Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intra European Business Class on LH During COVID

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Intra European Business Class on LH During COVID

I'm sorry if this is addressed on another thread (I couldn't find it), but what does the service in intra European Business Class look like during the COVID era? Are meals served? Is alcohol offered?

On an Embraer 190 I believe seats are blocked in coach as well, so the hard product in coach seems on par with the business class product. Any reason to pay for an upgrade (especially if I already have lounge access as a Star Alliance Gold)?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Check out this thread
LH group meals during COVID 19
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:36 pm

On Lufthansa intra European C class alcohol is served but you must ask for it (no trolley service), and they had Bailey's which OS C class was missing.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by andywaw
Check out this thread
LH group meals during COVID 19
On Lufthansa intra European C class alcohol is served but you must ask for it (no trolley service), and they had Bailey's which OS C class was missing.
Thank you both!

Is it correct that they're blocking seats in Y as well, so essentially the seats are equivalent between economy and business?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Just flown 4 intra EU C class LH flights this week.
Service 100% as usual -- same food and drinks.
For Y purser told, it is only bottle of water for every pax.

Also took look to Y and there was 0 seat blocking -- all 4 flights on Airbuses was completely full in Y and 2 flights also 100% full in C.
In C of course, the middle seat is blocked as must be and was also pre COVID.
I think in Y they will keep some seats empty only if booking situation allows.

Actually, for C class LH did very good job to provide at leats on air the normal service! Kudos them for that!

As most of the time in C you will have also something to eat or drink, then also can put away for eating / drinking facemask.
Disembarking from planes is strongly by sectors -- C pax may stand up and disembark first, no clue aboutsize of next groups.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Is it correct that they're blocking seats in Y as well, so essentially the seats are equivalent between economy and business?
No, not anymore
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Just flown 4 intra EU C class LH flights this week.
Service 100% as usual -- same food and drinks.
For Y purser told, it is only bottle of water for every pax.

Also took look to Y and there was 0 seat blocking -- all 4 flights on Airbuses was completely full in Y and 2 flights also 100% full in C.
In C of course, the middle seat is blocked as must be and was also pre COVID.
I think in Y they will keep some seats empty only if booking situation allows.

Actually, for C class LH did very good job to provide at leats on air the normal service! Kudos them for that!

As most of the time in C you will have also something to eat or drink, then also can put away for eating / drinking facemask.
Disembarking from planes is strongly by sectors -- C pax may stand up and disembark first, no clue aboutsize of next groups.
No, not anymore
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.