Wiki Posts
Search

EWR-FRA loads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
EWR-FRA loads

Looks like LH and UA are tag teaming this route for the time being. Does anyone know what loads are like these days in PE and C on either airline? My priority would be space over amenities. Had a very good TA experience on LH business (747 upper deck) earlier this year pre-pandemic. LH uses 330, UA uses 787. I like to go PE eastbound, C westbound so contemplating LH PE eastbound, UA C westbound. My rationale is UA C on the westbound for distancing in the single window seat vs. LH‘s 2-2-2. Though I have no doubt the LH soft product is superior, I’d be fine just grabbing a few sandwiches in FRA for the journey.

Any insights/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by lt1GM; Jul 21, 2020 at 3:26 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jul 21, 2020, 5:32 pm

I think the EWR flights are pretty full compared to other routes but that’s just a hunch. My girlfriend was on LH in C out of EWR 10 days ago, every seat taken.
I was on LH out of ORD 4 weeks ago, C was maybe 20% full, at the most. Coming back to IAD on UA, 20% in C as well. Had one of the single true window seats. Didn’t expect much in terms of service, and didn’t care too much, but LH was significantly better than UA for sure.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’m hearing that westbound flights are almost empty, or at least not too busy, but eastbound flights are full to the brim.

Apparently many Europeans who have lost their jobs (or are working from home) due to Coronavirus in the US are taking these flights back to the EU at the moment.

I’ve spoken to FAs who have worked these eastbound TATL flights and they were quite uncomfortable about how full they are. Same with LX.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
I’m hearing that westbound flights are almost empty, or at least not too busy, but eastbound flights are full to the brim.

Apparently many Europeans who have lost their jobs (or are working from home) due to Coronavirus in the US are taking these flights back to the EU at the moment.

I’ve spoken to FAs who have worked these eastbound TATL flights and they were quite uncomfortable about how full they are. Same with LX.
That sounds terrible on multiple levels.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
OP - you shouldn't cross post EWR-FRA loads

I would take UA for the single seat window privacy, both directions (on the 787) if you can.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by seanp7
OP - you shouldn't cross post EWR-FRA loads

I would take UA for the single seat window privacy, both directions (on the 787) if you can.
Agreed. The aisle access is very worthwhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.