Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Old Sep 23, 22, 10:15 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
I understand your frustration and have been in similar situations a few times, not very First-classy. Add to that the often sourly waiters...

The only semi-disagreement:

Yes, for availability of space, having two lounges open, etc.

But absolutely not for the two things you comment on the FCT:
  • The ZRH food offering is a lot of facade for something which is just ever so slightly above mediocre. Convenient, but not fine dining or First Class level (go to Paris, AF Salon Premire - now that is First class food). And they aren't very accomodating either
  • Working cubicles: let's agree that Zurich has none. In FCL A, they have these wooden cabins, with open roofs and a big space on top of the doors, so all the noise comes in. And since the lounge in FCL A (i) usually has this background music playing - Radio Swiss Pop, what they also play on ski lifts and in supermarkets - and asking them to switch it off is met with a look of scandal (ii) is built in a way that does not absorve the very very loud noise from the espresso machine, kitchen utensils, glasses at the bar, chatter from people - it basically is impossible to have a noise-free phone conversation or concentration time in one of those cubicles. And FCL E does not even have anything that pretends being a work cubicle.
I agree on the work cubicles!

Not so much on the food: in my book, better quality, a lot more choice and no stupid until/from 11 rule. Just had Zurich veal there for breakfast and eggs benedict as an afternoon snack. Hit the spot.
Old Sep 23, 22, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Yes, the ZRH FCLs have been set up as pleasure Temples, no thought given to work & nowhere to have a private phone conversation, unless you book a dayroom in FCLE
The day hotel rooms are currently not available, as there is, no kidding, a shortage of clean sheets. Came in at 6, body clock midnight, and desperate for a few hours of sleep, and they could not find sheets anywhere. Told me it has been going on for months. There is nowhere else to nap/sleep at FCLE. I am speechless.
chris63 and hugolover like this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Sep 23, 22 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 23, 22, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Do&Co is not known to be a generous employer, their pay and expectation is rather tough...
So that's why they've become so popular with airlines in the past few years
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
So that's why they've become so popular with airlines in the past few years
I never understood why many pax kept praising them as the gold standard.

But interesting to learn now that they are also lousy employers, which explains quite a bit.
Old Sep 23, 22, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post

Not so much on the food: in my book, better quality, a lot more choice and no stupid until/from 11 rule. Just had Zurich veal there for breakfast and eggs benedict as an afternoon snack. Hit the spot.
Yes, the food offering is the best LH group are currently offering in a FCL
worldclubber likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 1:58 pm

The day hotel rooms are currently not available, as there is, no kidding, a shortage of clean sheets. Came in at 6, body clock midnight, and desperate for a few hours of sleep, and they could not find sheets anywhere. Told me it has been going on for months. There is nowhere else to nap/sleep at FCLE. I am speechless.
Exactly my experience from earlier this week, i was also speechless, how can you have World Class facilities like that which are totally functionless due to a lack of clean bedding.. i have raised it with core customer care, they are investigating
worldclubber likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:16 pm

Exactly my experience from earlier this week, i was also speechless, how can you have World Class facilities like that which are totally functionless due to a lack of clean bedding.. i have raised it with core customer care, they are investigating
I will write in tomorrow, which I havent done for a while, but I was really unhappy.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:31 pm

I will write in tomorrow, which I havent done for a while, but I was really unhappy.
Suggest you mention that you know its not an isolated incident
worldclubber likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:38 pm

Suggest you mention that you know its not an isolated incident
Exactly!
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 8:45 pm

Programs: LH HON, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Angry Timing reopening Frankfurt FCL B?

A little mini-rant relating to LH FCLs and particularly the FCT: Please bring back the FCL in B, to relieve pressure on the FCT, and the service at the FCT to an appropriate level!

Do we know when the FCL B in Frankfurt will be re-opened? Have transferred through Frankfurt, Zurich, Istanbul and Doha recently on trips from Asia to Latin America, and the Frankfurt experience is disappointing, to say the least.
Old Sep 24, 22, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn View Post
Do we know when the FCL B in Frankfurt will be re-opened? Have transferred through Frankfurt, Zurich, Istanbul and Doha recently on trips from Asia to Latin America, and the Frankfurt experience is disappointing, to say the least.
There are currently no plans to reopen FCLB, best to head over to FCT on connections in F
Old Sep 24, 22, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn View Post
Asked yesterday and they told me that, as Chris also confirmed, there are no plans to reopen the lounge, as they don't seem to be able to find staff and are kind of happy with the "F/HON section in SEN lounge" solution for now. Would also suggest to trek over to the FCT. Unfortunately, most people seem to do just that and the FCT gets really busy.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 22, 4:52 am

Programs: LH HON, AA PLT, DL PM
I was there Thursday. Got a day room no problem. Maybe it was just the 6am hour?
Old Sep 24, 22, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by MBR18 View Post
I was there Thursday. Got a day room no problem. Maybe it was just the 6am hour?
Lucky you, in my case they confirmed both rooms were available at 10 a.m & subsequently they were out of use for the entire day, according to the Staff.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Sep 24, 22, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by MBR18 View Post
First asked at 6 and they confirmed at 9 that the rooms would be blocked at least for the rest of the day due to no clean sheets. Seems to be a regular occurrence now.
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread