group. If all else fails I'd be tempted to send it to whatever address you have, and Lufthansa would pass it to their UK solicitor. But there is a risk that unless you get an appropriate UK legal entity to sue that the first tthing the solicitor will do is ask for the matter to be halted. So worth doing some homework if using MCOL. On the other hand the solicitor may appreciate that at some point you will get it right and thus advise their client that they will be charged £500 to even look at your submission.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:33 am
Original Poster

FINAL UPDATE
To summarize:
My family and I were not on passenger manifest and effectively not allowed to board on EW flight on tickets booked through LH (more details in my very first post). As it turned out LH did not re-book tickets in full but refused liability (costs incurred + compensation)
Negotiations through SöP gave some glimpse of hope as LH agreed to pay costs but not compensation. As both parties needed to agree to the proposal it failed as I refused to accept.
Instead I sent the final request for payment to LH and when they did not respond I started the case in MCOL.
LH sat tight and did not respond when the court sent file to them. After required period to respond lapsed I requested a judgment in default. Meantime LH responded to my letter still offering to pay costs only. When I advised there is a ruling against them and they need to pay up it went again very quiet. After multiple follow ups I requested through MCOL a warrant to be issued. It took another month or so when LH sent a cheque to the court and after couple of weeks I received mine which now has cleared. After adding all costs incurred and compensation + interest + costs of litigation in person I received 3x the amount LH wanted to pay. And we are talking thousands.

The only explanation of LH behaviour is the fact that % of people who are going to pursue such case will be very small and their algorithm for a long time will return a profit of such appalling stand they take. Even when the judgement was issued they waited for the bailiff hoping one would not know what to do next and would drop the case.... Overall it took 14 months to get this closed.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
Well done indeed.

As you say, the only explanation is that the percentage of people that could be bothered to go so far must be small enough to make it worth their while.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Well done, hope others read this & don’t give up
hugolover and dromack like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Thank you for the update.
This case confirms my opinion -> söp is not worth the effort.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Thank you for the update.
This case confirms my opinion -> söp is not worth the effort.
In my case it was very time consuming as söp stalled the process and made an offer in LH favour. Maybe there are success stories with söp but not mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.